|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me try again.
As I've said multiple times - I don't like it.
You don't like it but what is it that you don't like about the now part? This is a very serious scandal brewing that has affected every person in this country and all you can say is you don't like it?

Democrats and people of all parties are condemning Obama over this. How do you feel about having someone monitor everything you and you family consider private? This is above and beyond what Bush used it for. I just can't imagine why anyone would feel comfortable or accept someone keeping files on them.

It wasn't right then and it sure isn't right now, so what's your opinion on the now?

You're not able to defend Obama's actions on this one are you? I understand Danny.
bobby6464

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

SURPRISE SURPRISE

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Dave Rogers wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't like it but what is it that you don't like about the now part? This is a very serious scandal brewing that has affected every person in this country and all you can say is you don't like it?
Democrats and people of all parties are condemning Obama over this. How do you feel about having someone monitor everything you and you family consider private? This is above and beyond what Bush used it for. I just can't imagine why anyone would feel comfortable or accept someone keeping files on them.
It wasn't right then and it sure isn't right now, so what's your opinion on the now?
You're not able to defend Obama's actions on this one are you? I understand Danny.
I'm not sure what you're fishing for.

I was opposed to the Patriot Act when it was passed. I was opposed to Bush's warrentless wiretaps. I was opposed when the Congress made those wiretaps legal. I've been opposed to Obama continuing those same Bush policies. I'm opposed to trading too much privacy for security.

But the bottom line is that Obama didn't do anything illegal and the Congress has been fully briefed and approved what's happening. If you want to be outraged - be outraged at the people who passed the law that allows the President to do this. If this puts pressure on Congress to change the law - good! I hope it does.

But your criticism and all the criticism from the right on this issue is pure hypocrisy. This is the program you wanted. This is the level of security your party demanded. To act like Obama is doing something unprecedented is more than hypocritical - it's pure mendacious partisan posturing.
LEFTNUTS

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Obama not only extended the Patriot Act, he added to it !
phone home

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Bush made wire taps an executive order,Obama didnt

So if you're going to blame Obama blame Bush also.

The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy (AKA "Warrantless Wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of foreign intelligence by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the war on terror. Under this program, referred to by the Bush administration as the "terrorist surveillance program",[1] part of the broader President's Surveillance Program, the NSA was authorized by executive order to monitor, without search warrants, the phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S. Critics, however, claimed that it was in an effort to attempt to silence critics of the Bush Administration and their handling of several hot button issues during its tenure. Under public pressure, the Bush administration ceased the warrantless wiretapping program in January 2007 and returned review of surveillance to the FISA court.[2] Subsequently, in 2008 Congress passed the FISA Amendments Act of 2008, which relaxed some of the original FISA court requirements.

During the Obama Administration, the NSA has officially continued operating under the new FISA guidelines.[3] However, in April 2009 officials at the United States Department of Justice acknowledged that the NSA had engaged in "overcollection" of domestic communications in excess of the FISA court's authority, but claimed that the acts were unintentional and had since been rectified.
LEFTNUTS

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

All the dems can do today is holla GW! GW! GW!

GW started it !!

Like little 5 yr. olds in a pushing war.

Both parties want the Patriot Act or we wouldn't have it today.

It's really sad to watch the true believers drinking down the kool aid. Must be some good mind altering smack.
LEFTNUTS

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

I mean, just look at the self portrait avatar of this guy.
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you're fishing for.
I was opposed to the Patriot Act when it was passed. I was opposed to Bush's warrentless wiretaps. I was opposed when the Congress made those wiretaps legal. I've been opposed to Obama continuing those same Bush policies. I'm opposed to trading too much privacy for security.
But the bottom line is that Obama didn't do anything illegal and the Congress has been fully briefed and approved what's happening. If you want to be outraged - be outraged at the people who passed the law that allows the President to do this. If this puts pressure on Congress to change the law - good! I hope it does.
But your criticism and all the criticism from the right on this issue is pure hypocrisy. This is the program you wanted. This is the level of security your party demanded. To act like Obama is doing something unprecedented is more than hypocritical - it's pure mendacious partisan posturing.
phonegate

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

George W. Bush as the New Richard M. Nixon: Both Wiretapped Illegally, and Impeachably

Both Claimed That a President May Violate Congress' Laws to Protect National Security

On Friday, December 16,2005 , the New York Times published a major scoop by James Risen and Eric Lichtblau: They reported that Bush authorized the National Security Agency (NSA) to spy on Americans without warrants, ignoring the procedures of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

It was a long story loaded with astonishing information of lawbreaking at the White House. It reported that sometime in 2002, Bush issued an executive order authorizing NSA to track and intercept international telephone and/or email exchanges coming into, or out of, the U.S.- when one party was believed to have direct or indirect ties with al Qaeda.

