First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Just Curious

Charleston, WV

#1 Sep 24, 2012
What is with the CG ambulance (or fire trucks) screaming through town EVERYDAY, at least once a day? I see (and hear) the ambulance speed by, either going up Kelly's Creek, Horsemill, etc. It is literally EVERY DAY. I guess with all of the drugs that have infested CG, the CG firefighters have job security (or volunteer job security) due to accidental overdoses, domestic altercations, etc. Just curious about it and wondered if anyone else in CG has noticed this.
uhm

Lubbock, TX

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Just Curious wrote:
What is with the CG ambulance (or fire trucks) screaming through town EVERYDAY, at least once a day? I see (and hear) the ambulance speed by, either going up Kelly's Creek, Horsemill, etc. It is literally EVERY DAY. I guess with all of the drugs that have infested CG, the CG firefighters have job security (or volunteer job security) due to accidental overdoses, domestic altercations, etc. Just curious about it and wondered if anyone else in CG has noticed this.
That's their job! Damn. Poor baby.

CG respond to a pretty wide area, and the population of that area is not only filled with drug heads, but also elderly & ill.

If you don't like it, move further out in to the boonies.
itmeagain

Charleston, WV

#3 Sep 24, 2012
yea thats what a fire - ambulance service does!!
Just Curious

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 24, 2012
uhm wrote:
<quoted text>
That's their job! Damn. Poor baby.
CG respond to a pretty wide area, and the population of that area is not only filled with drug heads, but also elderly & ill.
If you don't like it, move further out in to the boonies.
I don't live in CG and don't live in the boonies. My significant other lives in CG and I am there almost everyday after work. I never once said I didn't like CG, as you stated above. Do you not read very well? I was expressing concern. I never once said anything rude or smart aleck. I was just wondering about the sirens on a daily basis. I live in a small town that has some drugs and a lot of elderly and we get an ambulance called here maybe once every 6 months or so. Having said that, I really don't appreciate your tone and smart a** response. I was genuinely concerned and was curious, but, as usual, there is always that one person on Topix that has to turn a simple question/concern into a redneck argument...geez...go back to your trailer and fry something!(now THAT was a smart a** remark...because it seems like you don't recognize one when you see it!)
Just Curious

Charleston, WV

#5 Sep 24, 2012
itmeagain wrote:
yea thats what a fire - ambulance service does!!
Oh my God...you people are so simple...Yes, I know that's what an ambulance/fire service does. I'm not stupid. Once again, I was wondering, because it seems like they are out every day. Just wondering and expressing concern. Wasn't trying to be funny or rude or a smart a**. It seems like you simple, country folk don't get out of the holler too much.(See what I did there? That was another smart a** like the one I made above...I'm gettin' good at this! smh) Whatever. You all can dish out the smart a** comments, so can I. Didn't want to stoop to your level, but whatever. Alrighty then...let the rude responses commence!
blah

Charleston, WV

#6 Sep 24, 2012
I have noticed the sirens also, but no one ever seems to know what is going on. Around here it is hard to say, could be a variety of things, but it would still be nice to know what is going on. As for the rude comments above, not everyone in the town are rude and vile, but the ones that are show themselves enough to make us all look bad.
Hello

Lubbock, TX

#7 Sep 25, 2012
Very few calls are for drug overdoses, most are chest pain or short of breath. Some are for taxi rides to Charleston with make-believe illness . They leave the hospital before the ambulance does the paperwork. State law states somewhere that an emergency vehicle has to have lights and siren on while responding. Call volume is between 1 to 9 calls a day. There is a large senior population in west Virginia. The people around here have become accustomed to having 911 services around here. In rural areas you might have only 4 ambulances for the entire county. Thoses people more commonly Call 911 when they are deathly sick. Kanawha co. Has a much larger population and a higher call volume. Hope this helps.
Hello

Lubbock, TX

#8 Sep 25, 2012
99% of calls are dispatched over the radio. If you have a scanner, you can hear the action as it goes on. The scanner numbers are easily accessible on the Internet . There is even a app for your iPhone that let's you hear around here or other states fire traffic. Just search for radio scanner numbers, lookup by state. You don't need a scanner if using the free app, but there is a 1 min delay due to the way it is broadcasted .
uhm

Lubbock, TX

#9 Sep 25, 2012
Oh, please, continue to get your panties into a bunch.

If you ask a stupid question, expect a stupid answer.

Go ahead, get yourself a scanner and mind business that isn't yours.

I love how wound up you people get. LOL!
jeanknowsitall

Charleston, WV

#10 Sep 25, 2012
LOL I dont give up the road for them they are usually going to twin hills to eat
Just Curious

Charleston, WV

#11 Sep 25, 2012
Hello wrote:
Very few calls are for drug overdoses, most are chest pain or short of breath. Some are for taxi rides to Charleston with make-believe illness . They leave the hospital before the ambulance does the paperwork. State law states somewhere that an emergency vehicle has to have lights and siren on while responding. Call volume is between 1 to 9 calls a day. There is a large senior population in west Virginia. The people around here have become accustomed to having 911 services around here. In rural areas you might have only 4 ambulances for the entire county. Thoses people more commonly Call 911 when they are deathly sick. Kanawha co. Has a much larger population and a higher call volume. Hope this helps.
Thanks! I never wanted to start trouble, I was just genuinely curious! What you said about free rides to Charleston, that is just crazy...and sad! Your tax dollars at work for someone who probably doesn't even pay taxes!! Thanks for the info. Finally, someone with some tact and brains!!
hello

Pratt, WV

#12 Sep 26, 2012
Metro 911 of Kanawha County provides real-time information on calls for service that affect the public.

http://www.metro911.org/webcad/webcad.htm

Notice that medical call's are not included.
itmeagain

Charleston, WV

#13 Sep 26, 2012
The cedar grove ambulance is a part of kceaa which they run calls everywhere in kanawha county, and for the person that says he dont give up the road you will feel bad when the fire truck or ambulance is needed by a family member of yours!!
oh

Kimberly, WV

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Check metro911
jeanknowsitall

Charleston, WV

#15 Sep 29, 2012
My family members and myself have been taken to hospitals in ambulances and not once have they turned on lights and sirens for any of us. The only time any of the VOLUNTEERS (and I use that word loosely because i always got a bill)get excited is when they think they are gonna see brains splattered from a car wreck or a news crew is already on the scene. If my family emergencies arent worth the lights and sirens neither are anyone elses and i will be damned if i damage one of my vehicles to make way for a doughnut run.
ugh

Lubbock, TX

#16 Oct 1, 2012
jeanknowsitall wrote:
My family members and myself have been taken to hospitals in ambulances and not once have they turned on lights and sirens for any of us. The only time any of the VOLUNTEERS (and I use that word loosely because i always got a bill)get excited is when they think they are gonna see brains splattered from a car wreck or a news crew is already on the scene. If my family emergencies arent worth the lights and sirens neither are anyone elses and i will be damned if i damage one of my vehicles to make way for a doughnut run.
Clearly you don't know shit about how emergency services work. You don't run hot because you're "excited", as you so eloquently put it, the dispatcher relays the sense of urgency exhibited by the caller.

Unless you've worked in the system, keep your good for nothing, entitled, shit talkin' mouth elsewhere.
jeanknowsitall

Charleston, WV

#17 Oct 1, 2012
I know exactly how they work They like to drive around like they own the roads and for that matter the towns they SUPPOSEDLY serve. And as for my good for nothing entitled shit talking mouth I think I will continue to express it any where I wish
1 post removed
Large union

United States

#19 Oct 4, 2012
If you wanna know what goes on why don't you get a scanner like every else !?!?
yipes

Lubbock, TX

#20 Oct 5, 2012
jeanknowsitall wrote:
I know exactly how they work They like to drive around like they own the roads and for that matter the towns they SUPPOSEDLY serve. And as for my good for nothing entitled shit talking mouth I think I will continue to express it any where I wish
Well, when the time comes that you need an ambulance or someone to save your home from burning to the ground, I hope some asshole gets in front of them & assumes they're on a food or coffee run, leaving you wishing you weren't such a dick.

Shame on you for disregarding everything emergency personnel do for the community. Entitled bitch.
jeanknowsitall

Charleston, WV

#21 Oct 5, 2012
Sticks and stones may break my bones but this entitled bitch wont call Cedar Grove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
posts dissappearing 5 min tingly 1
Mothballs!!!!!! 5 min teehee 1
Yummy 12 min tingly 3
Angie Selbe (Jul '12) 40 min annie humphrey 46
quincy ginos 1 hr karen pauley 5
marmet police (Mar '11) 1 hr marmet resident 77
Paris Workman a.k.a. Barney Fife (Jun '14) 4 hr jason jarvis 9
More from around the web

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE