New contractor in town: Marmet Samitary Dept.

Posted in the Chesapeake Forum

Resident

Alexandria, VA

#1 May 26, 2013
Who's running the contracting deals for the Marmet Sanitaty Dept. my understanding is that workers for the town and sanitary dept are allowed to use the backhoe and dump truck to make money on the side with this equipment. They are doing a job behind the old drug store building and are being paid for it by the owner. The town or sanitary dept gets nothing. Makes perfect sense to me, Election time. If you care go ask the man incharge, you may get the same treatment.misuse of workers and equipment but what the heck! And the contractors (emplyees) don't have a business liscence or will they pay B&O taxes. Who cares? Same old Marmet give it away. Same man in charge of it all. Can we all get away with this, if so let mine and the other businesses operate without having liscence and not pay taxes and use city equipment.. Since its free to use even though its illegal. But really who does cares? Hurry and apply for a job to be done or the use of equipment before June11. I know several people who would like to use that equipment to make money.
Start

Brooklyn, NY

#2 May 27, 2013
If you are referring to the new hired contractor Public Works Director, yes he does have his business license and is paying all of his own taxes. He is not over the Sanitation Dept., maybe you should go and talk with their boss!!! with this issue you are talking about. Furthermore, I am sure the new hired contractor of the street Department would answer any questions that is pertaining to his crew of employees. If you have a problem with the Mayor, go talk with him....
Resident

Alexandria, VA

#3 May 27, 2013
Start wrote:
If you are referring to the new hired contractor Public Works Director, yes he does have his business license and is paying all of his own taxes. He is not over the Sanitation Dept., maybe you should go and talk with their boss!!! with this issue you are talking about. Furthermore, I am sure the new hired contractor of the street Department would answer any questions that is pertaining to his crew of employees. If you have a problem with the Mayor, go talk with him....
Thank You, no it's not Johnny I am talking about. He doing great. Re read my post, they are making money on the side with town equipment and Bills letting them.
what are facts

Charleston, WV

#4 May 27, 2013
Exactly what are the facts here? Someone just being a but cause they like someone else that's running? But I'm sure you would be quick to get a job done for a family member that needed help cause they couldn't afford to get it done.

Is there a building permit for the job and if so I must say there is your taxes. I rent from the company when I need equipment and I've personally have got the
Town a discount on the equipment. Other facts you may not know is that part of the rental was paid for by the home owner via through the man doing the job. If the people needs something done have they asked to get it done probably not. Don't vote so I'm not in the position to say anything about who's doing what politicaly I will say elections are not who's the best but who knows the most and that's what wins. Don't always work out to great now does it. But what can anybody do about it. Personally I think people should be more what to help there fellow neighbor than being in there business and stirring up trouble. Where is your heart bet it only comes out on Sunday morning and goes away right after service.
uhhhhh

Charleston, WV

#5 May 28, 2013
that job is actually being hired out by carl he bought that house back there and is having them tear it apart and its the people who work the car wash are the ones doing the job for him ,your so far off its ridiculous ,get it right before you start running your mouth ,has nothing to do with politics lol crazy cocaine carl that is !!! his building is also full of mold and termites and sewer leakage so you may want to inform someone in town of this nasty mess

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kroger Drug Deals 34 min Peaker 10
Glasgows Mayors race 2 hr Question 6
Terry workman 7 hr Ex girlfriend 5
Belle Snow Removal 7 hr Nosey Rosey 17
Buddy really 10 hr Land O lakes 34
if you even knew you would know why/ 17 hr feel for ya 1
its sad that cedar grove 21 hr You Suck 3
Chesapeake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
Bleacher Report 8:08 AM
How Bengals Can Create Ultimate Defense in 2015
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment