Upcoming Town Election
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
In Town

Charleston, WV

#1 Apr 4, 2014
So who is voting, and for who? Three candidates for Mayor, one an incumbent, 8 candidates for council, 3 incumbents. The recorder is running unopposed.

Personally I will only be voting for one incumbent.
whah whah

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2014
This is Belle. Not Lincoln county. Nunna business!
1 post removed
In Town

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 5, 2014
Woody wrote:
<quoted text>Lets gets something straight. Buck isn't a real incumbent! He was appointed mayor "not voted" in as mayor.
I totally agree, and neither were two of the council members. But being at the table makes them incumbents. I guess I will be voting for one "appointee" then. And it was not Buck
Concerned Citizen

Charleston, WV

#5 Apr 5, 2014
Buck is the only one that deserves the votes for Mayor. He has worked with everyone to have many activities in this community whether you choose to attend them or not they are available.
In Town

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 5, 2014
I have known Buck for 45 years. All the "activities" were other peoples ideas, not one of them Bucks'.
It is time for a new regime in this town. We need a Mayor and council members that are willing to say no, and be pro active, instead of re active. Way to much money is being spent in this town on useless stuff, and not enough on essential services. For the last 24+ months this town has spent $15,000.00 to $30,000.00 a month more than what it takes in. On what?
2 posts removed
Concerned Citizen

Charleston, WV

#9 Apr 5, 2014
No Bingo and singing is not the only activities so therefore you apparently are not real active in this town either. There is no reason to get rid of the chief of police just because he does his job and shows no favoritism like other police have in the past!!
In Town

Charleston, WV

#10 Apr 5, 2014
Concerned Citizen wrote:
No Bingo and singing is not the only activities so therefore you apparently are not real active in this town either. There is no reason to get rid of the chief of police just because he does his job and shows no favoritism like other police have in the past!!
It is not about whether Cox is doing his job, it's about Buck not doing his, and doing what he said he would do if appointed. Buck had nothing to do with the bingo, the singing, town fair, computer classes or the summer street shower. I am scratching my head trying to come up with something, do you have specifics?

Yes the magnets are a prime example of the waste, another is to $60,000.00 we have now spent on an accounting program, and we still farm out our sewer bills.
Concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#11 Apr 6, 2014
You come to council meetings you know the specific things about grants from county commission that he has gotten, and how important the accounting system was to get. You also are the only candidate that is now running that has even had an interest for the past two years in anything going on at the meetings. Buck is very active and is working extremely hard to get this town up to date. You say this is not about Cox then put his name away and stop and really think hard about the right person for Mayor.
In Town

Charleston, WV

#12 Apr 6, 2014
You have me confused with someone else. I am not running for anything, as for Cox I did not bring him into this, only responded. I personally have no problem or issues with him
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 6, 2014
Buck is a hard working, honest,caring person who has been instrumental in obtaining grants for much needed things for this town. Granted I don't always like some if the social functions in town but it brings people into city hall, they buy food and drinks which in turn helps out clubs, churches, firemans auxiliary, etc. which then helps again and again it keeps helping. Those attending have a good time yet we get critized by a few ungrateful
people. You don't have to attend but don't begrudge others of a good time. And just because a few don't like Cox (Fletchet) is no reason to want him fired when he IS doing his job (and by the way the town did not pay for the magnets I am told)and the clerk is doing a fantastic job (I am told Fletcher wants her fired too) even though she may be a relative of Bucks. We can't always help who we are related to. This dislike and mistrust needs to STOP in this small town. Enough said.
willy

Charleston, WV

#14 Apr 6, 2014
Woody wrote:
<quoted text>Part of that money was on those stupid Cox Magnets in our mail! That's was a waste of time an money. Funny how they thanks doing that helps buck! But it hurt him more than anything.
Belle under Buck is turned into Rand. People burning in their back yards. Our house are so close the smoke just flows in when you open the dor or windows. What happened to the old police car did we give it away, that the people of Belle's car and should have been bid out to everyone and the money put back into the kitty.
1 post removed
Concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#16 Apr 6, 2014
Is there an ordinance about having a fire pit for kids to enjoy roasting marshmallows come on get over it already. I personally loved the magnets good job Darrick!!!
willy

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 6, 2014
Concerned citizen wrote:
Is there an ordinance about having a fire pit for kids to enjoy roasting marshmallows come on get over it already. I personally loved the magnets good job Darrick!!!
Yes burning is ban in Belle. Looks like you missd the big fire on 7th st that almost burned down the whole town. You must be one of the ones with a fire pit.
Concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#18 Apr 6, 2014
No don't have one but my neighbors do I just know their kids enjoy it. I knew you couldn't burn trash. I remember a fire just didn't know it was caused from a fire pit sorry
In Town

Charleston, WV

#19 Apr 7, 2014
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes burning is ban in Belle. Looks like you missd the big fire on 7th st that almost burned down the whole town. You must be one of the ones with a fire pit.
The fire on 7th st was caused by a grease fire from someone cooking in their kitchen, not a fire pit. Burning trash is illegal, you can't even burn off your garden, but fire pits are allowed to my knowledge.

On another note, it seems another thread has gotten out of hand and off topic, Peace out.
no more buck

Charleston, WV

#20 Apr 7, 2014
he has to go let the people speak
Concerned citizen

Sylvester, WV

#21 Apr 7, 2014
They are speaking that's for sure go Buck!! Show them how to win this election keep up the good work that's what the real people want.
Concerned

Charleston, WV

#22 Apr 7, 2014
You tell them concerned citizen! The ones who don't want Buck and Cox are the real loosers. They don't know what really goes on - they are listening to the wrong people who don't really know or understand, they just want to cause trouble. Go Buck ------- WIN Buck. The lies, the harassment, the intimidation, the temper fits need to stop. Everyone has their rights and this election doesn't and shouldn't be like some small towns with everyone arguing and fussing and being mad at their neighbor because of who they think the person voted for----after all your vote is YOUR business.
Preach it

Charleston, WV

#23 Apr 8, 2014
Concerned wrote:
You tell them concerned citizen! The ones who don't want Buck and Cox are the real loosers. They don't know what really goes on - they are listening to the wrong people who don't really know or understand, they just want to cause trouble. Go Buck ------- WIN Buck. The lies, the harassment, the intimidation, the temper fits need to stop. Everyone has their rights and this election doesn't and shouldn't be like some small towns with everyone arguing and fussing and being mad at their neighbor because of who they think the person voted for----after all your vote is YOUR business.
Amen!!!!!!! Thats why we are American citizens and have the right to vote. As an American citizen you have the God given right to vote for who you feel will do the best job. Who cares what others think. One person achieves nothing, many achieve everything. Always vote, and always vote for who you feel will do the best job. Never let anyone intimidate, threaten or make you feel like you have to chose their candidate. When you vote you are up there all by yourself.
Paul

Charleston, WV

#24 Apr 8, 2014
In Town wrote:
<quoted text>
The fire on 7th st was caused by a grease fire from someone cooking in their kitchen, not a fire pit. Burning trash is illegal, you can't even burn off your garden, but fire pits are allowed to my knowledge.
On another note, it seems another thread has gotten out of hand and off topic, Peace out.
Help me understand why you can't burn off your garden but you can have a burn pit. Houses are just too close and the smoke fills your home. Wait until a spark go in a roof vent and the fire dept gets to use the new truck. Then they will say "we didn't know".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
riverside high school failing again 12 hr Alien 6
Go mart marmet girl 23 hr No Drama 79 3
Arrow Security is a joke!! Fri GaMeRSk8Er411 1
Women of belle Fri Are u forreal 6
CG Fire Department (Dec '15) Dec 1 Hose Layer 6
Matt Hunt (Nov '11) Dec 1 Pat McGroin 39
Kandi Mead from Witcher Creek/Belle area Nov 30 Sssssss 1

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance