Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#18472 Jun 24, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>That's exactly my point. A lot of us were against the Patriot Act for this very reason, but it was passed and it's the law of the land. Abuses were inevitable. But that's not the issue. The issue is that these people are saying Snowden is a hero when he is not. He had all sorts of options that might have made him a hero, but flying to countries that could use this information to harm us was not the best choice this "hero" could have made. I think the guy's an opportunist who is out to see who will give him the best deal.
And get his 15 minutes of fame. Yep he would look pretty good with an orange jumpsuit at Fort Leavenworth, Ks. At least for oh lets say the rest of his sorry life.
Arthur

United States

#18473 Jun 24, 2013
From the reporter who broke the story.

MR. GREENWALD: Right. This is what the U.S. government, what you just-- what you just-- that the claim that you just referenced has been saying for decades. They said the same thing about Daniel Ellsberg. They said the same thing about whoever leaked the Bush NSA eavesdropping program to The New York Times in 2005 or who told The Washington Post’s Dana Priest about CIA black sites. This is how the government always tries to protect themselves from transparency is by accusing those who bring it of endangering national security. There’s been nothing that has been revealed that has been remotely endangering of national security. The only thing people who have learned anything are the American people, who have learned the spying apparatus is directed at them. But let me just quickly say it isn’t Edward Snowden who’s making the decisions about what has published. He didn’t simply upload these documents to the internet or pass them to adversary governments, which is what he could have done, had he been inclined or had his motive been to harm the United States. He came to two newspapers The Guardian and The Washington Post and said I want you to be extremely careful about what it is that you publish and what it is that you don’t publish. Only publish what Americans should know, but don’t harm national security. And we have withheld a majority of things that he gave us pursuant not only to his instruction, but to our duty as journalists. That’s what whistleblowers and journalists do every single day, David. That’s how Americans have learned about wrongdoing on the part of the U.S. government, through this process.

Location hidden

#18474 Jun 24, 2013
Arthur wrote:
BREAKING NEWS**********

AP@
Monday, June 24 2013
Washington, D.C.
By Dick Cheney

The government has secretly granted itself the power to seize all assault rifles and any semi-automatics that can hold more than 10 rounds. People are ordered to turn over their weapons to the nearest federal office or face the wrath of the military. According to a government spokesperson, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, this is being done for to keep everyone safer. Mindless zombie greeted the news with jubilation, shooting off fireworks and cheering, others shrugged it off. "Every country does it and have for a long time, whats the big deal? Who needs the Constitution anyway?" Harvey of Topix county was quoted as saying. Additional reporting from Nancy Pelosi and Eric Holder

Full story at 11.

BREAKING NEWS**********
You need to get back on your meds very soon.
Arthur

United States

#18475 Jun 24, 2013
This from Congressman Mike Rogers Michigan while trying to demonize Snowden for flying to Russia.

REP. ROGERS: You know I-- it wouldn’t surprise me. I don’t have information to that effect, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Putin has been playing a thorn in the world’s side in Syria. We think that they may not be playing honest with their adherence to the nuclear treaty. They’re very aggressive around the world trying to regain their influence. They’ve modernized their nuclear fleet. Listen, Russia is a country that wants to get back on the world stage and I don’t think they really care if they do it in a way that’s in the best interest of good citizenship around the world.

He is speaking of Russia, the same country we are about to buy half a billion dollars worth of helicopters from for the Afghan army, funding their economy and military. Our politicians are so tangled in lies they cant get their stories straight. They arent a threat when it comes to buying half a billion in weapons but when it comes to a patriot passing through Russia it is the evil demon bent on destroying the world so he must be a traitor. Their lies are Laughable
Arthur

United States

#18476 Jun 24, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
And get his 15 minutes of fame. Yep he would look pretty good with an orange jumpsuit at Fort Leavenworth, Ks. At least for oh lets say the rest of his sorry life.
He will never make it. The government will off him, he is a true patriot and they cant risk millions of other patriots rising to his defense. He will have an accident if he ever gets near the US or a criminally complicit ally such as the UK.

Location hidden

#18477 Jun 24, 2013
Sundog and Bacon Hater where are you at? I need backup. I am being triple teamed by a couple of light weights.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#18478 Jun 24, 2013
help me out here. I have been working nights and try to watch both CNN and Fox news when I get home. They both have said "we have reports" but have not shown footage. Do we as a people really know where he is at?

Location hidden

#18479 Jun 24, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
help me out here. I have been working nights and try to watch both CNN and Fox news when I get home. They both have said "we have reports" but have not shown footage. Do we as a people really know where he is at?
He is in Moscow they actually followed the flight from Hong Kong to Russia. Unless he has already left Moscow. That is where his last known whereabouts were.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#18480 Jun 24, 2013
Here is my take on it. The US has critisized these same nations for human rights violations and China for hacking and gave people asylum. So when we do it. We want them to do what we want. What arrogance on our part.That is like laughing and putting down you neighbor for cheating on his wife and later you cheat on your wife and want sympathy? This is when our government should put on their big boy pants and say: This is a example of abusing the Patriot act. We should repeal it or amend it due to the violations it has caused on our citizens.
Smartguy

Noblesville, IN

#18481 Jun 24, 2013
Dont know and dont care

Location hidden

#18482 Jun 24, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Here is my take on it. The US has critisized these same nations for human rights violations and China for hacking and gave people asylum. So when we do it. We want them to do what we want. What arrogance on our part.That is like laughing and putting down you neighbor for cheating on his wife and later you cheat on your wife and want sympathy? This is when our government should put on their big boy pants and say: This is a example of abusing the Patriot act. We should repeal it or amend it due to the violations it has caused on our citizens.
Fine I want the damn thing repealed myself. But it is law now and he has broken our law as it is. So you are saying in for instance: there is a speed limit of 45 somewhere and you get pulled over and given a ticket. Then the next week before you walk in to see the judge to fight it, they raise the speed limit to 55. You walk into the judge and say I shouldn't get this ticket because the speed limit now is 55. The judge says guilty you broke the speed limit for what it was when you got pulled over, pay the clerk. Laws don't work that way. If you were guilty of the crime then, you are still guilty of the crime at court whether the law has changed or not.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#18483 Jun 24, 2013
Harve Wall Banger......I like your analogy, it was valid and to the point. This may seem like a wisecrack on your point, but this is my rebuttle. Well sir sense the speed limit was raised has no bearing on your breaking the law. However the officer's radar has been tested and we have found out it is defective. Therefore we can not determine your actual speed. Case dismissed. In real life he is under the whistle blowers law which in this case the US signed as a treaty within Nato because this is not just viewed as a US local problem, but has become a international problem. Hence he could be held for stealing materials out of the work place. And the President can over ride that charge if he deems so.

Location hidden

#18484 Jun 24, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Harve Wall Banger......I like your analogy, it was valid and to the point. This may seem like a wisecrack on your point, but this is my rebuttle. Well sir sense the speed limit was raised has no bearing on your breaking the law. However the officer's radar has been tested and we have found out it is defective. Therefore we can not determine your actual speed. Case dismissed. In real life he is under the whistle blowers law which in this case the US signed as a treaty within Nato because this is not just viewed as a US local problem, but has become a international problem. Hence he could be held for stealing materials out of the work place. And the President can over ride that charge if he deems so.
True if he wasn't providing info to countries that we aren't allied with that we have somewhat strained relationships with. Hence China for now.
exil

Charleston, WV

#18485 Jun 24, 2013
If congress will agree.
Arthur

United States

#18486 Jun 25, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine I want the damn thing repealed myself. But it is law now and he has broken our law as it is. So you are saying in for instance: there is a speed limit of 45 somewhere and you get pulled over and given a ticket. Then the next week before you walk in to see the judge to fight it, they raise the speed limit to 55. You walk into the judge and say I shouldn't get this ticket because the speed limit now is 55. The judge says guilty you broke the speed limit for what it was when you got pulled over, pay the clerk. Laws don't work that way. If you were guilty of the crime then, you are still guilty of the crime at court whether the law has changed or not.
A government that purposely breaks the law is mad this guy broke the law to expose their breaking of the law? A you for real?
Arthur

United States

#18487 Jun 25, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
True if he wasn't providing info to countries that we aren't allied with that we have somewhat strained relationships with. Hence China for now.
More lies. It speaks volumes when you constantly repeat the obvious lies spewed by the government to try and protect their illegal activities.

Location hidden

#18488 Jun 25, 2013
I tell you the government breaks all sort of laws everyday. Who is going to arrest them you. Nope, you are, just like everybody else that gives a shit about this country is going to sit around steamed up, rant and rave, cuss law makers, cry, bitch and whatever else. All of that is not going to change a thing. But individual little guys are always going to be charged to cover the big mans tracks. That is the way government works. Always has and always will. Bit just because we have crooked politicians don't mean everyone else should break laws.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#18489 Jun 25, 2013
For Arthur and Harve Wall Banger. We do not what and if he has said or gave information. We definately can not trust this administration to tell the truth. But the old saying might apply....if you sleep with dogs you are bound to get flees.
1 post removed

“Of Course I Can”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#18491 Jun 25, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
Sundog and Bacon Hater where are you at? I need backup. I am being triple teamed by a couple of light weights.
Arthur's not a light weight, he's just a nut.

;)
YUP

Chico, CA

#18492 Jun 25, 2013
US rulers fear American people

What the disclosures of former CIA contractor Edward Snowden show perhaps above all else is just how petrified the leaders of the United States have become – of ordinary citizens both in the US and around the world. When we say “leaders” we mean the ruling elite – the top one percent of the financial-corporate-military-i ndustrial complex and its bought- and paid-for politicians.

by Finian Cunningham

The international manhunt by the US authorities for Snowden, which has accelerated with his flight to Moscow to evade extradition from Hong Kong, is indicative of the desperation in Washington’s elitist establishment to quash him and what he is revealing about their despotic rule.

Today, the US has evolved into a dystopia, not a democracy, where obscene wealth and privilege stand in the face of massive poverty and misery. One indicator of this abysmal inequality is the fact that the 400 richest Americans have more material wealth than 155 million of their fellow citizens combined. Another datum: some 50 million Americans – a sixth of the population – are surviving on food handouts. Unemployment, homelessness, suicide rates, prescription drug addiction, rampant gun crime all speak in different ways of social meltdown.

American society is collapsing from the sheer weight of its decrepit capitalist economy. The social system is unsustainable. It is like a distended rotten sack that is coming apart at the seams from inexorable burgeoning pressure. This is not unique to the US. All around the world, people are rebelling against the inequity of crony capitalism – there is only one form of capitalism – from Europe to the Arab Middle East, from Turkey to Brazil.

But the US is a phenomenal case in point of collapsing capitalist society. It’s hard to believe that not so long ago, within living memory; the US was regarded as the economic paradigm of the world. Now it more and more resembles a giant sprawling ghetto of unremitting poverty that is interspersed with a few gated rich communities, the latter populated by the top one percent of society.

This is the historical context for fully understanding the significance of gargantuan state surveillance by the elite against the citizenry, as revealed by the NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden. The American ruling class, as with their elite counterparts around the world, are figuratively sitting within their privileged niches and petrified by the mounting discontent “outside”. Through their criminal ransacking and rigging of wealth, the powers-that-be have through their own insatiable greed created a powerful potential enemy -virtually the entire population, both in the US and around the world.

In this highly unstable situation of elites and masses that bankrupt capitalism has furnished,“democracy” can no longer be tolerated by the rulers. That is why the rulers have embarked on massive information gathering, monitoring, spying and surveillance. It is all about maintaining “control” of a precarious and explosive disequilibrium.

One basic duty of any state is to protect its citizens from foreign enemies. Enemies are conventionally understood to be state militaries or non-state terrorist groups. But from Snowden’s revelations of US government surveillance of telecommunications, the vast bulk of America’s spying is on civilians. The phone calls, emails, cyber chats and photos of billions of people all around the world are vacuumed up and stored for analysis. Snowden disclosed in one instance how Chinese hospitals and universities – not military installations – were among the many international civilian targets for American government snooping.

READ MORE
http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2013/06/24/224...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Keiffer 6 min Paul Masley 14
trailer behind foodland (Jan '15) 1 hr Mister Ziffel 9
Expose those dealers in Chesapeake 12 hr Ham Hock 3
gvfd 19 hr Seriously u have ... 11
Chris Foster (Mar '15) 21 hr Junkie1 2
Johnnie Bob & Angie Boggess (Apr '15) 21 hr Mee123456 2
Where is he at 21 hr Mee123456 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages