Scenic tours in Atlanta not as robust...

Scenic tours in Atlanta not as robust as other cities'

There are 54 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Aug 20, 2010, titled Scenic tours in Atlanta not as robust as other cities'. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

Puttering around the streets of Midtown and downtown Atlanta in a stretch golf cart, Stephen Chester is selling Atlanta to half a dozen visitors at a time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Atlanta fails again

Powder Springs, GA

#1 Aug 20, 2010
Georgia has been cashing in on tourism by planning for the Civil War sesquicentennial with their battlefield tours and CW history trails.
Meanwhile, Atlanta has ignored the potential tourist draw of Civil War historical sites due to their racism and their mindless battle against the Confederate flag.
Atlanta's first racist mayor was Maynard Jackson who attempted to have The Cyclorama bulldozed into oblivion in a failed attempt to wipe out Civil War history in the process. Public backlash finally compelled the complete restoration of Cyclorama and admonished racist Jackson in the process. Atlanta had four racist mayors in a row and they all neglected to recognize Confederate history at every opportunity.
The Margaret Mitchell Museum was torched by racists on two occasions to prevent its completion for the 1996 Olympics.
Shirley Franklin closed the Confederate Cemetery in Atlanta the very morning of a planned cleanup and repair event by Confederate historians. Atlanta has failed to remain the world class city it used to be. Failing to cash in on Atlanta's proud history is just one of their failures.
adfa

Clermont, FL

#2 Aug 20, 2010
adfd
missy

Lithia Springs, GA

#3 Aug 21, 2010
Atlanta fails again wrote:
Georgia has been cashing in on tourism by planning for the Civil War sesquicentennial with their battlefield tours and CW history trails.
Meanwhile, Atlanta has ignored the potential tourist draw of Civil War historical sites due to their racism and their mindless battle against the Confederate flag.
Atlanta's first racist mayor was Maynard Jackson who attempted to have The Cyclorama bulldozed into oblivion in a failed attempt to wipe out Civil War history in the process. Public backlash finally compelled the complete restoration of Cyclorama and admonished racist Jackson in the process. Atlanta had four racist mayors in a row and they all neglected to recognize Confederate history at every opportunity.
The Margaret Mitchell Museum was torched by racists on two occasions to prevent its completion for the 1996 Olympics.
Shirley Franklin closed the Confederate Cemetery in Atlanta the very morning of a planned cleanup and repair event by Confederate historians. Atlanta has failed to remain the world class city it used to be. Failing to cash in on Atlanta's proud history is just one of their failures.
Ya got all that right!
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Aug 21, 2010
adfd

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 21, 2010
For years the first thing tourist would ask was where Tara was, then they started asking where an all white safe place to party was, now they ask how to get the hell out here. The black mayors and their cronies have tried to erase Atlanta's history, and in doing so have ruined the tourist trade supplementing it with gangstas. The convention trade is running away and along with it are the millions of dollars generated by it. Welcome to Atlanta, the black meca.
LittleGirlLost

Atlanta, GA

#6 Aug 21, 2010
Atlanta fails again wrote:
It's not just 'racism', it's also HOMOPHOBIA! On 5 March 09 , a group of middle age white guys representing themselfs as 'Buckhead Baseball' BLOCKED A CROSSDRESSED GUY FROM WALKING ON THE PUBLIC SIDEWALK! And it was a CITY OF ATLANTA PUBLIC PARK! WTF??? WTF do these morons think they are??? THEY DONT OWN THE PUBLIC PARK! They "lease" the playing fields, BUT NOT THE ENTIRE PARK. WHY DOES THE CITY OF ATLANTA (which claims to be a international, diverse city) ALLOW BUCKHEAD BASEBALL TO KICK OUT GAYS??? And why is Coca-Cola Enterprises even a MAJOR SPONSOR of this all white hate group??? Coke spounts diversity, BUT THEY DON'T PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH. I NO LONGER DRINK COKE.
missy

Decatur, GA

#7 Aug 21, 2010
LittleGirlLost wrote:
<quoted text> It's not just 'racism', it's also HOMOPHOBIA! On 5 March 09 , a group of middle age white guys representing themselfs as 'Buckhead Baseball' BLOCKED A CROSSDRESSED&#65279; GUY FROM WALKING ON THE PUBLIC SIDEWALK! And it was a CITY OF ATLANTA PUBLIC PARK! WTF??? WTF do these morons think they are??? THEY DONT OWN THE PUBLIC PARK! They "lease" the playing fields, BUT NOT THE ENTIRE PARK. WHY DOES THE CITY OF ATLANTA (which claims to be a international, diverse city) ALLOW BUCKHEAD BASEBALL TO KICK OUT GAYS??? And why is Coca-Cola Enterprises even a MAJOR SPONSOR of this all white hate group??? Coke spounts diversity, BUT THEY DON'T PRACTICE WHAT THEY PREACH. I NO LONGER DRINK COKE.
Sorry you feel that way but,normal people don't want their kids exposed to such freaks(and I'm being nice by saying"freak")!
missy

Decatur, GA

#8 Aug 21, 2010
lighteredknot wrote:
For years the first thing tourist would ask was where Tara was, then they started asking where an all white safe place to party was, now they ask how to get the hell out here. The black mayors and their cronies have tried to erase Atlanta's history, and in doing so have ruined the tourist trade supplementing it with gangstas. The convention trade is running away and along with it are the millions of dollars generated by it. Welcome to Atlanta, the black meca.
LOL!!!!!!!
A good example of all that is'Confederate Avenue'!
InferiorMissy

Atlanta, GA

#9 Aug 21, 2010
you'r quite right missy. Normal is for LOSERS. That's why queers are at the PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION & don't need to breed. JEALOUS??? I BET U ARE! Why walk (normal) when queers can SOAR LIKE EAGLES??
missy

Decatur, GA

#10 Aug 21, 2010
InferiorMissy wrote:
you'r quite right missy. Normal is for LOSERS. That's why queers are at the PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION & don't need to breed. JEALOUS??? I BET U ARE! Why walk (normal) when queers can SOAR LIKE EAGLES??
Thanks,that might just be a new expression for your type......"SOARING LIKE EAGLES"...I kinda like it!!!

Location hidden

#11 Aug 21, 2010
InferiorMissy wrote:
Those suckers have always acted "flighty".
missy

Decatur, GA

#12 Aug 21, 2010
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
Those suckers have always acted "flighty".
I know and I really am gonna start saying that..no kidding!
adsfa

Clermont, FL

#13 Aug 21, 2010
adfa

Since: Aug 10

Savannah, GA

#14 Aug 21, 2010
missy wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!!!!!!!
A good example of all that is'Confederate Avenue'!
Isn't Atlanta the capitol of rap music??
It is a shame in what you mentioned about the history, but you need only drive up to Kennessaw or the Chickamauga battlefield/ Lookout mountain area or down to Columbus's Naval museum or to Savannah to find the history you are looking for.
As it was stated in the back in the Civil war "Atlanta is Lost"
missy

Decatur, GA

#15 Aug 21, 2010
Nathanael Greene wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Atlanta the capitol of rap music??
It is a shame in what you mentioned about the history, but you need only drive up to Kennessaw or the Chickamauga battlefield/ Lookout mountain area or down to Columbus's Naval museum or to Savannah to find the history you are looking for.
As it was stated in the back in the Civil war "Atlanta is Lost"
Until somebody does away with them...kinda like they did our flag!

Location hidden

#16 Aug 22, 2010
The best record of Atlanta's history can be found at Atlanta History Center. I am surprised no one has mentioned it.
As I see em

Campbellsville, KY

#17 Aug 22, 2010
Atlanta is way too overrun with 'african americans' for anyone to even suggest promoting anything related to the civil war.

There's no tourism here because there's nothing else exciting to see. Unless you like rap ghettos.

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#18 Aug 22, 2010
As I see em wrote:
Atlanta is way too overrun with 'african americans' for anyone to even suggest promoting anything related to the civil war.
There's no tourism here because there's nothing else exciting to see. Unless you like rap ghettos.
Was there a tourism market in Atlanta before Atlanta was "overrun" with African Americans?

The answer is no.

So whats your next excuse for using pulling out the race card? There are civil war sites all over the South East, and none of the sites are robust enough to bring in tourism from outside the region they're located in.

How many cities have you vacationed in for the main purpose of visiting it's Civil War sites?

What makes you racists types think Civil War sites can drive tourism for a city the size of Atlanta?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#19 Aug 22, 2010
lighteredknot wrote:
No one gives a dam about "Tara". Most people outside of the Atlanta could even tell you what "Tara" is.

An anyone asking you for an "all white" place to party is fearful fool.

The King Center draws more tourist than "Tara" ever has, or will.

Next time someone asks you for an all-white place to party, tell them Poland isn't that far away. See how they like it...it's "all white".

Location hidden

#20 Aug 22, 2010
OneRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
No one gives a dam about "Tara". Most people outside of the Atlanta could even tell you what "Tara" is.
An anyone asking you for an "all white" place to party is fearful fool.
The King Center draws more tourist than "Tara" ever has, or will.
Next time someone asks you for an all-white place to party, tell them Poland isn't that far away. See how they like it...it's "all white".
If you will reread my original post very slowly, you will comprehend I said people don't even ask about Atlanta's history anymore only how to get out (before being shot, or mugged). If MLK center is such a well attended place why is it always so broke and begging for funds? Underground Atlanta was a booming place before the gangstas arrived, it became so bad after they arrived a fence had to be put up, but even that couldn't save it. It is nothing but a place for criminals and thugs now thanks to Atlanta becoming the black mecca. The tourist trade was once the main money influx in Atlanta in the form of conventions, where have you been?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kayla Massey 23 hr Tapped it 4
Oconee DA Tim Vaughn Sep 20 Native Child 5
News NAACP ups effort to rid a Ga. courthouse of Con... (Jun '11) Sep 8 buckwheat 15
Atv street riding Sep 6 Brokenreader 1
Masonic Lodge Sep 5 yankees7 4
Dodge County Elected Officials Sep 4 Native Child 6
Prison Sep 2 j mathis 4

Chester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chester Mortgages