Two dead, two injured in Cresco plane...

Two dead, two injured in Cresco plane crash

There are 22 comments on the Waterloo Courier story from Jul 19, 2006, titled Two dead, two injured in Cresco plane crash. In it, Waterloo Courier reports that:

A plane crashed this morning in a cornfield across the road from the Cresco airport, killing two people and leaving two injured.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waterloo Courier.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Annette

AOL

#1 Jul 20, 2006
The pilot, Bill Eisner was my best friend. I've known him for 20 years.
Bert

Pinola, MS

#2 Jul 20, 2006
The other pilot, jim lewis, was a former co-pilot of my father.. and a good friend of the family. He instructed me when I got my pilots license and was one of the nicest men Ive ever met
Torrie

AOL

#3 Jul 20, 2006
If any one can post on the condition of John Fayard and Robert Paulk I would be very greatful. Trying to get info now is hard and alot of people are worried about them. Thanks.
Mandy

AOL

#4 Jul 20, 2006
Torrie wrote:
If any one can post on the condition of John Fayard and Robert Paulk I would be very greatful. Trying to get info now is hard and alot of people are worried about them. Thanks.
robert paulk is my mom's boss, and he is making it still. he had his spleen removeed, his back and both ankles are broken, and they are not sure of the extent of his other internal injuries. they can not do any further operations right now because his blood pressure is too elevated. i don't know john, but i have heard he is stable also, and required no surgery.
David

Meridian, MS

#5 Jul 20, 2006
I likewise have to agree that Jim was one of the nicest people I have ever met. It has been 20 years since I last saw Bill, but also remember him as a fine fellow. My prayers go out to The families of both of these fine men as well as the survivors.

I still can't fathom how they landed long without a go-around. These guys were too good to end up like that. The only way I could see this happening was if they had flamed out or perhaps had a problem so severe that keeping it on the ground was the best option.

Lisa

Terry, MS

#6 Jul 25, 2006
I am one of the daughters of Bill Eisner and I want to express our deepest sypathy to the family of the other pilot Mr. Lewis. My Dad had been flying for 35 years including flying overseas in single engine prop planes to deliver them for sale.Mr. Lewis from what I understand had been flying since he was 16.Our family knows that my Dad could not have had a better pilot beside him to go thru whatever happened.We are praying for the passengers and wish to thank their families for the beautiful arrangement sent to my Dad's memorial service.Any updates on their conditions are appreciated. Our hearts are broken as our Mr Lewis' family I am sure.We deeply appreciate everyones support and prayers. God Bless and Thank you.
Hilory

United States

#7 Jul 25, 2006
I am a former resident of Creso (I'm now in GA) and just happened to be visiting and saw the plane the day after. Everyone in the Cresco community is saddened by such a tragedy. Our hearts go out to all of the families of those that were are board and we pray that the survivors continue to make a full recovery. May God be with you all.
ALICIA

AOL

#8 Jul 25, 2006
ON BEHALF OF THE FAYARD FAMILY I WANT TO SAY HOW THANKFUL WE ARE FOR ALL THE PRAYERS FOR OUR FAMILY, ROBERT'S AND THE PILOTS. WE ARE SO SAD FOR THE LEWIS AND EISNER FAMILIES. WE HAVE A STRONG FAITH BUT IT IS STILL HARD TO COPE. WE HAVE STARTED A BLOG TO KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED ON JOHNNY AND AS WE GET INFORMATION ON ROBERT WE WILL CERTAINLY ADD THAT TO OUR BLOG. OUR DAD HAS ALSO BEEN SICK SO THERE IS INFORMATION ON HIM ALSO. PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ALL INVOLVED. THE SITE IS WWW.JOHNNYFAYARD.BLOGSPOT.COM
Wade McLaren

Morton, WA

#9 Aug 10, 2006
http://johnnyfayard.blogspot.com is the best place to find out what is happening with Mr. Fayard. He is making miraculous steps to recovery.
Wade McLaren

Morton, WA

#10 Aug 10, 2006
http://johnnyfayard.blogspot.com is the best place to find out about one o fthe passengers, Johhny Fayard.
mickey garner mesquite tx

Santa Fe, NM

#11 Aug 11, 2006
to my friend lil johnny we are praying for you daily. you are a strong boy so we know you will be ok i told my wife that i cant belive that someone we know actually was mentioned on google. have a good day mickey g in big d
from all in mobile

