fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45979 Apr 6, 2014
its a train wreck and you liberals know it. millions more are expected to lose the very doctors and insurance they've had since birth.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45980 Apr 6, 2014
poopy guru wrote:
<quoted text>. Well said. I think a lot of these "right wingers" probably got their start watchin FOX NEWS for all the young blond woman and the curious camera angles they inovated. I believe they are just a bunch of perverts who without even realizing what was happening to them got brain-washed from the constant anti goverment- anti Pres. Obama agenda constantly spouted. Republican perverts that's all
you dam straight we love our women. FOX beauties with brains ! now look at yours. http://youtu.be/ZkfeSGibyYc
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45981 Apr 6, 2014
i warned you libbys not to go with your guy. these are obama very neighbors.
i cannot believe you got suckered for a free phone.

Since: Sep 13

Gypsy, WV

#45982 Apr 6, 2014
Are you sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you want independent thinking. Sorry but the facts are the facts, the top 1% pay 95% of all the taxes paid. The top 5% pay 99.4 percent of all paid.
Uh, sorry...you're an idiot. You're also not looking at the whole picture and you're certainly not looking at all taxes including state and local taxes. You really don't want to come to come at me when it comes to taxes. The last research paper I did in college was for political science and based on a comprehensive analysis of who pays taxes in America (I suggest you start with the work of Donald L. Barlett and move from there -- it's where I found out how wealthy individuals such as George Bush Sr. keep residences in states without income taxes to avoid state taxes while living in states with income taxes where sales taxes are low).

Now, I could go into an in depth analysis of American taxation from low income to high income earners, but I'll leave that up to the experts (see below the doted line). I will say that your take on taxation excludes a great many things such as the nature of payroll taxes (the wealthy are only taxed up to certain amount vs. the poor and middle class who are taxed on 100 percent), the fact that the lowest income levels pay the majority of state and local taxes (almost twice the amount of the 1 percent), and of course, let's not forget non-taxable investments or offshore accounts/tax dodges that allow the wealthy to not be taxed on much of their income.

Federal taxes do hit the wealthy harder than poor and working class, but not by much. Even then, those in the 90 - 95 percentile still pay more than the 1 percenters. Also, the whole Mitt Romney 47 percent talking point is a complete fallacy as most Americans pay between 25 percent and 30 percent of their income in taxes vs. Mitt's 13.9 percent.

So I guess I really don't understand what your not very accurate point is. Are you saying the wealthy should not pay their fair share and the middle class should keep paying more of their income in taxes? Because the countries that have better healthcare, better wages, better standards of living in general, tax the hell out of their rich. Why are we sacrificing civilization so millionaires and billionaires can get out paying their fair share?

Also, you're a racist misogynist.
----------
At the heart of the debate over "the 47 percent" is an awful abuse of tax data.

This entire conversation is the result of a (largely successful) effort to redefine the debate over taxes from "how much in taxes do you pay" to "how much in federal income taxes do you pay?" This is good framing if you want to cut taxes on the rich. It's bad framing if you want to have even a basic understanding of who pays how much in taxes.

There's a reason some would prefer that more limited conversation. For most Americans, payroll and state and local taxes make up the majority of their tax bill. The federal income tax, by contrast, is our most progressive tax -- it's the tax we've designed to place the heaviest burden on the rich while bypassing the poor. And we've done that, again, because the working class is already paying a fairly high tax bill through payroll and state and local taxes.

But most people don't know very much about the tax code. And the federal income tax is still our most famous tax. So when they hear that half of Americans aren't paying federal income taxes, they're outraged -- even if they're among the folks who have a net negative tax burden! After all, they know they're paying taxes, and there's no reason for normal human beings to assume that the taxes getting taken out of their paycheck every week and some of the taxes they pay at the end of the year aren't classified as "federal income taxes."

Con't below...

Gypsy, WV

#45983 Apr 6, 2014
Tax analysis article con't...

Confining the discussion to the federal income tax plays another role, too: It makes the tax code look much more progressive than it actually is.

Take someone who makes $4 million dollars a year and someone who makes $40,000 a year. The person making $4 million dollars, assuming he's not doing some Romney-esque planning, is paying a 35 percent tax on most of that money. The person making $40,000 is probably paying no income tax at all. So that makes the system look really unfair to the rich guy.

That's the basic analysis of the 47 percent line. And it's a basic analysis that serves a purpose: It makes further tax cuts for the rich sound more reasonable.

But what if we did the same thing for the payroll tax? Remember, the payroll tax only applies to first $110,100 or so, our rich friends is only paying payroll taxes on 2.7 percent of his income. The guy making $40,000? He's paying payroll taxes on every dollar of his income. Now who's not getting a fair shake?

Which is why, if you want to understand who's paying what in taxes, you don't want to just look at federal income taxes, or federal payroll taxes, or state sales taxes -- you want to look at total taxes. And, luckily, the tax analysis group Citizens for Tax Justice keeps those numbers. So here is total taxes -- which includes corporate taxes, income taxes, payroll taxes, state sales taxes, and more -- paid by different income groups and broken into federal and state and local burdens:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

As you can see, the poorer you are, the more state and local taxes bite into your income. As you get richer, those taxes recede, and you're mainly getting hit be federal taxes. So that's another lesson: When you omit state and local taxes from your analysis, you're omitting the taxes that hit lower-income taxpayers hardest.

But here is really the only tax graph you need: It's total tax burden by income group. And as you'll see, every income group is paying something, and the rich aren't paying much more, as a percentage of their incomes, then the middle class.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

That's really what the American tax system looks like: Not 47 percent paying nothing, but everybody paying something, and most Americans paying between 25 percent and 30 percent of their income -- which is, by the way, a lot more the 13.9 percent Mitt Romney paid in 2011*.

When politicians try to convince you that half of Americans aren't really paying taxes, it's usually because the real data undermines their preferred policies. For instance, you wouldn't look at these numbers and think tax cuts for the rich need to be a huge priority. And that's one reason people who want more tax cuts for the rich don't like to show you these numbers.

* Romney's 13.9 percent rate only counts his federal taxes. He hasn't released his state and local returns for 2011, so we can't say how that would change his total tax rate. But given the state and local averages for someone in his income group, it's likely to remain well below the 25-30 percent that is typical.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45984 Apr 6, 2014
the democratic party has enslaved you. dont profess to me how your lives have gotten any better. you and your leader are spending money you dont have. its time you call obama on the obama phone and get your foodstamps cut off and quit taking government chit. it makes you dependant.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45985 Apr 6, 2014
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/09/19/food-stam... obama is enslaving you poor libbys. he has food stamp recruiters out to make you dependent !

Gypsy, WV

#45986 Apr 6, 2014
And that's another thing. The conservative wealthy are brainwashing you idiots into thinking that everything from Social Security to Medicare needs abolished due to cost, but the fact is that we have deficits because these a**holes are paying half of what you do in taxes as a percentage of their income.

You are hurting yourselves, your families, and future generations by not making these scumballs pay their fair share in order to keep our society strong through programs like Social Security which lifted two thirds of the elderly out of dire poverty when first enacted.

We must have Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security for country not to continue falling into a third world status and you ignorant Fox "News" yahoos are on board with these asses?

Given that the majority of industrialized nations can have nationalized healthcare, securities and pensions, and minimum wages that are twice that of America's without running at deficits, do you really think it's impossible for our country to do the same?

Seriously, what in the f*ck is wrong with you douchebags? You are destroying this country by blindly following Fox "News" right-wing talking points handed to Roger Ailes directly from Rupert Murdock and the Koch brothers and you don't even question the fact that the majority of talking heads on Fox are uneducated bimbos and idiots like Hannity that barely got their high school diploma?

Christ, you folks are brain dead.

Gypsy, WV

#45987 Apr 6, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/ 09/19/food-stamp-participation -doubled-among-able-bodied-adu lts-after-obama-suspended-work -requirement/ obama is enslaving you poor libbys. he has food stamp recruiters out to make you dependent !
No Fitness. It's America's low minimum wage that makes the poor dependent.
George

Milton, WV

#45988 Apr 6, 2014
Spacey and his narcissistic rants are getting old. He is brainwashed to spew his cult propaganda. A genius in his own mind, the rest of us know he is a delusional mentally ill idiot. A guy who sings the praises of the ACA but cant AFFORD to get insurance under the AFFORDABLE care act. LOL Someone who cant afford the AFFORDABLE Care and jumps up and down screaming how great it is. If that is a sheeple cult member I dont know what is. Someone who claimed he signed up but now we find he didnt actually sign up. I wonder if they counted him in that 7 million. How many other just like him who didnt actually get insurance because it was too EXPENSIVE. I guess when the insurance company bailouts come we will know the truth. We certainly wont get anything truthful from this lawless and corrupt administration.
George

Milton, WV

#45989 Apr 6, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
http://blog.heritage.org/2012/ 09/19/food-stamp-participation -doubled-among-able-bodied-adu lts-after-obama-suspended-work -requirement/ obama is enslaving you poor libbys. he has food stamp recruiters out to make you dependent !
Whats up with all the earthquakes?

(Reuters)- Earthquakes rattled residents in Oklahoma on Saturday, the latest in a series that have put the state on track for record quake activity this year, which some seismologists say may be tied to oil and gas exploration.

One earthquake recorded at 3.8 magnitude by the U.S. Geological Survey rocked houses in several communities around central Oklahoma at 7:42 a.m. local time. Another about two hours earlier in the same part of the state, north of Oklahoma City, was recorded at 2.9 magnitude, USGS said.

Those two were preceded by two more, at 2.6 magnitude, and 2.5 magnitude, that also rolled the landscape in central Oklahoma early Saturday morning. A 3.0 magnitude tremor struck late Friday night in that area as well, following a 3.4 magnitude hit Friday afternoon.

Austin Holland, a seismologist with the Oklahoma Geological Survey who tracks earthquake activity for the USGS, said the earthquake activity in the state is soaring.

"We have had almost as many magnitude 3 and greater already in 2014 than we did for all of 2013," Holland said.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45990 Apr 6, 2014
the government has to grow in order to administer and take care of you. is this what you libs want ? higher taxes to pay these people ? now you have the IRS doing the health care. are you out of you minds ? is that what you want ?

Gypsy, WV

#45991 Apr 6, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
the democratic party has enslaved you. dont profess to me how your lives have gotten any better. you and your leader are spending money you dont have. its time you call obama on the obama phone and get your foodstamps cut off and quit taking government chit. it makes you dependant.
Not reforming our healthcare system is the definition of spending "money we don't have." Do I have to remind you again Fitness that 36 countries with better healthcare outcomes than America not only cover more people, but do so paying much less than America does?

We must implement a one-payer system.
poopy guru

Huntington, WV

#45992 Apr 6, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
<quoted text>spacy weve been calling you obama liberals sheeple for a very long time so dont turn it around and call us sheep. think up your own word. we already had a health care system before obama was born.. we had insurance health companies for 100 years. obama screwed up. now those same insurance companyies are kicking us off.
. Man somebody hit a nerve. Don't use our nicknames sheeple is our word, are you freakin kidding me, are you 12 years old? You know what else is yours ? A federal health care plan like what your hero Mitt did in his state. But all we got from the Bush era was war, many thousands of dead soldiers and endless talk about healthcare. But let's talk about 4 dead Americans instead of thousands you p o s there, hope your head explodes. If it does I'm sure you have or ought to have decent health insurance hanks to the Democratic Party. Now let's hear from ya all hail Drug addict Rush laird#%s

Gypsy, WV

#45993 Apr 6, 2014
No one's listening to you George. You've lied way too often to be taken seriously.

Also, I have stated a thousand times that I have supported a number of aspects of the Affordable Care Act, but not the individual mandate.

Health insurance is a right and not a privilege of the wealthy in any advanced and well-run society.

Also, remind me George, what is your favored alternative to the ACA?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45994 Apr 6, 2014
several hours ago i mentioned how the libbys are afflicted. now space cowboy is using what is part of his problem. do you see he quotes the washinton post ? http://www.aim.org/aim-column/the-washington-... see what i mean people ? liberals are indeed afflicted by the liberal written word too so its not just MSNBC but a whole lot of different sources. they preach bullchit. im sorry i dont do full blown libby, i research, i dont take libbyism as fact.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45995 Apr 6, 2014
in cowboys defense. im glad he posted sources that way i can nail him better.
1 post removed
poopy guru

Huntington, WV

#45997 Apr 6, 2014
Its not just msnbc its the whole world of media being wrong. You know when I was a little boy and misunderstood something my dad would say do you think the whole world is wrong but you?

Gypsy, WV

#45998 Apr 6, 2014
fitness-guru wrote:
several hours ago i mentioned how the libbys are afflicted. now space cowboy is using what is part of his problem. do you see he quotes the washinton post ? http://www.aim.org/aim-column/the-washington-... see what i mean people ? liberals are indeed afflicted by the liberal written word too so its not just MSNBC but a whole lot of different sources. they preach bullchit. im sorry i dont do full blown libby, i research, i dont take libbyism as fact.
I doubt you take the brain's need for oxygen as fact.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#45999 Apr 6, 2014
Space-Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
No Fitness. It's America's low minimum wage that makes the poor dependent.
yes the low wage makes them dependent. at least their working and when their working i dont mind giving them a fifty cent raise but you aint getting a dime more. you want more then improve yourselves or search for more pay . we dont owe you nothing. if you have that kind of attitude your fired. you dont get high wages for being born. the entitlment game is over. now get out of my office and go to work..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
walmart 12 hr grose 9
Sara Lucas 12 hr Curious 1
Who is running for mayor in Chesapeake? (Feb '14) 15 hr Jay 20
patrick elswick 18 hr MrsE 12
Remey Workman 20 hr yes 29
98th St (Sep '13) 20 hr jwcjw 5
quincy mcdonalds Mon ya know 8
More from around the web

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE