make it to mothers
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#42 May 24, 2012
andy mazzola wrote:
we played at mothers from 1969 to 1971 tusk was our band our manager was adam macagna
. What were some of the songs you played. Taking a walk down memory lane
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#43 May 24, 2012
Love that band tusk was trying to remember some of the songs they played. When they were at mothers disco. Anyone know some
Gene

Montclair, NJ

#44 Jun 28, 2012
Our band played at the Lake but a place way up the hill that you could see the lights from down on the main road. We were the Peppermints from Orange County and played in 1967-68 and made lots of NJ friends. Anyone venture up there and remember?
John Z

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Sep 2, 2012
My old bands "Absolute Truth" and "Dead Brandy Dog" were house bands for over a year in the early 70's just before NJ dropped their drinking age. If anyone has any pictures of these groups please let me know @[email protected] Thanks
JZ
John Z

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Sep 3, 2012
Does anyone remember the exact year that Mother's in Greenwood Lake burned down???? I'm trying to create a history of my band DBD and we were the house band when it happened. We also opened the new club in Wayne along with the band JEREMY that was made up of former members of "Filet of Soul". Any help or pictures of Mothers Greenwood Lake or Wayne would be greatly appreciated. send to [email protected]
JZ
Rich Lew

Glendale, CA

#47 Sep 17, 2012
1972 mothers fire i have pics [email protected]
mb Hackensack

Bethlehem, PA

#49 Sep 18, 2012
Jim wrote:
Does anyone remember the name of the band that played Mothers whose drummer looked like Frank Zappa? They were a great band but that drummer definitely stole the show! This would have been '70 -'71.
That would have been Centaur - there was a group of us that went to see them every Friday and Saturday night.
mb Hackensack

Bethlehem, PA

#50 Sep 18, 2012
Jim wrote:
Does anyone remember the name of the band that played Mothers whose drummer looked like Frank Zappa? They were a great band but that drummer definitely stole the show! This would have been '70 -'71.
Drummers name was Ralph - band was Centaur
pattie d

Carlstadt, NJ

#51 Oct 16, 2012
Jim wrote:
the band was centaur and the drummers name was ralph rossi great guitar player too joe lubertazzi only know becasue they were from nutley and belleville where i still live use to be there every weekend stayed at a girl named kathy wilton had a boyfirend then nicknamed rip name was jimmy waldron
rich

Tustin, CA

#52 Nov 15, 2012
yesssss I did,a great date!!!
rolinntumlin

Andover, NJ

#53 Nov 16, 2012
how about that old hippie bar up he road "the club car." house band were the raggus and the horney toads. cheap drinks and lots of extra curricular activities.burnt to the ground in 68.
Rich Lew

San Diego, CA

#54 Jan 30, 2013
The mothers fire was may 1974 I took pictures a couple days later.Also took pic of orange room,later name Harleys I believe,now a deli.Anyone with mothers pics or mermentos,i have mothers button,for sale e mail me [email protected]
Rich Lew

San Diego, CA

#55 Jan 30, 2013
This is for Sue from Newark,remember going to the lake with me in 1970?My 63 corvette,my friends ted and toni Joe,Tommy,really would like to meet up with u,i can't believe what a jerk I was to u.Im in SoCal now but visit lake yearly,got to hear from u!
john jaworowski

Lancaster, NH

#56 Feb 28, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, My band played at Mothers as well..We were called "Monzuka".
Does anybody remember this band? I don't recall your band called Tusk....But I am sure you had a great time playing there like I did.
Those were the good old times...The Hamburgers that lady made in the kitchen were the best. We also played at the "Joker" in Tallman NY...Now that is an Italian restaurant.
Anyway, it brings back good memories. Thanks
I remember Monzuka I knew people from Garfield who were in the band. My band Mother Goose played the Joker as well as TG's

Since: Apr 11

So.Pasadena Ca.

#57 Apr 27, 2013
Any time I hear music from the early 70's that was played at the lake from the bands I flash back to when I was at mothers or the orange room,dancing or at the bar,or standing near one of the 2 dance floors asking girls to dance with me.And in the summer smelling the cool mountain night air thats from greenwood lake.My first dance at Long pond inn in 69,the go go girls,night owl,joker,i hope I never forget how I felt back in those days always looking forward to fri.and sat.nights even if it snowed we were there,omg loved those week ends up at the lake,i hope someone feels like me!!
Pete

Monticello, IN

#58 May 20, 2013
We played at Mothers for a few months I think 71- 72...The Youngsters...later, Vintage we were called. Remembering most bands I thought were better than we were...but we a had a few good ones..held our own for a while...free drinks on breaks...good times for young freaks. Amazed to see how many remember and posted here. God Bless.
Pete

Monticello, IN

#59 May 20, 2013
To John Z. When I played with the Soul Set in the late 60's at a battle of the bands in Passaic NJ, we came in 2nd to a group called The Fillet of Soul and won ..a microphone haha. Wonder if it's the same F of S band you mentioned ? Wish I had some tape recordings of the band days just for fun.
mick lione

Seneca, SC

#61 Jun 7, 2013
I don't know if anyone will remember my old band-but you should,we were a house band at Mothers for most of it's run(booked by Charlie Penta)on 18wk intervals.We opened the little room in back because we were a three piece organ guitar and me on drums-every night abandoned by my mates for a 15min solo.Bobby kept wanting us to add bass payer and move into the main room,so finally we did.We went under the name of"Ashley Blue"and later"Lucifer".We were devastated when after such a long run they released us early one time with the explaination of overlapped bookings.Then low and behold the next week the place burned down!We would have been out of business if they hadn't sent us away 2wks.early.I am not suggesting anything-but they did like us a lot and that saved ou band! Unortunatlly by the time the new club opened we were broken up,but we all played there in different bands later on.
Pete

Monticello, IN

#62 Jun 8, 2013
I was on guitar but we went through a couple of new guitarists on and off and so I went to bass for a while now and then...One night the neck of my bass snapped clean off. At that time we were either The Youngsters or Vintage ..forgot which.
Well the bassist from another group loaned me his Gibson to finish the set. Always been grateful for that. Not sure though anymore, thinking his group was Ice House. Anyone have any info or memory of my little story ? Thanks.
Sal A

Newburgh, IN

#63 Aug 6, 2013
Love reading these posts. My band also played the GL circuit 1969 - 1971. We were called Salt Water. Sterling, Long Pond, Mothers, Pussy Cat ... even Aquarius, where we were the house band for awhile. What a wonderful time to be in a band. Only thing I hated was the drive home to Paterson, NJ after each gig, especially on cold, foggy nights. What memories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nightclubs of the 70's (May '12) Aug 22 Isabella 10
News The Jehovah's Witnesses will start moving out o... Aug 18 Analytical7 27
Lexington Hills Condos (Sep '06) Aug 14 Mom 156
Is video taping a neighbor legal or is it consi... (May '07) Aug 11 You need a life 207
whispering hills incident (Apr '09) Jul '15 Hood4life 9
News Town of Chester Police (Jul '14) Dec '14 Maude 6
Gay or Not (Sep '10) Dec '14 Rich 4

Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chester Mortgages