lloyd

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Why was this boy allowed back in school? I must admit that the school and BOE did a good job of keeping this hidden from the general public.
mama

Alum Creek, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Yes they did and I for one am very upset over the entire situation. I have two chidren there and if there is any threat whatsoever I, as their mother have the right to know. If something would have happened, they would have all run around and said "we had no warning" which we ALL know that is a load of crap. Now Senior awards ceremony and Senior walk is lost to my daughter forever and she has been a perfect student her entire life, she deserved it but instead, I had to make the decision to do what I felt I had to do as a mother to keep my child out of harms way and I dont regret keeping her home, I feel this was a credible threat and it should have been treated accordingly.
pissed

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

yea, i hate rhs, they never have their shit together. And that boy needs to be commited and out of the school! Im glad my child is out of their. East bank and rhs sucks! We dont need a tragedy like sandy hook, folks round here struggle enough without having to be afraid to send their child to school. The boy has real issues and their gona let him stay in school? What a load of shit!
curious

Mount Nebo, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

He never came back to school. Just a rumor
lawlz

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Who was it?
mama

Chapmanville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

well his name doesnt need to be put on here, he is a minor and I dont know if it was a rumor or not and I really dont care at this point. What I am concerned about is the fact that the school did not even call and explain to me what was going on. My children knew only enough to be very upset and aftaid at the thought of something happening like that.
So rumor or not, I still dont know because no one at the school or school board will even acknowledge what was being said. So maybe someone started the rumor but a lot of kids heard it that didnt know it was a rumor and I know of at least two students that didnt sleep at all Wednesday nite because they were concerned over what might happen the following day and even though they knew they wouldnt be there they have friends and staff there that they love and they were afraid for them.
1 post removed
smh

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Judged:

you guys he was severely autistic and didnt really understand what he was saying. he's harmless. have some sympathy
lloyd

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

smh wrote:
you guys he was severely autistic and didnt really understand what he was saying. he's harmless. have some sympathy
bullshit......the extremely smart kids or the ones who are bullied and the ones who may have a mental disability have been found to be the ones who do the shooting. If he is severely autistic how did he get his drivers license? I saw him at the DMV getting them in the room and a card being issued. he has been in regular classes since kindergarten. I don't trust him!
fruit loops

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>bullshit......the extremely smart kids or the ones who are bullied and the ones who may have a mental disability have been found to be the ones who do the shooting. If he is severely autistic how did he get his drivers license? I saw him at the DMV getting them in the room and a card being issued. he has been in regular classes since kindergarten. I don't trust him!
you just made a major stereotype that's not always true. "the extremely smart kids or the ones who are bullied and the ones who may have a mental disability have been found to be the ones who do the shooting" thats not the case always. and obviously you're not talking about the same kid who made the threat. him and his brother are both ill.
lloyd

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

fruit loops wrote:
<quoted text>
you just made a major stereotype that's not always true. "the extremely smart kids or the ones who are bullied and the ones who may have a mental disability have been found to be the ones who do the shooting" thats not the case always. and obviously you're not talking about the same kid who made the threat. him and his brother are both ill.
No I know what he has and so did the same kid who shot up Sandy Hook Elementary. He had the same thing.
fruit loops

Belle, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

lloyd wrote:
<quoted text>
No I know what he has and so did the same kid who shot up Sandy Hook Elementary. He had the same thing.
yes, he is autistic. i was told that by many people at riverside. he brought a gun last year to school but he DIDN'T shoot anyone up. the poor kid is ill not a cold blooded killer. and nothing has popped off yet so obviously he didn't go through with it
Friend

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

fruit loops wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, he is autistic. i was told that by many people at riverside. he brought a gun last year to school but he DIDN'T shoot anyone up. the poor kid is ill not a cold blooded killer. and nothing has popped off yet so obviously he didn't go through with it
If he brought a gun to school last year why is he still there?
appalled

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Well, let's see here...

1. Autism occurs in varying degrees of severity...he obviously is what is considered "high functioning", otherwise he would not have been in regular classes in a regular school.

2. If he is high functioning enough to be in regular classes, he is high functioning enough to understand that you don't take guns to school.

3. Just being bullied or picked on in school does not a killer make. There is more to it than that. The problem is with the way all young people are taught to solve their problems. Put blame where it belongs. I know some good parents out there and there are know guarantees how our kid will turn out, but turn off the video games and make them go outside and play...and see the difference.

4. I am appalled that the other parents were not informed. You absolutely have every right to know. Did anyone file a formal complaint with the school and the board of education.

5. Speaking kids being afraid...I was in grade school with we had a county wide text book protest. Our school was picketed and we had bomb threats. Our custodian was beaten up. We were all frightened and our parents kept us home many a day. Luckily our parents all kept in close communication with each other. I tell you, it is up to the parents to keep each other informed. The school board is only out to cover there own rear.
appalled

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2013

Sorry for some of my spelling. I was typing fast. Also, I didn't mean to say all kids. I meant to say that nowadays that is how many kids are being taught to solve there problems. They decide they want someone else's shoes and they pull out a gun, shoot them and take them off them.

Another question...where did he get the gun? If he is that severely autistic, why was a gun where he could get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chesapeake Discussions

Search the Chesapeake Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 47 min Killer 51,983
Can Marmet Pull Out Of It? 2 hr Filthy 14
rat 2 hr Curtis Himself 8
Natasha N Giles-Stone and Hayess Shamblin (May '13) 6 hr Holy moly 109
Cedar Grove police chief pleads guilty to assau... 8 hr OMG 12
roop (May '13) 9 hr theReporter 7
hows cathy keith doing 13 hr help her 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chesapeake Jobs

•••