Review: Just The Thing

Posted in the Chester Forum

Nicole

Shoemakersville, PA

#1 Aug 26, 2009
I bought a $49 diaper bag and with tax came to $52 so I gave the lady at the counter $70. Well to my suprise when I got home I really paid $62 for the bag. I should have counted my money ASAP but trusted the little old lady who rang me up, guess Ill think twice about trusting people.
Betty - Chester Va

Chesterfield, VA

#2 Sep 18, 2009
I really enjoy shopping at this unique shop. The owner, Mary is so friendly and outgoing with the customers. The first time I met her I felt like I had know her forever. If you are looking for Pandora, Brighton, sterling jewelry purses and just very unique different items for yourself or gifts you MUST visit this shop
Pooh

Dallas, TX

#3 Dec 10, 2009
Nicole wrote:
I bought a $49 diaper bag and with tax came to $52 so I gave the lady at the counter $70. Well to my suprise when I got home I really paid $62 for the bag. I should have counted my money ASAP but trusted the little old lady who rang me up, guess Ill think twice about trusting people.
People make mistakes. It was up to you to count your change. It was your fault moreso than it was hers.
Jan in Richmond

Chester, VA

#4 Dec 15, 2009
Nicole wrote:
Wow, so if the person made a mistake, she is cheating you? What happens when they forget to take the pickles off your Big Mac, are they cheating you too. Grow up. Did you take the time to call and follow up or was it just easier to complain? Maybe you really just gave her $60.....mistakes do happen dear.
Tonia

Richmond, VA

#5 Dec 26, 2009
I visited this shop today for the first time and was very impressed! If you are looking for really nice, unique, and stylish jewerly or gifts you should visit Just the Thing. The Ladies were very friendly and nice. I cannot wait to visit again.
Jen

United States

#6 Feb 1, 2010
I find the ladies in the shop very "hoity-toity". I was in there with my sister just before Christmas as she was making purchases, and not only did they try to over charge her, but they also tried to charge her tax on gift certificates, which would not be applied to the redemption of the gift certificates. When I questioned this they got insulted and at first told me I was wrong until I explained to them you cannot charge tax twice on a single item. Though they did fix the overcharge on the Pandora charms and did fix the tax issue on the gift certificates, I don't feel that it was an honest mistake. I feel it is a common practice if theirs and their "sweet" exterior is a facade.
Kaye

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2010
I shop here all the time and love this store! I really like the fact that we have a gift shop in Chester that sells unique items. I also like that they know me by name when I go back. That says a lot these days when people are too busy to remember to be kind and appreciate the people that bring them business. I am a collector of Pandora and anytime I go in they pull all the trays out for me to browse and walk away and leave me to shop. These charms start at $25 on up. They trust and have faith in their customers and provide excellent customer service. Where else can you go in this day and age and buy something & get it gift wrapped for free? Love it! To the lady with the wrong change...I am sorry this happened to you and I can assure you it was not done on purpose. If you had brought it to their attention they would have made it right. They are very customer oriented.
Stacey Chappell

Chester, VA

#8 Jun 10, 2010
The store is great, and wonderfully prices items! They sell the neatest bracelets at the front counters; very colorful, and some are even blown glass. I purchased a couple two weeks ago, and I get tons of compliments! Oh, and they were only $12.00.

Thank You Just The Thing! We will return
Cheri

Colonial Heights, VA

#9 Aug 16, 2010
Pooh wrote:
<quoted text>
People make mistakes. It was up to you to count your change. It was your fault moreso than it was hers.
I totally agree. They are not like that there. If Mary knew that you were given the wrong change, she would have gladly given it back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty Secret Affects Every Phone User Fri One way or another 2
Review: Golden Goat (Aug '10) Dec 24 Spylock 30
Donna Howlett Dec 23 Mansion Hiller 18
Citizens fight back against criminal robbing dr... (May '12) Dec 23 NYC2VA 9
Mr. Cheney--You Are a Piece of C--P Part 1 Dec 23 skru 2
Local Gay Rights Advocates Fight Controversial ... Dec 22 My eyes 5
Gang stalking and psychological harassment in R... Dec 21 Sup 8
Chester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web