Initially, Bush and the White House stonewalled, neither confirming nor denying the president had ignored the law. Bush refused to discuss it in his interview with Jim Lehrer.

Then, on Saturday, December 17, in his radio broadcast, Bush admitted that the New York Times was correct - and thus conceded he had committed an impeachable offense.

There can be no serious question that warrantless wiretapping, in violation of the law, is impeachable. After all, Nixon was charged in Article II of his bill of impeachment with illegal wiretapping for what he, too, claimed were national security reasons.

These parallel violations underscore the continuing, disturbing parallels between this Administration and the Nixon Administration - parallels I also discussed in a prior column.

Indeed, here, Bush may have outdone Nixon: Nixon's illegal surveillance was limited; Bush's, it is developing, may be extraordinarily broad in scope. First reports indicated that NSA was only monitoring foreign calls, originating either in the USA or abroad, and that no more than 500 calls were being covered at any given time. But later reports have suggested that NSA is "data mining" literally millions of calls - and has been given access by the telecommunications companies to "switching" stations through which foreign communications traffic flows.
truth

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

LEFTNUTS wrote:
Obama not only extended the Patriot Act, he added to it !
Congress approved extension of USA Patriot Act provisions in May of 2011

In the House, 196 Republicans and 54 Democrats voted yes, and 31 Republicans and 122 Democrats voted no. Twenty-nine members did not vote.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-05-26...
Independent

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Let's see-

First the unethical invasions of sovereign countries

Second the deregulation of derivatives and the ensuing financial debacle

Then the unethical and morally wrong patriot act- even against the Constitution of the united States

Then the same crooks who brought down the economy are bailed out by politicians to the tune of trillions

Then we start bombing libya supposedly to save lives although we have killed and maimed hundreds of

thousands since 9/11 and our libya bombing kills adds even more to the total

Then derivative regulation is tabled in committee by the repubs for another 18 months

Then the extension of the patriot act even though all know it is against the Constitution

And still congress and the senate have not reduced government and gov employee pay, benefits and

pensions

i.e nothing has changed..........the stealing from the American people goes on and on and these endless unethical invasions of countries gets worse while tens of millions are still out of work and there is no change in sight and as well soon tens of millions will have lost their homes and more tens of millions are underemployed......

If you blame one party over another you have your heead up your ass. Both are to blame.....just admit it and move on.....
LEFTNUTS

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

Judged:

Obama not only extended but added to the Patriot Act.

Just because the Dems opted to vote no on a bill guaranteed to pass for political reasons, does not mean they didn't want it passed.

Again...Obama is the leader of our nation and also to the Democrats who elected him.

I don't care about the tally, Obama signed it !
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Congress approved extension of USA Patriot Act provisions in May of 2011
In the House, 196 Republicans and 54 Democrats voted yes, and 31 Republicans and 122 Democrats voted no. Twenty-nine members did not vote.
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2011-05-26...
Nina from the block

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Who cares if someone reads your emails! You know you can get free and legal, oxycotin if you go to the ER and scream that your back hurts! If you scream long enough, they will give you a supply! They are supposed to keep track of how many times you go to the ER, but they don't! Whats so bad about this stuff? Everybody does it,and when we want more, the break ins aren't violent, we just want your cash, we don't want to hurt anyone!
Tamaquain

Tamaqua, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Computer Access Not Restricted, Lerner Continues to Log In to IRS System
Lois Lerner, the Internal Revenue Service’s director of Exempt Organizations currently on paid leave, has not had any of her computer access restricted since she abdicated her responsibilities, according to an IRS source with knowledge of the situation.
Lerner was placed on administrative leave on May 21 after refusing to tender her resignation, and logged into the IRS’s computer system using her agency computer as recently as June 4, the source tells me. She has the ability to access the same information that was available to her before she was placed on leave.
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/350700/c...
What a Joke -quote a non bought and sold rag once in a while. Quit crying -the people have spoken Obama is pres.-get over it. I`m a conserv and a lib depending on what we are talking about and just plain bored with this shit. Clearly the mexicans should remain illegal and be deported and you should be punished for hiring them. As well national healthcare is the way it should be in fact insurance as a whole should be wiped out as a business. As for guns we deserve the right to bare them as well as I have no intention of registering mine till you pry my cold dead fingers from it. So many things on bothsides are just BS to keep you arguing while they get what they want. We`ve been sold out and all we can do is argue like fathers at a little league game. ARE you so old that this is your only life to type hateful garbage about politics -do women walk away from you alot when your out cause you can`t stop talking politics? Get a freaking life and go do something!
PS -AS I MENTIONED BEFORE ANYONE BUT CORBETT THIS TIME PLS! Now delete this 6 yr old thread..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Barack Dikembe Mutombo

Luxembourg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Like many other political scandals,

Watergate grew to encompass far more than just the break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters.

·

Obama's first term represented his white half,

adding that America will see a blacker,

cooler president named

“Barack Dikembe Mutombo Tupac Mandela Hussein Obama X”……” Milhous Nixon”

in the next four years

I'm not a crook!!!!

I, I, I, I, I'm, I'm a warrior for the middle class.

I'm happy to fight for the middle class,"
Lou Schwartz

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

http://americablog.com/2013/06/conservative-r...

The GOP has done everything they could to make this political and against the Obama administration. They have lied about the facts and now we will find out what was said if Issa produces the full transcripts. Cummings will do so if Issa does not in the next few days.
truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Nepotism probe hits Energy Department
At least a dozen children or other relatives of Energy Department officials have received summer jobs with the department in apparent violation of federal nepotism rules, an agency watchdog said yesterday.
Inspector General Gregory Friedman said in a report that one senior Energy Department official was actively involved in securing summer jobs for his three college-age children, including two who ended up getting jobs in the division where the official works....
“Nepotism or even its appearance can have a decidedly negative impact on morale within an organization,” Friedman wrote in a 19-page report.
Providing inappropriate advantages to relatives of federal employees “damages the integrity of the competitive process and erodes public trust in the federal hiring process,” Friedman added.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/natio...
Obama's behind it.
truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

The BHO Legacy wrote:
Nepotism probe hits Energy Department
At least a dozen children or other relatives of Energy Department officials have received summer jobs with the department in apparent violation of federal nepotism rules, an agency watchdog said yesterday.
Inspector General Gregory Friedman said in a report that one senior Energy Department official was actively involved in securing summer jobs for his three college-age children, including two who ended up getting jobs in the division where the official works....
“Nepotism or even its appearance can have a decidedly negative impact on morale within an organization,” Friedman wrote in a 19-page report.
Providing inappropriate advantages to relatives of federal employees “damages the integrity of the competitive process and erodes public trust in the federal hiring process,” Friedman added.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/natio...
Gregory H. Friedman was nominated by the President and confirmed by the U.S. Senate as Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Energy in 1998. Mr. Friedman started his Federal career in 1968 and has been with the Department of Energy, Office of Inspector General, since 1982. As Inspector General, he is responsible for a nationwide, independent program of audits, inspections, and law enforcement efforts related to the Department of Energy’s programs and operations. In addition to his responsibilities as Inspector General, Mr. Friedman now serves as a member of the Recovery Act Accountability and Transparency Board and the Government Accountability and Transparency Board.

Clinton appointee Friedman uncovered the scandal, LMFAO!
tea bagger gagger

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

CBS Hounds Rand Paul on NSA Spying Scandal:'Why Only Now Raise These Concerns?'

Rand Paul back pedals ,,,ummmmmmmmm,,,,,,,ahhhhhhhhh hhhh....,uhhhhhhhhhhhh,,duhhhh hh.........LMFAO!

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/20...
Texas teabagger

Homestead, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

Rand paul is a rasict just like his old man Ron Paul....Both redneck nut jobs! LOL!
Derek Ditwiler york pa

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2013

Judged:

I'm a miserable human being no matter who is in office! My kids are rotten, and don't listen to me, my wife hates me because I'm poor and I drink all of the time. The only enjoyment I get out of life is by harassing old ladies!

So, whoever gets in office, won't make my situation any better, lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chest Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chest Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••