Richmond Paramedic Accused of Possessing Child Porn. - wtvr

Full story: WTVR 42
When you have an emergency, you call EMS for help, but Chesterfield police say one EMS worker is accused of a serious crime. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Countrycow68

AOL

#1 Mar 29, 2010
People like this just make me sick!! May he rot in hell !!!!
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#2 Mar 29, 2010
I see now said the blind man. He will get handled with kid gloves, just like mr moore down at the club velvet because of connections in high places.
rackin a round

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Mar 29, 2010
With all of the negative news coverage on Richmond Ambulance people (quite a few drug charges, so far 2 child porn cases and a murder) I think I will no longer admit to the fact that I was once employed there. I thought that people who were in this profession were supposed to be trustworthy. People like this give all EMS providers a horrible name no matter what company you work for or volunteer for. For the next few weeks everytime a child gets injured, what will be going through the parent's minds when they have to call 911? And I say a few weeks because I'm sure that given enough time something else will be coming up about another "bad seed" who we thought could help us....It is a sad day for EMS providers everywhere
EMS-Cop

Suffolk, VA

#4 Mar 29, 2010
Seems like Mr. Overstreet has a history of unprofessional behavior as an EMT. This person should not be allowed to serve in a position of public trust.
JESSE E OVERSTREET, JR
Certification No: E100604101
Date 12/18/2007
Character of Case
Failure to document refusal of care
Failure to comply with EMS Agency and Vehicle Requirements
.
Regulations
12 VAC 5-31-1090. Refusal of care. A decision not to treat or transport a patient shall be fully documented on the prehospital patient care report.
12 VAC 5-31-1110. Transfer of patient care/patient abandonment.EMS personnel may not leave a patient in need of emergency medical care without first providing that a level of care capable of meeting the assessed and documented needs of the patient's condition is present and available or a refusal is obtained.
.
Disposition: Citation Paramedic
.
Kang

Richmond, VA

#5 Mar 29, 2010
Orca food
Sammy

Richmond, VA

#6 Mar 29, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
I see now said the blind man. He will get handled with kid gloves, just like mr moore down at the club velvet because of connections in high places.
Fleahead that is nothing!! How about our recently active fired police chief at VCU, caught red handed soliciting sex with teenage girls on the internet. He was deemed incompetent for trial by the Commonwealth Attorney. Lets see competent to be a POLICE CHIEF yet incompetent to stand trial????????

And you thought JOE MORRISEY was bad. Go figure
anon

Ashburn, VA

#7 Mar 30, 2010
Whats pathetic is that the media's first attempt at this story even tries to connect being an EMT to child porn. there are mechanics, doctors, bankers, politicians, cops, retails sales people and people in any other job out there that are criminals of one sort or the other. that doesnt mean their job had anything to do with what they did or what kind of person they are. being an EMT doesnt make someone a criminal.
rackin a round

United States

#8 Mar 30, 2010
anon, what are you talking about! Do you honestly think that? What you need to realize is that EMTs and Paramedics are in the back of the ambulance with children ALL of the time! In fact in Richmond, the parent had to ride up front with the driver because of their rules....and guess what, there was no walk through like you see on television, there was a WALL there with a tiny tiny little window that you couldn't see out of because a chair blocked your view! And thank you EMS cop for pointing out that once again there was a history of not making such great choices by this man....
RichmondMedic

Richmond, VA

#9 Mar 30, 2010
Wow...let's see,you're wrong in the fact that the parent HAS to ride up front, by our rules. How about you do some homework before actually posting something that you obviously don't know about. It's at the PROVIDER'S discretion who rides in the back of the ambulance, and I know that most(including me), if not all, of the paramedics I know in the city and abroad have the parents ride in the back to both calm the pt. and parent and to also KEEP STUPID COMMENTS LIKE THAT from being said. Now, how about when someone else in the medical field has something like this happen...say, a doctor? Does that mean you suddenly start wondering if you should go to a DOCTOR because there was a doctor somewhere that did something like this? Of course not...you take it with a grain of salt that there are some f***ed up individuals in the world that happen to have REGULAR jobs.

Oh, and that whole clip about "ashamed to have called yourself an employee of Richmond"...get a life man. You have bad people in every arena of the business, it's not city specific. I'm PROUD to serve the city of Richmond...the residents are the people I answer to, NOT the HR section of my company, which is the branch that HIRES PEOPLE. True, I can understand why this might make people hesitate before calling 911...in Chesterfield, where he functioned as a paramedic. In Richmond, he was a dispatcher. Let's not give in to hysteria here and remember that the vast majority of us got into the business to HELP people...don't let your perception of us get marred by the actions of one individual.
Another medic

Midlothian, VA

#10 Mar 30, 2010
Sammy, your uninformed. the vcu chief had a major medical problem before his trial and will now spend the rest of his life incapacitated. prosecuting him would be pointless.

rackin a around, if you were put up front it's probably because you were being stupid and they only brought you so that the hospital could get your permission to treat the patient. The little window instead of a walkthrough is so nuts (which you sound like) cant get in the back from the front

RichmondMedic, you know he worked in the field too.

Bottom line, trust is a big deal. trust was violated. it's a scar that all public safety (especially RAA) will have to wear for a while and it's only through doing the right thing day in a day out that there can be any kind of repair.

Bottom line,
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#11 Mar 30, 2010
EMS-Cop wrote:
Seems like Mr. Overstreet has a history of unprofessional behavior as an EMT. This person should not be allowed to serve in a position of public trust.
JESSE E OVERSTREET, JR
Certification No: E100604101
Date 12/18/2007
Character of Case
Failure to document refusal of care
Failure to comply with EMS Agency and Vehicle Requirements
.
Regulations
12 VAC 5-31-1090. Refusal of care. A decision not to treat or transport a patient shall be fully documented on the prehospital patient care report.
12 VAC 5-31-1110. Transfer of patient care/patient abandonment.EMS personnel may not leave a patient in need of emergency medical care without first providing that a level of care capable of meeting the assessed and documented needs of the patient's condition is present and available or a refusal is obtained.
.
Disposition: Citation Paramedic
.
How can this be, some locales where he worked said he was a great EMS employee.

I guess the vetting process never happpened.
Sammy

Richmond, VA

#13 Mar 30, 2010
Another medic wrote:
Sammy, your uninformed. the vcu chief had a major medical problem before his trial and will now spend the rest of his life incapacitated. prosecuting him would be pointless.
rackin a around, if you were put up front it's probably because you were being stupid and they only brought you so that the hospital could get your permission to treat the patient. The little window instead of a walkthrough is so nuts (which you sound like) cant get in the back from the front
RichmondMedic, you know he worked in the field too.
Bottom line, trust is a big deal. trust was violated. it's a scar that all public safety (especially RAA) will have to wear for a while and it's only through doing the right thing day in a day out that there can be any kind of repair.
Bottom line,
Speaking of uninformed?? The so called major medical problem did not keep him from running in the Richmond marathon. Do your homework check into it heck he even signed up to run in it. He is not dead or dying of anything. It's all a JOKE
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#14 Mar 30, 2010
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fleahead that is nothing!! How about our recently active fired police chief at VCU, caught red handed soliciting sex with teenage girls on the internet. He was deemed incompetent for trial by the Commonwealth Attorney. Lets see competent to be a POLICE CHIEF yet incompetent to stand trial????????
And you thought JOE MORRISEY was bad. Go figure
Water under the bridge, get over it.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#15 Mar 30, 2010
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of uninformed?? The so called major medical problem did not keep him from running in the Richmond marathon. Do your homework check into it heck he even signed up to run in it. He is not dead or dying of anything. It's all a JOKE
What a miraculous recovery, i think the therapy sessions and the exercising made a new man out of him; not only that, the Viagra seems to have worn off.
HOSPITAL WORKER

Nashville, TN

#16 Mar 31, 2010
HE DOES RIDE ON RAA AND HAS BROUGHT PEOPLE TO OUR ER(CMC)
RichmondMedic wrote:
Wow...let's see,you're wrong in the fact that the parent HAS to ride up front, by our rules. How about you do some homework before actually posting something that you obviously don't know about. It's at the PROVIDER'S discretion who rides in the back of the ambulance, and I know that most(including me), if not all, of the paramedics I know in the city and abroad have the parents ride in the back to both calm the pt. and parent and to also KEEP STUPID COMMENTS LIKE THAT from being said. Now, how about when someone else in the medical field has something like this happen...say, a doctor? Does that mean you suddenly start wondering if you should go to a DOCTOR because there was a doctor somewhere that did something like this? Of course not...you take it with a grain of salt that there are some f***ed up individuals in the world that happen to have REGULAR jobs.
Oh, and that whole clip about "ashamed to have called yourself an employee of Richmond"...get a life man. You have bad people in every arena of the business, it's not city specific. I'm PROUD to serve the city of Richmond...the residents are the people I answer to, NOT the HR section of my company, which is the branch that HIRES PEOPLE. True, I can understand why this might make people hesitate before calling 911...in Chesterfield, where he functioned as a paramedic. In Richmond, he was a dispatcher. Let's not give in to hysteria here and remember that the vast majority of us got into the business to HELP people...don't let your perception of us get marred by the actions of one individual.
American Patriot

Petersburg, VA

#17 Mar 31, 2010
Greetings to all. I understand the frustration, and agree that this is a disturbing situation. However, let's wait until we hear of a conviction before pronouncing judgment. We only know what we have seen in the news. Though much is changing in today's society, we are still Americans, and we still stand by innocent until proven guilty. And, for those who have been concerned, RAA employees do not receive special treatment in legal matters, I can assure you that. Many lives have been destroyed from false accusations. This is why there is an investigation PENDING. I will wait and pass judgment AFTER a conviction.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#18 Mar 31, 2010
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of uninformed?? The so called major medical problem did not keep him from running in the Richmond marathon. Do your homework check into it heck he even signed up to run in it. He is not dead or dying of anything. It's all a JOKE
Whats your handicap sammy, stupidity; even that wouldn't prevent you from running a marathon? You don't have all the facts.
not a teahead

Richmond, VA

#19 Mar 31, 2010
American Patriot wrote:
Greetings to all. I understand the frustration, and agree that this is a disturbing situation. However, let's wait until we hear of a conviction before pronouncing judgment. We only know what we have seen in the news. Though much is changing in today's society, we are still Americans, and we still stand by innocent until proven guilty. And, for those who have been concerned, RAA employees do not receive special treatment in legal matters, I can assure you that. Many lives have been destroyed from false accusations. This is why there is an investigation PENDING. I will wait and pass judgment AFTER a conviction.
So, its the computers fault; just so happens he owns it.
Chesterfield Medic

Richmond, VA

#20 Apr 11, 2010
UMMM Sam where did you get that he signed up to run a marathon cause he only has 1 leg and he's been on crutches sense he was a kid.Maybe you need to do some homework yourself
Reading Comprehension 101

Fredericksburg, VA

#21 Apr 16, 2010
Dear Chesterfield Medic,
They're referring to the former VCU police chief running a marathon, not Jesse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 8 hr barefoot2626 12,316
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 8 hr Fed 4
Why Are Petersburg Students so darn Stupid, wor... (Oct '12) 9 hr Proud 33
T r a m a d o l & X A N A X and much more 22 hr quality 1
Gang stalking and psychological harassment in R... Sun skruyu 1
Report bad work from Kenny Amos here. Sun Buddy Mitchell 6
A Factor Not Considered when Dealing with Ebola... Oct 17 Concerned Citizen 3
Chester Dating
Find my Match

Chester Jobs

Chester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chester News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chester

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]