Cheshire Slaying Trial Now Turns On T...

Cheshire Slaying Trial Now Turns On Treatment Of Steven Hayes In Prison

There are 6 comments on the The Hartford Courant story from Feb 24, 2010, titled Cheshire Slaying Trial Now Turns On Treatment Of Steven Hayes In Prison. In it, The Hartford Courant reports that:

It has taken years to gather evidence against Steven Hayes and weeks, so far, to interview potential jurors in his murder case.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Hartford Courant.

Since: Feb 10

Cheshire, CT

#1 Feb 24, 2010
Will the jury be told about the inhumane treatment & condition's suffered at the state owned MacDougall Walker Correctional Institution in Suffield during trial?

Will a lawsuit hold up this death trial?

Should CT immates be treated less humanely than accused terrorists at Gitmo?

It this sort of treatment within the policies of CT owned prisons?
Green Eyes

Boston, MA

#2 Feb 24, 2010
I heard about this as I was driving to work this morning and I can't believe it. The murderer is not being treated well enough? What? Man up buddy, after what he did to three women...one of them a child....sorry I can't even find the right words.......

Cheshire, CT

#3 Feb 25, 2010
Did the prison do this intentionally to Hayes because they hate him? Is it legal for them to mistreat prisoners with sleep deprivation and not give him his needed medicine? If Hayes had tried to kill himself or if this treatment took place after he was sentenced would anyone care? So, right now the Judge doesn't want any cause for mistrial, hung jury or grounds for an appeal. The doctor seems to believe it's a delay tactic and not worth considering due to what Hayes did to his family. But, if the state accepted the plea of guilty, hayes won't have to be present for jury selection or a trial and neither would anyone else.
Sorghum Remembers

Southbury, CT

#4 Feb 25, 2010
CheshireCatII wrote:
Did the prison do this intentionally to Hayes because they hate him? Is it legal for them to mistreat prisoners with sleep deprivation and not give him his needed medicine? If Hayes had tried to kill himself or if this treatment took place after he was sentenced would anyone care? So, right now the Judge doesn't want any cause for mistrial, hung jury or grounds for an appeal. The doctor seems to believe it's a delay tactic and not worth considering due to what Hayes did to his family. But, if the state accepted the plea of guilty, hayes won't have to be present for jury selection or a trial and neither would anyone else.
Give it up, the state didn't accept the plea for good reason. These animals committed one of the most horrendous crimes this state has ever seen.
77% of the state want these 2 put to death.
I can't blame Dr. Petit for not caring about how comfortable these animals are in their cages. They don't even deserve that.
ice teana

Cheshire, CT

#5 Mar 1, 2010
please don't insult animals by connecting them with hayes and komisarjevsky

Cheshire, CT

#6 Mar 2, 2010
Doesn't punishment start after a prisoner is sentenced and not while being hold for or during trial?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cheshire Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Open carry" bill shot down Wed payme 50
News Sessions Woods In Burlington Has It All For Nat... (Oct '08) Apr 24 Jaalynn 7
News Ganim's budget will not hike taxes Apr 8 America Gentleman... 3
News Town Suing DOC Over Treatment Plant Use (Aug '12) Apr 8 War Monger 2
News Feds: Man used 31 credit cards in $165,000 scheme Apr 6 yidfellas 1
Walking on track at Choate Apr 5 icedglass 1
News Kathleen Pyles Calls African-American Student B... (Jun '12) Mar '17 Mike the mechanic 14

Cheshire Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cheshire Mortgages