Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Save light, save coal.”

Since: Sep 09

Clarksburg, WV

#58168 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
hey c est moi ... can you write me a list of what your entitled to because your were born on this planet.
Air, water, food and soil not laden with unsafe chemicals, wild natural places not overrun with machinery, industry, and idiots with guns on ATVs, fair laws for all with no special interests, affordable health care, a living wage, a decent education, and the usual legal rights and freedoms. That will do for starters.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#58169 Jul 29, 2014
Southern Comfort wrote:
http://www.faithofourfathers.n et/
Wow that was dumb. Pilgrims didn't establish this nation. They just began the genocide required.

Our founding fathers weren't Christians. Hence, the amazingly secular founding documents.

Get over it.

Religion is evil and is a direct threat to the survival of civilization, proven in every time and in every place. It never brings propserity, only suffering. Ben Franklin, Thomas Paine, Jefferson, GW - these guys were acutely aware of this fact.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58170 Jul 29, 2014
i was hoping he would say a 44 oz mountain dew and and a new car.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58171 Jul 29, 2014
http://news.msn.com/us/us-senate-bill-propose... holy chit ... i found a democrat whos wanting to keep his job in the senate. hes going against the chief sheep herder ! he even put make up on his face for the photogs. he got my attention. too bad hes probably lying.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58172 Jul 29, 2014
The effect of a higher minimum wage is almost nothing, except for an improved local economy.

Studies look at what happened when cities raised minimum wage

Raising the minimum wage doesn’t have a drastic, negative impact on employment, according to university researchers who have studied pay hikes in other cities.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/202311...

Goo, do you tip waitresses? Or do they all know to spit in your meal now?

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#58173 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>job killer and now, new businesses will avoid that city. it is what it is.
Fitness, there is no kind way for me to tell you this, but here it goes...

You are uncommonly ignorant, and you really have no business taking part in an informed and substantive discussion.

When you raise the minimum wage, individuals have more disposable income to pump into the economy. Keeping them uncommonly poor and destitute doesn't help anyone.

Understand these things Fitness:

1. Most small businesses support raising the minimum wage as they already pay higher than the minimum wage.

2. It is large corporations like Wal-Mart and McDonalds' that can afford to provide a much higher minimum wage, but fight an increase.

3. When minimum wage is raised, all other wages increase as a result.

4. Increases in minimum wage have never resulted in job losses or higher prices for consumer goods.

Now read this and then shut up about denying workers a wage they can afford to eat on.

----------

Regions that have raised minimum wage are experiencing faster job growth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/15/mini...

If you need more evidence that a higher minimum wage won't kill the economy, consider this: The city with one of the highest minimum wages in the country has had faster job growth than any other big city over the past 10 years.

San Francisco's small businesses are growing faster than those of any other big city or the nation as a whole, according to new data from payroll-processor Paychex and research firm IHS. And this is happening despite the fact that, as of January 1, San Francisco's minimum wage was $10.74 an hour, higher than any state minimum wage or the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour.

The chart above compares changes in job-growth rates in the 20 largest metropolitan areas in the country. It shows job growth as an index, with 100 representing the city's growth rate in 2004. A value of 101 means that city's job growth is 1 percent better than it was 10 years ago.

Meanwhile, as you can see in the chart below, Washington leads all states in job-growth acceleration, despite having a minimum wage of $9.32, the highest state minimum wage in the country. And Seattle has the second-best job-growth rate among major cities.

Many small businesses already pay more than minimum wage to attract better workers, so a higher minimum wage isn't necessarily something that would restrict their hiring. In fact, most small-business owners are in favor of raising the minimum wage.

Most minimum-wage workers are employed by large corporations like Walmart and McDonald's, not your local mom-and-pop burger joint or clothing store.

Still, these numbers suggest that higher minimum wages won't necessarily snuff out economic growth, as opponents of raising the national minimum wage claim. And an earlier report in Bloomberg reinforced the message of the Paychex data, suggesting overall job growth in Washington state outpaced the national rate.

“It’s hard to see that the state of Washington has paid a heavy penalty for having a higher minimum wage than the rest of the country,” Gary Burtless, an economist at Brookings Institution, told Bloomberg.

These numbers are especially relevant as President Obama has proposed raising the federal minimum wage to $10.10, a proposal that congressional Republicans have blocked.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58174 Jul 29, 2014
debt... credit card debt. car debt, hospital debt, college debt. now i see why you spend all your time talking about money. youve over extended libbys. i dont feel sorry for you. i enjoy it. go ahead i dare ya .. ask me how much debt i have. seriously ask.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58175 Jul 29, 2014
no deal libbys ... sell your flat screen at the pawn shop to help pay off that 25 grand you foolishly spent on that credit card you cant live without.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58176 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
no deal libbys ... sell your flat screen at the pawn shop to help pay off that 25 grand you foolishly spent on that credit card you cant live without.
Just to save the wear and tear of redundant clicking on my mouse, you may now assume that any post from you gets an automatic Clueless-Nuts-Disagree from me.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58177 Jul 29, 2014
i dont know how your going to worm your way out of paying but bankruptcy laws have changed i think.

Location hidden

#58178 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
debt... credit card debt. car debt, hospital debt, college debt. now i see why you spend all your time talking about money. youve over extended libbys. i dont feel sorry for you. i enjoy it. go ahead i dare ya .. ask me how much debt i have. seriously ask.
So you blame people for incurring healthcare-related debt, but you also do not want any type of healthcare reform for individuals to be able to work and not go into healthcare-related debt?

You also don't seem to know that the over two million Americans going into healthcare debt-related bankruptcies per year (prior to the ACA) had health insurance to begin with.

Also, how many people out there do you think can afford to pay cash for a decent car? Are these the same people you think can live decently on $7.00 an hour?

You need your old, spoiled a ss kicked.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#58179 Jul 29, 2014
im really thinking that you libs are going to have to go on what is called a shoe string budget. since africans can live on a dollar a day i dont see why you cant either. you can use that other 6.25 to pay off that debt. it must feel like a ton of bricks under all that debt.
1 post removed
ucshadydems

Clarksburg, WV

#58181 Jul 29, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the guy who literally has never posted anything except ignorant, confused and nonsensical insults.
Dumb tea baggers. They are funny.
You are hysterical . Do you actually believe your post show us your intellect. Dumb libtards are pittiful.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58182 Jul 29, 2014
What fine upstanding patriots the Republicans are <snark>.

Are Republicans Backed By China? House Republicans Block Critical 'Make It In America' Bill

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/28/1317...

Location hidden

#58183 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
i dont know how your going to worm your way out of paying but bankruptcy laws have changed i think.
You "think" a lot of crazy sh_t.

Bankruptcy laws now prevent individuals from including their student loans in their bankruptcies which is why many experts think the next major "bubble" or crisis this country faces is going to be student-loan debt related.

I personally have a fair amount in student loans from a few degrees, but I now have to go back to school and take on A LOT more debt in hopes of getting a Masters that will hopefully (but probably not) get me a decent job.

That's the system we have going here.
ucshadydems

Clarksburg, WV

#58184 Jul 29, 2014
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
The pursuit of happiness
Clean water
Clean air
Safe food supply
If you want a safe food supply start electing officials against gmo

Location hidden

#58185 Jul 29, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
im really thinking that you libs are going to have to go on what is called a shoe string budget. since africans can live on a dollar a day i dont see why you cant either. you can use that other 6.25 to pay off that debt. it must feel like a ton of bricks under all that debt.
Well Fitness, again, many of us wouldn't know what its like to live without some form of debt considering we aren't spoiled and entitled brats that had everything handed to us.

Some of us have actually had to work two low-paying jobs while going to school full time and still have to send money to our parents to help them out.

There is no upward mobility in this country Fitness, and study after study has proven this.

The problem is that people who have been raised in affluent families have no idea what fair wages are because they have never had to concern themselves about it.

I once dated a spoiled brat who got on at Mylan despite not only having missed an average of 5 -9 days per month during her temping, but also had a grade point average so low she barely got her diploma. This artificial brat never had to work while she was in school, partied every day and then got on at Mylan making well above $30,000 a year and then complained about only getting a pair of binoculars with her $1,000 Christmas bonus instead of a flat screen TV they had received the previous year.

That is the kind of person you are Fitness -- ENTITLED.

It's not the poor in this country that feel entitled -- it's spoiled and lazy brats like yourself who have no idea how luck has played the biggest part in your affluence.

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#58186 Jul 29, 2014
http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA0C1...

Like we've been saying, there are so many other countries where the tea baggers would be happier.

“Save light, save coal.”

Clarksburg, WV

#58187 Jul 29, 2014
Student Loan Debt - One Harsh Reality

Location hidden

#58188 Jul 29, 2014
Another Damn Liberal wrote:
Student Loan Debt - One Harsh Reality
That is some article, but what do you do when you keep getting more education but are completely unable to get a decent wage/benefited job?

I took today off to apply for numerous graduate and undergraduate programs despite my already having a few degrees because I can't waste my time going from non-benefits temp job to temp job.

I'll end up owing as much as the guy in the article does, but what the hell else can one do?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Council meeting 10-16-17 1 hr Leon phelps 1
James Tripplett at it again! 5 hr DeeDee 1
Drug Trash (Oct '14) 9 hr Julio 6
food stamps (Feb '12) 16 hr Seaman 8
Interstate Between KC and Marmet 17 hr Offpissed 4
NEW MAYOR start with Wimper 17 hr MayorBill 13
my son is posessed!!! (May '15) Sun Hosemonster 3

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance