The Potential of Marmet - Is it There?

Posted in the Chesapeake Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Outsider

Huntington, WV

#1 Apr 2, 2013
I bought a house in Marmet a while back and I'm amazed at how dirty and unkempt the neighbors (and the entire town, for that matter) keep the property they either rent or own. I'm also amazed by the bad mouthing and degridation that goes on within this town. Had I known how badly it had fallen over the years, I wouldn't have moved here. It seems the community wants to bad mouth each other instead of trying to work together to be part of the solution. No wonder Marmet has such a bad reputation. I used to think it was undeserved but now I see it is the truth. When neighborhood kids are flipping off an old lady just walking down the street, we've got a really big problem. Drug abuse is a huge problem so let's not blame poor parenting in every case and write those families off. Drug abuse is incidious and had its' roots in a myriad of problems. Let's get together to fix it. Clean up your area and lend a helping hand to your neighbors.
1 post removed
Agree

Belle, WV

#3 Apr 6, 2013
Outsider wrote:
I bought a house in Marmet a while back and I'm amazed at how dirty and unkempt the neighbors (and the entire town, for that matter) keep the property they either rent or own. I'm also amazed by the bad mouthing and degridation that goes on within this town. Had I known how badly it had fallen over the years, I wouldn't have moved here. It seems the community wants to bad mouth each other instead of trying to work together to be part of the solution. No wonder Marmet has such a bad reputation. I used to think it was undeserved but now I see it is the truth. When neighborhood kids are flipping off an old lady just walking down the street, we've got a really big problem. Drug abuse is a huge problem so let's not blame poor parenting in every case and write those families off. Drug abuse is incidious and had its' roots in a myriad of problems. Let's get together to fix it. Clean up your area and lend a helping hand to your neighbors.
I agree we all need to work together as a community but Marmet really needs to get cops that actually give a damn about the crimes that go on around here. All these crimes are being committed and they did nothing about it and clearly never do or otherwise Marmet wouldnt have so many problems. Basically everyone in Marmet especially criminals and druggies know that you get away with anything and nothing will be done.
citizen

Charleston, WV

#4 Apr 6, 2013
burn the apartments down first and that's a good start!grub stub hungry pill pushers
jen

Belle, WV

#5 Apr 7, 2013
If you want cops to be better, you need to go their boss the mayor. If you get rid of Bill, that would help a lot of the problems. But when I hear Bob Wells tell the news on camera that the police have never had a complaint, that tells me he's no better.
Parent

Alexandria, VA

#6 Apr 7, 2013
jen wrote:
If you want cops to be better, you need to go their boss the mayor. If you get rid of Bill, that would help a lot of the problems. But when I hear Bob Wells tell the news on camera that the police have never had a complaint, that tells me he's no better.
I agree with you that we need to get rid of Bill, but Bob Wells was answering a question about one certain complaint that out of towners were talking about. They were from Chesapeake complaining about the police not Marmet. Get your facts straight.
Friend

Alexandria, VA

#7 Apr 7, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you that we need to get rid of Bill, but Bob Wells was answering a question about one certain complaint that out of towners were talking about. They were from Chesapeake complaining about the police not Marmet. Get your facts straight.
You are right about Mr Wells comment. It was about Chesapeake . He could do a lot of good for this town. I know him well.
Insider

Alexandria, VA

#8 Apr 7, 2013
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about Mr Wells comment. It was about Chesapeake . He could do a lot of good for this town. I know him well.
You both are right, it was Chesapeake. If you want to know where Bob Wells stands, go talk to him and ask him instead of whining and bashing him,about something you don't know what your talkiing about. Conduct yourself like a person, not like worm hiding.
Two Gun

Alexandria, VA

#9 Apr 7, 2013
Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
You both are right, it was Chesapeake. If you want to know where Bob Wells stands, go talk to him and ask him instead of whining and bashing him,about something you don't know what your talkiing about. Conduct yourself like a person, not like worm hiding.
Where do you people crawl out from, you talk about people and you have no idea about the facts. Spineless little worm are you. Confront the man to his face whimps.
Knowledge

Alexandria, VA

#10 Apr 7, 2013
Two Gun wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you people crawl out from, you talk about people and you have no idea about the facts. Spineless little worm are you. Confront the man to his face whimps.
Knowledge is everything, get it, use it! Mr. Wells can help this town if we act like descent citizens and work together instead of trying to tear people down. Talk to the man, he has a lot of great ideas for the town. Don't talk about some one unless you have talked to them about their position on matters. Act like a good citizen, don't be like the rest of those who hide. You can be better than that.
Yeah

Belle, WV

#11 Apr 8, 2013
Ok, Knowledge, Insider, Friend, etc. are obviously the same person. Sure you're entitled to your opinion and that's great. However, that news story covered Marmet AND Chesapeake. It was in two parts. Chief Maynard and Bob Wells responded in the second part and Bob clearly said Marmet police has never had a complaint. I remember it clearly because my chin hit the dang floor and I rewound to make sure I heard right. He has always praised them as one of the best forces in the valley. Why do you think Bill makes him the police commissioner? Because good ol' Bob is a team player.

Sure. He's got his paper of big plans. He always has TALKED a lot and shows up to vote so he can collect his pay. I can't say that I've actually seen him DOING much though. Well, that is until he filed for mayor. Now the guy is everywhere. Just like his signs and flashy headquarters, Bob is all about the show. But if you want to vote for the man have at it.
Knowledge

Alexandria, VA

#12 Apr 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Ok, Knowledge, Insider, Friend, etc. are obviously the same person. Sure you're entitled to your opinion and that's great. However, that news story covered Marmet AND Chesapeake. It was in two parts. Chief Maynard and Bob Wells responded in the second part and Bob clearly said Marmet police has never had a complaint. I remember it clearly because my chin hit the dang floor and I rewound to make sure I heard right. He has always praised them as one of the best forces in the valley. Why do you think Bill makes him the police commissioner? Because good ol' Bob is a team player.
Sure. He's got his paper of big plans. He always has TALKED a lot and shows up to vote so he can collect his pay. I can't say that I've actually seen him DOING much though. Well, that is until he filed for mayor. Now the guy is everywhere. Just like his signs and flashy headquarters, Bob is all about the show. But if you want to vote for the man have at it.
Well a lot of people have a lot to say, but aleast he stands up for what he believes. Why haven't you ran for office since you have such strong options.
Don't hide come out and talk to people you hide and bash..don't be like the rest of these people that can only speak while hiding, quit being so afraid to be a person. You really should be ashamed of yourself for not standing up and be counted.thereare more good people in this town than you know, but you like to hide like the rest of the bunch. It's a shame your like that. I truly feel for your kind. Maybe one day god will take the hate out of your heart. I wish you the best!
Two Gun

Alexandria, VA

#13 Apr 8, 2013
RIGHT! We are the same person LOL!

AMEN to that, sounds like hate and jealousy.
There's a lot of those kind of people out there, you can only pitty them.
Insider

Alexandria, VA

#14 Apr 8, 2013
Hey same people, stop responding to this one.
You can't fix stupid
for real

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Apr 20, 2013
People of Marmet if you are tired of the same ole dirty stinky town looking the way it does and would like to see changes in the Little Town of Marmet where alot of great people do live, and at one time it was a very clean and respectful place to live with alot of loving people who went to church spoke to you alot church gathering and no drugs if there was you didnt know about it, no trash houses didntlooked trashy, We have a chance to change it, Bill Pauley Bless his heart has had his time, it is time for New Begining a rebirth of Marmet, we need to stand bi each other and most of us are all related some how, we need to teach out kids how to respect one another keep things clean and get a new mayor in this town that has alot of plans of good things to expect, gatherings films at the ball field, all kinds of functions to take your family too lets see what Mr Wells can do, he has alot of good ideas and I do believe he will get this town back or even in better shape, plant flowers put a Christmas Tree up every year for the town new decorations, Let him get the Big Trucks that are up Rush Creek that is carring the mudd in the town stopped, drugs gone, prostitutes no more, and run down places taken down, lets clean up marmet, and make it a better place so we wont be ashamed to call it home, so it wont be so trashy, Lets make it a place where people will say i love that place people are all so nice and pleasant and loving, lets fix out town... Pull togather and it can be done, I know I want a beautiful and clean and nice place to live I was raised here and I hate to the way it is today, but Iknow what the future can be if you give the right person a chance and I know for a fact that Mr. Bobby Wells will get this done, go out Marmet and Vote and make this happen. Lets rebuild Marmet make it new and reborn.
marvin

Bellevue, WA

#16 Apr 21, 2013
for real wrote:
People of Marmet if you are tired of the same ole dirty stinky town looking the way it does and would like to see changes in the Little Town of Marmet where alot of great people do live, and at one time it was a very clean and respectful place to live with alot of loving people who went to church spoke to you alot church gathering and no drugs if there was you didnt know about it, no trash houses didntlooked trashy, We have a chance to change it, Bill Pauley Bless his heart has had his time, it is time for New Begining a rebirth of Marmet, we need to stand bi each other and most of us are all related some how, we need to teach out kids how to respect one another keep things clean and get a new mayor in this town that has alot of plans of good things to expect, gatherings films at the ball field, all kinds of functions to take your family too lets see what Mr Wells can do, he has alot of good ideas and I do believe he will get this town back or even in better shape, plant flowers put a Christmas Tree up every year for the town new decorations, Let him get the Big Trucks that are up Rush Creek that is carring the mudd in the town stopped, drugs gone, prostitutes no more, and run down places taken down, lets clean up marmet, and make it a better place so we wont be ashamed to call it home, so it wont be so trashy, Lets make it a place where people will say i love that place people are all so nice and pleasant and loving, lets fix out town... Pull togather and it can be done, I know I want a beautiful and clean and nice place to live I was raised here and I hate to the way it is today, but Iknow what the future can be if you give the right person a chance and I know for a fact that Mr. Bobby Wells will get this done, go out Marmet and Vote and make this happen. Lets rebuild Marmet make it new and reborn.
I agree. The reason the town looks like crap is cause of the mayor we have now. We need a new mayor in town and I do believe Mr. Bob Wells can do alot of good for this town. The way this town has looked for many years im embarrassed to call it home!
Concerned citizen

Elkview, WV

#17 Apr 21, 2013
the problem is that Ruth Meadows is running for mayor also, which means she'll split the vote with Wells and Pauley will end up winning again. Of course Pauley knows this and probably put Ruth up to running to do just this very thing. He tends to do underhanded stuff like that, for instance when Tardy ran for mayor Bill had members of the police dept. running all over town lying to people that all the police officers would be fired and replaced and that Tardy was going to get Marmet involved in that one Metro Government scheme that Charleston was trying to get passed at the time. These were all lies, but people believed them. I think Pauley is afraid for anyone else to get into office, if they ever audit bingo he may be in trouble.
Get Real

Belle, WV

#18 Apr 29, 2013
My opinion, if you can lie to your wife for years, then why would I believe any thing you promise to me? Campaign advisor? Is that what they are called these days? Bobby has been on council for 20 years and hasn't done squat. If you read his newsletter, he hasn't paid enough attention to know we don't have a Lion's club anymore and I suppose some of you are to young to remember how dirty he was to Phyllis Cochran, but I remember. In my opinion, he's a sneaky little weasel. The only one that has actually WORKED for this town is Ruth. Bill and Bobby care about the position and the power, not this town. And you're right, Bill does like to spread lies and he's very underhanded. Just like him in today's paper. He don't want those books cleaned up. The dead voters are the ones that keep him office! The only thing I don't understand is why has he never gone to jail?
Two Gun

Alexandria, VA

#19 Apr 29, 2013
Get Real wrote:
My opinion, if you can lie to your wife for years, then why would I believe any thing you promise to me? Campaign advisor? Is that what they are called these days? Bobby has been on council for 20 years and hasn't done squat. If you read his newsletter, he hasn't paid enough attention to know we don't have a Lion's club anymore and I suppose some of you are to young to remember how dirty he was to Phyllis Cochran, but I remember. In my opinion, he's a sneaky little weasel. The only one that has actually WORKED for this town is Ruth. Bill and Bobby care about the position and the power, not this town. And you're right, Bill does like to spread lies and he's very underhanded. Just like him in today's paper. He don't want those books cleaned up. The dead voters are the ones that keep him office! The only thing I don't understand is why has he never gone to jail?

Your the worm, why don't you tell him to his face.
Your the reason people get a bad rap. Mr. Wells has told people who his friend is and you are just a sick and jealous worm with no back bone. Ruthy just like to show and that she does as much as possible. Ruthy dried up when Bingo checks did. So some are in it for money and insurance. Some quit when the going gets tough. Ask ruthy! So try your slander else where you peice of trash. If you had any brains you would know that 12 laws were broken, but your to stupid to check the facts, stay hidden trash, we don't need your ignorance in Marmet. But if you have sing mud worm sling at Mr. Wells and not innocent people , he can take what ever your kind can makeup. Face and tell spineless. Didn't think so!!!!!
Get Real

Alexandria, VA

#20 Apr 29, 2013
Your right I was stupid, they are putting me up to this because they are losing to the better man. They said to start trash talking him and maybe he would lose votes they could pickup. I can't do this to him he's a good man. I'm sorry Mr. Wells you have my vote.
Insider

Alexandria, VA

#21 Apr 29, 2013
Get Real wrote:
Your right I was stupid, they are putting me up to this because they are losing to the better man. They said to start trash talking him and maybe he would lose votes they could pickup. I can't do this to him he's a good man. I'm sorry Mr. Wells you have my vote.
Hey Get Real remember me, think about it, it will come to you. Your name will be posted soon with the Sh......t I know on your innocent A....s let's see how you like it, so post again your trash and alls fair. But I don't think you like it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Adkins (Dec '11) 7 hr well 11
lol 7 hr john boy 1
robert bonds 9 hr just asking 26
Shane Hall of Belle 9 hr jason smith 18
security guard on top of slaughters creek in a ... (Apr '14) 10 hr I Know 38
school bus 11 hr Creeker 11
Sharon Dawes secretary 11 hr Impressed 1
More from around the web

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE