Bar shooting leaves one dead

Mar 1, 2009 Full story: Mid-Hudson News

An off duty Orange County Sheriff's deputy was involved in fatal shooting early Saturday morning, Sheriff Carl Dubois announced.

Full Story
Jane D

Bronx, NY

#1 Mar 1, 2009
First off - Chester Cops are awful. They are notoriusly aggressive. Instead of doing their jobs they are sticking around the main strip of town pulling people over for busted tail lights and random crap.
There was even one time when my friends and I were harassed by a police officer and got pulled over. The police officer asked for my friends license and gave her a ticket. When he drove away, we realized he hadn't give her license back.
It was an all night production and I bet he felt like a big ass when he found out he had it in his car. It was a total fiasco.
Chester really needs to take a step back and concentrate less on setting up speed traps and diddling around on back roads. They need to spend more time training their police officers so they're not roid monkeys running around.
What I want to know is... why did the OFF DUTY officer have a gun????? I do not think it was appropriate for him to go and shoot off his gun. There are a lot of kids that go to the bowling alley on the weekends etc.. What if this OFF DUTY man with a gun had shot a child by accident?
Instead of shooting off his gun and killing some one, he should have cleared the area or called his buddies who were probably sitting on their ass in the dunkin donuts parking lot -- getting paid for nothing to fart around all night.
Jane D of chester

Clifton, NJ

#2 Mar 2, 2009
You took the words right out of my mouth.
Jane D wrote:
First off - Chester Cops are awful. They are notoriusly aggressive. Instead of doing their jobs they are sticking around the main strip of town pulling people over for busted tail lights and random crap.
There was even one time when my friends and I were harassed by a police officer and got pulled over. The police officer asked for my friends license and gave her a ticket. When he drove away, we realized he hadn't give her license back.
It was an all night production and I bet he felt like a big ass when he found out he had it in his car. It was a total fiasco.
Chester really needs to take a step back and concentrate less on setting up speed traps and diddling around on back roads. They need to spend more time training their police officers so they're not roid monkeys running around.
What I want to know is... why did the OFF DUTY officer have a gun????? I do not think it was appropriate for him to go and shoot off his gun. There are a lot of kids that go to the bowling alley on the weekends etc.. What if this OFF DUTY man with a gun had shot a child by accident?
Instead of shooting off his gun and killing some one, he should have cleared the area or called his buddies who were probably sitting on their ass in the dunkin donuts parking lot -- getting paid for nothing to fart around all night.
Think

Newburgh, NY

#3 Mar 2, 2009
I believe you should be educated before taking such a one sided stand. Fact-After 9/11 a law was passed that any and all officers are required to carry their weapons at all times, on AND off duty. Another fact, the officer that made the decision to protect every innocent person in that bar and bowling alley that night was not one of the "diddling" Chester cops you speak of, another fact, setting up "speed traps" and ticketing for busted tail lights, are both in the "job description" of a police officer. Maybe you should look at it like this, how about that you were the one dodging a vehicle being operated with the intent to kill, by a deranged unwilling man? Or how about it was your husband, boyfriend, son, or friend, someone you may have cared about? I think before fingers are pointed at this officer for being a murderer or irresponsible you should look at all the facts, take in the whole story, and put yourself on both sides. I'm not sure I understand what exactly it is you would like the police officers of Orange County to do, if they are not ticketing speeders or drivers not in compliance with standard laws (doing their job), and not protecting innocent people (doing their job), I'm not sure where the median is? If it was not for that officer and his instinctive actions, more then one person would be dead today, innocent people. I think instead of criticizing this officer maybe someone should look more closly at if nothing else, the morals of the bars owner, employees and remaining patrons who despite the events that took place on Friday evening, claimed they would not let a "minor innocent" ruin the name of their organization, looked past the plywood door on Saturday and had a few drinks to celebrate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was the jew born from the colon of the negruh? Mon josef goebbels 1
Jerk off buddy Jan 25 Quinnmcklaine 1
Dangerous driving in region Updated at Jan 20 concerned citizen 1 1
When artists become con artist. Jan 19 crazyassedworld 14
whispering hills incident (Apr '09) Dec '14 hood4life 7
Town of Chester Police (Jul '14) Dec '14 Maude 7
Gay or Not (Sep '10) Dec '14 Rich 4

Chester News Video

Chester Dating
Find my Match