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2006
Wade McLaren wrote:
http://johnnyfayard.blogspot.c om is the best place to find out what is happening with Mr. Fayard. He is making miraculous steps to recovery.
e all are praying for you johnny jr and sr to get well and make a full recovery get well soon
from all in mobile

United States

#13 Aug 12, 2006
we are praying for you all every day to make a full recovery and get well soon and be back home with us all
Lisa

Terry, MS

#14 Aug 12, 2006
It's great to see that Mr.Fayard is making a great recovery but how is Mr. Paulk?
A Cresco Resident

United States

#15 Aug 17, 2006
I am currently a resident of Cresco Iowa and would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the families of those whose lives were lost and also of those whose loved ones were injured. Here in Cresco, we are a very small tight knit community and we were all deeply affected by this tragedy. Like many others have said, we don't understand how this tragedy occurred. Also, a big thanks to the poster above for the link to Johnny Fayards condition. Everyday when I drive out of town, I see that plane sitting in the corn field and can't help but think about everything. It is comforting to know that the survivors are recovering.

God bless all involved in this tragedy and our hearts and thoughts go out to the families and communities affected by this horrific tragedy.
Lisa

Jackson, MS

#16 Aug 17, 2006
A Cresco Resident wrote:
Everyday when I drive out of town, I see that plane sitting in the corn field and can't help but think about everything. It is comforting to know that the survivors are recovering.
God bless all involved in this tragedy and our hearts and thoughts go out to the families and communities affected by this horrific tragedy.
The Plane is still there?!? We are still trying to recover my Dad's personal belongings but they claim the NTSB has not released the plane yet..Is it still in the field or are you talking figuratively? Thank everyone again for their prayers..we are trying to heal..but we miss our Dad...
A Cresco Resident

United States

#17 Aug 18, 2006
Yes, as of yesterday afternoon, the plane was still in the field, but it is now covered by a tarp.
Tom Barnes

Pella, IA

#18 Aug 23, 2006
No the plane is not in the field. It was loaded on a semi and taken to location by NTSB.

The plastic in the field is covering soil that was dug up around the site. The soil is saturated with jet fuel and will be taken out after harvest..

I arrived at the crash site right after the crash. First, it was a very pleasant surprise to find two men who survived (no disrespect meant). We all did the best we could to get these two out of the plane and to the hospital in some very adverse conditions. I am happy to hear both passengers are coming along. Our community is still praying for the complete recovery of these two men, and also for the families of the pilots.

Keep the faith... God works in mysterious ways.. he has provided for us in the past, and will continue in the future.
Lisa

United States

#19 Aug 25, 2006
Thank you Mr. Barnes..you are right..God does work in mysterious ways. And you have to keep your faith. Thanks to all that helped rescue the survivors and to everyone I have spoken with in the Cresco area. I understand there have been a lot of tradegies in the area this year and our prayers are with those families and the community to help recover. God Bless you all!.....Bill Eisner's daughter
Matt

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Sep 3, 2006
I am one of Jim Lewis' nephews and I want to say thank you to everyone for the wishes and the prayers. I just came across this site from my girlfriend because she is a pilot as well. Lisa you could not be more correct, that was two of the best pilots in that plane and I just know that something horribly wrong happened up there. There is no way that it was a mistake on their behalf. Jim had been flying solo since he was 15 and was the best pilot I knew and from what I hear Mr. Eisner was an excellent and experienced pilot as well. It was a great tragedy and they will both be missed dearly. I hope that your family is doing well and I want you to know that your family has been in my family's prayers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nathan Hayes and Deanna Hughes Jul 20 Gross 1
What do y'all know about megansue and Nathan Ha... Apr '16 Hailey 1
News A North Iowa Student Finds a Confederate Flag P... (Jun '08) Oct '14 Elise Gingerich 2
News Close Call for Deputy (Aug '08) Oct '14 Elise Gingerich 5
George Zimmerman back on trial (Sep '13) Sep '13 Lasonya Torma 1
News Two Washington County candidates found not guil... (Oct '12) Jul '13 Veiwer 2
Election Who do you support for State House in Iowa (Dis... (Oct '10) Jul '11 Klimesh 2

Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chester Mortgages