Arthur

United States

#19902 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
We all disagree with it. But it's nothing new and it pales in comparison to denying equal rights both in terms of constitutional importance and its effect on people. You can't compare surveillance cameras on traffic lights to firing gay people for being gay. One is nuisance. The other is a destroyer of lives. I think that your anger is misguided intentionally by those that want your concern aimed elsewhere. Much like the way ignorant people spend their lives bitching about welfare while the top one percent hide their money, pay no taxes and move their corporate profits overseas. One is a miniscule problem so small it's hard to even measure. The other is trillion-dollar issue that affects how our cosiety functions. It's a bait-and-switch. Don't look here, LOOK OVER THERE! Leaders who decote their lives to protecting loopholes for the rich and denying freedoms to minorities WANT and NEED you to worry about traffic cameras. They don't you want you spending any time and energy on fighting them.
I dont need you to decide what should be important and what should be ignored. In your opinion certain things have more Constitutional importance and effects on people. That is your opinion, but mine is one of the greatest threats to this country and its effect on people is the governments illegal spying. It is far more than a nuisance to many liberty loving Americans. You must be borderline narcissist because you seem to think only the issues important to you should be the only issues important to everyone else. You can fight for gay rights, and btw I do think gay people should have the same rights as everyone else, but that doesnt mean it is the only thing I will speak out against. I will decide for myself what to speak out on, and you can do the same, but stop trying to force your opinions on me. I think the dangers to the foundation of the country by the governments illegal spying is far greater than a gay person denied marriage and dont need you to tell me what is important and what to speak up about.
Steven

Brooklyn, NY

#19903 Jul 18, 2013
Manchin
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

#19905 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
I think that your anger is misguided intentionally by those that want your concern aimed elsewhere.
I think it is you who is misguided, you are so focused on gay people that you cant see the government granting itself illegal and increasingly oppressive powers. If you think gay peoples right are oppressed now, just continue to ignore the governments illegal spying and see what happens. It will be far worse. I think you have your priorities out of order.

“If you put your ear to this,”

Since: May 13

You can hear a conservative

#19906 Jul 18, 2013
Crowley wrote:
Calm down Arthur, you're going to make another emotionally weak dumbocrat cry. They are not used to being challenged, and Oliar has told dumbocrats repeatedly that their opinion is the only one that matters.
Challenged? By a dumb tea bagger? Never happened.

Art, I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or not speak out. I'm just saying that your concerns appears misguided intentionally by people who want you to look at things that have a small impact on people while they do things that have a drastic impact.

And you never answered my question from before. Keeping in mind that this country has never in its entire history considered "all men equal," when was the time you were referring to when you said "return to the liberty-loving country we once were." When?
Arthur

United States

#19907 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Art, I'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned or not speak out. Keeping in mind that this country has never in its entire history considered "all men equal," when was the time you were referring to when you said "return to the liberty-loving country we once were." When?
Actually that is exactly what you said, that I shouldnt be speaking out about illegal spying and illegal police tracking because we have more important things to worry about like gay marriage.

A liberty loving country was a time before the government ignored the Constitution most importanly. A time when the government spied on its enemies, not its own citizens. A time when wars were fought because we had to, not out of greed. A time when the police used their time and resources going after criminals, not illegally tracking law abiding citizens. The time of liberty wasnt that long ago, and it is impossible to say specifically when it was lost. It has been a gradual thing but is greatly increasing in pace. The frog in the pot story.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#19908 Jul 18, 2013
Well it looks like we are all still bitching about everything, from what colored socks Travon was wetting to who was Rock Hudson's boyfriend. What difference does it make. The Supreme Court has spoken on several issues. They said white straight people can't make decisions anymore unless it benefits a minority group. So why don't we start another revolution in this country and put people in concentration camps that don't agree with the majority. That way we can go back to being the country we were before all of this political correctness started. Now if you can make any sense out of what I said you are dumber than I am. Ali is good.

Location hidden

#19909 Jul 18, 2013
Arthur wrote:
<quoted text>Actually that is exactly what you said, that I shouldnt be speaking out about illegal spying and illegal police tracking because we have more important things to worry about like gay marriage.

A liberty loving country was a time before the government ignored the Constitution most importanly. A time when the government spied on its enemies, not its own citizens. A time when wars were fought because we had to, not out of greed. A time when the police used their time and resources going after criminals, not illegally tracking law abiding citizens. The time of liberty wasnt that long ago, and it is impossible to say specifically when it was lost. It has been a gradual thing but is greatly increasing in pace. The frog in the pot story.
I will tell you one thing about our liberty being lost. It has been going on gradually and blatantly for a long time and by design by both parties. It is a way for the government to control it's citizens. Our country in its inception was designed for our government to slowly creep further and further into our lives. If our constitution had been closed to revision when it was written we wouldn't be having all of these discussions today. Look at how small the constitution and the bill of rights was when it was written and look at it now. It has added things in our bill of rights that shouldn't even be in there. There is so many loop holes in the bill of rights that it can mean anything to anybody and nobody can do anything about it because none of the people that wrote it or signed it can't be asked anything about it today. They are all dead. So a few people think it is a living breathing document that can be twisted to there own needs and wants. Why isn't all contracts like that. There would be no use to have a contract. That is what the constitution was supposed to be a contract from the government to the American people. It has been broken so many times by the government it has become irrelevant to anybody. So what I have to say is suck it up and live with it, because there is nothing anybody can do about it.

#19910 Jul 18, 2013
Art, you're confused. The founding documents say "all men are created equal." But they allowed slaves for another century. So if you're looking for a time when we didn't ignore the constitution, you won't find it. Good luck trying.

And Harvey, what kind of "free country" would this be if it was ruled only by the majority? That's not how a democracy works. Protection for everyone is supposed to be equal under the law. Minorities must have equal rights. As long as they're denied, from women's rights to vote to blacks being 3/5 of a person to gays legally fired for their sexual preference, this isn't a "free country."

Freedom is relative. You guys are only bitching about security cameras and phone bills now because you're white, and you're getting a taste of what losing it means. Imagine being EVERY OTHER ETHNICITY, RACE OR GENDER in this country and have to fight for it - to this very day. Your whining - while warranted - falls on deaf ears because most Americans have been denied far more than privacy for far longer than the Patriot Act. But your inability to empathize is what makes you dumb tea baggers, and that's why nobody listens to you.
Arthur

United States

#19911 Jul 18, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
. It has been broken so many times by the government it has become irrelevant to anybody. So what I have to say is suck it up and live with it, because there is nothing anybody can do about it.
BS. It is not irrelevant and there is something we can and will do about it, the question is when and how we will do it. I will never "suck it up". I will protest until the wrong are righted and mark my words, someday they will one way or the other.
Arthur

United States

#19912 Jul 18, 2013
But Rep. John Conyers Jr.(D) of Michigan said collection of the metadata under Section 215 of the Patriot Act “can amount to a Fourth Amendment violation” before any use is made of it.“You’ve already violated the law,” he told the government witnesses.“I feel very uncomfortable about using aggregated metadata on hundreds of millions of Americans,” he added.“This is unsustainable, it’s outrageous and must be stopped immediately.”

Wow, Michigan actually isnt all bad I guess. This guy is right on!
Arthur

United States

#19913 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Art, you're confused. The founding documents say "all men are created equal." But they allowed slaves for another century. So if you're looking for a time when we didn't ignore the constitution, you won't find it. Good luck trying.

Freedom is relative. You guys are only bitching about security cameras and phone bills now because you're white, and you're getting a taste of what losing it means. Imagine being EVERY OTHER ETHNICITY, RACE OR GENDER in this country and have to fight for it - to this very day. Your whining - while warranted - falls on deaf ears because most Americans have been denied far more than privacy for far longer than the Patriot Act. But your inability to empathize is what makes you dumb tea baggers, and that's why nobody listens to you.
Actually, blacks were not considered men under the law when slavery was legal so there was no Constitutional violation so to speak. We need to deal with the present violations, not the past ones, and both you and harvey need to stop being sheeple by saying it happened in the past so deal/ignore (with)it. Not going to happen here, that attitude is exactly why we are where we are. Apathetic people more worried about Idol then they are their own freedoms.

And hater you dont get it, you make light of it like its only traffic cameras and phone billes, when in reality it is vastly more than that in several ways. For one it shows how far the government has come in that it blatantly ignores the Constitution and Bill of Rights. It is also not just "cams and phone bills", it is illegal spying that directly violates the Constitution and illegal tracking of law abiding citizens, not traffic tickets. I will not stop objecting until the wrongs are righted, but you sheeple can just sit back and ignore it and say they always did it so suck it up. NOT HAPPENING HERE.

#19914 Jul 18, 2013
You find out the government has cameras on street light and your response is TOTAL OUTRAGE.

I remind you that this country has denied basic human rights to entire races of Americans since the day we wrote the Declaration of Independence and your response is, "Nobody's perfect."

Do you still wonder why we call you dumb tea baggers and why you've been relegated to the powerless fringes of society?

#19915 Jul 18, 2013
I'm actually pretty confident that Hillary will suspend these practices. Either way, there's plenty of bitching about it on both sides of the aisle to know it won't last as it is. But private surveillance camera are everywhere and if the government wants to track you, they will. If you want to be outraged about police procedures, check out the Cato Institute's publications on paramilitary raids and unwarranted searches at cato.com . Or check out the practice - and total ineffectiveness and unreliability - of dogs giving probably cause to search.

