Publice service announcment speed limit on 15th st

Posted in the Chester Forum

Servant

Hopewell, VA

#1 Sep 8, 2013
The speed limit is 35 mph on 15 th street and has been for as long as I can remember. I always get behind an old person doing 20-25 range. If someones behind you beeping there doing it for a reason to tell you to hit the gas the long one on the right if you were not aware
Servant

Hopewell, VA

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Or yelling its 35 at you there talking about the speed limit not the year you were born
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#3 Sep 8, 2013
It's like that all over town. They either go ten or more under the limit, or are speeding like hell all over the road. If the fools would get off their damn phones and pay attention it might help. It ain't all old folks either, just empty headed idiots that don't need to be behind the wheel.
anon

Hopewell, VA

#4 Sep 9, 2013
lulz
Don Juan

Hopewell, VA

#5 Sep 13, 2013
one of the bill boards on 15th street should the speed limit i got $50 on the cause anyone else in or know if they would even put a scratch in it
Lilly

Hopewell, VA

#6 Sep 18, 2013
police only want to enforce the speeds on 295, too many people there just pay it... lots of travelers just going thru.. Often people come across Oaklawn on Dinwiddie and then mortally fly all the way to Courthouse Rd. IT would be so easy for cops to sit beind the bushes at the corner or Dinwiddie/Va st... or behind The credit union..and catch these jack asses...
My biggest complain is ones on cell phones so busy yacking away and not even looking up or to the side...
GI Joe

Ellicott City, MD

#8 Sep 26, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
It's like that all over town. They either go ten or more under the limit, or are speeding like hell all over the road. If the fools would get off their damn phones and pay attention it might help. It ain't all old folks either, just empty headed idiots that don't need to be behind the wheel.
Settle down old man.

"Grrr! Everybody who drives slower than me is an idiot. And everybody who drives faster than me is a maniac... Thanks a lot Obama!"
Lilly

Hopewell, VA

#9 Sep 29, 2013
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Lilly, your reaction is a kneejerk reaction. I have seen multiple occasions where disgruntled residents will complain to police about speeders in their areas and demand strict enforcement. That is all well and good until one of them are caught in the radar and they start yelling, it was not me I was talking about it is the people who do not live in the area. I agree with you about the I-295 issue and the fact that the Hopewell Sheriffs department have been relegated to that of being revenue collectors rather than protectors of the peace, however, beware of what you wish for.
I know exactly what I wish for...Enforcement on some of these streets... It's not knee jerk at all when I see people mortally flying down Dinwiddie... bottoming out as they come across Oaklawn...and only gaining all the way... I have Never seen radar here... I'm not talking of someone going 45 or 50 in a 35 mph zone...I'm talking hitting 60 to 70 mph thru a SCHOOL zone... There they do this past the school too... of course it's worse at night... when normally no one is at the school... Yes... I do want it enforce some... catch the worst of these idiots
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#11 Sep 29, 2013
If I may interject, it matters not who gets busted. If someone breaks the law(no matter WHAT law) they need to be punished. A drug pusher selling to children or a speeder hitting a killing a kid is irrelevant, a law has been broken and a child is harmed. The person committing the crime being you, him, her, or me, we should be punished for not using common sense. When it happens, don't whine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Del. Joe Morrissey to announce plans to run for... 21 hr VN Vet 5
Black people should recieve Reparations (Nov '08) 21 hr VN Vet 181
Dougie Pearson? 22 hr hidyhidy 1
March 9th Important Date Mon Charma 29
comedian jack willhite Mar 29 comedy groupies 1
College Aged and Wanting to Meet New People? Mar 29 NotFromRichmond 1
Review: Paul and Son Emergency Locksmith Mar 29 GloriaHolden68 1
Chester Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web