greatdebate

Cabin Creek, WV

#1 May 7, 2013
Home » Kanawha County » News »...
Man says City of Chesapeake wrongfully terminated his employment
February 28, 2013 8:22 AM
By Kyla Asbury

Akers
CHARLESTON – A former employee is suing the City of Chesapeake after he claims his employment was wrongfully terminated.

Brandon Ross was employed by the City of Chesapeake, according to a complaint filed Feb. 14 in Kanawha Circuit Court.

Ross claims on Jan. 3, 2012, he suffered a compensable work-related injury and sough medical treatment and was given a release from work.

On Jan. 13, 2012, Jack Ice, the chief of police, fired Ross due to his work-related injury, according to the suit.

Ross claims the defendant’s basis for firing him “was clearly pretexual and retaliatory.”

The defendant owed a duty of reasonable care to Ross and breached its duty of reasonable care, which caused Ross damages, according to the suit.

Ross claims the defendant’s conduct resulted in his wrongful/retaliatory discharge, which is a violation of West Virginia code.

The defendant’s conduct caused Ross to summer lost wages, loss of benefits and non-economic damages, according to the suit.

Ross is seeking compensatory damages with pre- and post-judgment interest. He is being represented by JB Akers of Akers Law Offices.

The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carrie Webster.

Kanawha Circuit Court case number: 13-C-303
1 post removed
youthinkyouknow

Charleston, WV

#3 Jun 2, 2013
First off truth if your going to be a pussy behind a fake name then why don't you go tell him to his face cause I'd bet you he'd beat your ass. Second off I know him from school as well as the physical therapist I work under in which he attended that his back is hurt and very badly for that matter. So quit playing the childish games and you be a man and say who you are for once. Or are you scared.
1 post removed
Truth

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 13, 2013
First off truth if your going to be a pussy behind a fake name then why don't you go tell him to his face cause I'd bet you he'd beat your ass. Second off I know him from school as well as the physical therapist I work under in which he attended that his back is hurt and very badly for that matter. So quit playing the childish games and you be a man and say who you are for once. Or are you scared.
Ok Ross...you're a though guy. You are all that is great and powerful (insert sarcasm here). You suck. You're a coward. You talk about hiding and you're not putting your name on here either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dupont Middle School 1 hr Mskamish 33
Buddy Tessling 2 hr Hard right 55
Cabin creek bar? 5 hr Upper Branch Memory 33
Riverside High School (Sep '11) 9 hr concerned father 37
autumn jarrell 11 hr wow 5
security guard on top of slaughters creek in a ... (Apr '14) 12 hr lol 34
ward cemetary 14 hr troubleupyourass 11
Chesapeake Dating
Find my Match

Chesapeake People Search