The true battle for freedoms in this country continue to rest with blacks, minorities, women, homosexuals and immmigrants. They aren't viewed as equal under the law, and that is totally and inarguably unconstitutional. And attempts to do so are fought tooth-and-nail by the GOP. They are real people, true Americans in every sense of the word. I'm not saying that righting these wrongs should be our sole focus. I'm saying that calling this a "free country" before we do is just bullshit lip service among white men.
1 post removed
Arthur

United States

#19917 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
You find out the government has cameras on street light and your response is TOTAL OUTRAGE.
You still dont get it. I will try real slow. It isnt about cameras on street lights, it is about their illegally recording and tracking law abiding citizens for no reason. Yes, I am outraged.
I think you have a teabag for a brain.
Arthur

United States

#19918 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
Or check out the practice - and total ineffectiveness and unreliability - of dogs giving probably cause to search.

The true battle for freedoms in this country continue to rest with blacks, minorities, women, homosexuals and immmigrants.
I agree that sometimes they use dogs to improperly and sometimes illegally search.

Blacks and minorities already have equal protection under the law. I support women's right and voice it often. I supoort equal rights for homosexuals, although this is not a cause I consider important enough to me personally to fight for, I will openly say I think they deserve equal rights under the law. And by immigrants you actually mean ILLEGAL immigrants. I dont not support giving amnesty or anything to people who broke the law to get here. I support legal immigration at its current rate. I think illegal immigrants should be deported and I will no support their right to anything other than getting out.

Now, once again you seem to say that your causes and priorities should be everyones causes and priorities and insult people who disagree. That is narcissism creeping up on you, you have been hanging with the full blown barking narcissist way too long.

“I'm A Whacko From”

Since: Sep 08

Waco, TX

#19919 Jul 18, 2013
I love how Artie calls everyone who disagrees with his incessant whining a narcissist.

According to Artie's logic, if you make fun of an overly-dramatic (HE'S OUTRAGED!!!!) cry baby, you're a narcissist.

Location hidden

#19920 Jul 18, 2013
bacon hater wrote:

And Harvey, what kind of "free country" would this be if it was ruled only by the majority? That's not how a democracy works. Protection for everyone is supposed to be equal under the law. Minorities must have equal rights. As long as they're denied, from women's rights to vote to blacks being 3/5 of a person to gays legally fired for their sexual preference, this isn't a "free country."

First of all I wasn't specifically speaking about minority groups like blacks, Hispanics or any other groups. I was speaking of minorities in there thought processes. The minority votes, meaning the issues that the minority of people that a for something or against something gets there way over the majority vote for something. Believe it or not there are black, gay and female people that also have conservative views. You say majority shouldn't rule then you go over an talk about minorities as the nationality, gender or sexual preference of people. Believe it or not there are gay people that thought gay marriage shouldn't have past and also blacks that didn't want Obama for president. So what you are saying that the minority groups like blacks, gays, Hispanics and women group together has mor rights afforded to them than white men. So in that way of looking all of those group together they are the majority and white men are a minority and have nothing to say about any law that is past reflected to those groups. That sounds about right in this country. Because you add up all of the women, gays, Hispanics and other groups that are considered minority they out way the minority white male. So I guess we white males need to be put in concentration camps and everybody else should be happy. The constitution says all men, meaning every human being are created equal. So by the words in the constitution if everybody is to be treated equal, there has to be a systematic way of making laws in this country. The only one that would even be close to being fair would be majority rule. In order for that to work is for every male, female, white, black, straight, gay and any other so called minority group person to have the same strength with there vote. That is already been accomplished with the fair voting act. The way the law is now one person, one vote if you are a citizen of the US and not a felon. My personal feeling is I think every person that is physically able and a citizen, not a felon should be bound by law to vote. Then stop all if this crazy crap.

Location hidden

#19921 Jul 18, 2013
Arthur wrote:
But Rep. John Conyers Jr.(D) of Michigan said collection of the metadata under Section 215 of the Patriot Act “can amount to a Fourth Amendment violation” before any use is made of it.“You’ve already violated the law,” he told the government witnesses.“I feel very uncomfortable about using aggregated metadata on hundreds of millions of Americans,” he added.“This is unsustainable, it’s outrageous and must be stopped immediately.”

Wow, Michigan actually isnt all bad I guess. This guy is right on!
You watch and see in the future when someone is arrested using this information and it is thrown out because of lack of evidence because the information will be considered fruit from the poisoned true. It is going to be hilarious when all the cases are thrown out.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Charleston, WV

#19922 Jul 18, 2013
i think they all meed a mandatory drug booz test monthly min wage and no pensions

#19923 Jul 18, 2013
So what you guys are saying is that you're only concerned about the rights that affect you. If it's other peoples' rights, like gay people or minorities, they don't matter much. Wow. Good thing your views ARE IN THE MINORITY. Otherwise, when your families came here they never would have been granted rights. Assuming, of course, that you aren't direct pilgrim descendants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dog Town (Belle) (Dec '13) 6 hr spot 85
Chris Bledsoe passed away and my heart goes out to 9 hr Haden 10
Sheriff Michael Dickerson 10 hr i know 20
can we not clear out the dope dealing in town 11 hr Single mom 28
eb5k 21 hr belledog05 2
kari kidd 21 hr rand 5
Anna Shelton Tue Yoda 4
•••
•••
•••