Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#34315 Dec 12, 2013
Space-Cowboy wrote:
Oh, and while I'm here, I would like to give kudos to the liberals who are fighting the good fight by not letting conservatives dominate the discussion with arbitrary and patently false bullsh*t; however, in the interest of objectivity, I would also like to point out that America consists of roughly 300 million Americans and it is two million of those Americans who go bankrupt every year due to medical bills alone.
I know that number is still way too big regardless, and I know that many millions more are in danger of going bankrupt due to medical bills, but I just wanted to point out that the correct number is two million and rising rather than 80+ million which I believe I have seen some of the liberals on this thread argue.
Again, I understand the ethical, financial, and general economic problems with the private insurance paradigm, and I know that America will have to eventually implement a one-payer system, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knows the facts because as liberal Democrats, we are the ones who use facts to back up our points rather than generalizations.
I have never seen anyone state that 80+ million go bankrupt over medical bills. You're misreading. They FACE BANKRUPTCY every day in the event of an illness or injury serious enough to warrant a hospitalization because they either have no insurance or are grossly underinsured. 84 million of them, every day.
George

Nettie, WV

#34316 Dec 12, 2013
Space-Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
George, that is 100 percent bullsh*t. First, you are talking about what is a relatively low number of illegals, and that number has absolutely no effect on wages nationwide. Second, most of these illegal aliens do jobs that most Americans do not want to do and they do it for less money. Third, illegal immigration from Mexico is at an all time historical low and this has in part been attributed to the fact that wages in America have remained stagnant for so long that it isn't as much of a benefit for them to come to America any longer.
You can pull bullsh*t out of your a** all night, but no informed person is going to agree with you and that includes the majority of economists. It is simply a non-issue: they do work that Americans won't do, and they do it for less. That has absolutely effect on nationwide wages AT ALL, and there isn't a single instance of objective and quantifiable data that will back up what you are saying. This is about irrational hate and the need to find a scapegoat other than yourselves for America's current status.
More lies and BS from the lying punk who defends illegal job stealers that drive down American wages. MILLIONS of jobs they steal from American every year. I wonder if those Americans who jobs are stolen think millions of illegals is a relatively low number. I wonder if those people fighting for higher minimum wage think illegal who will work f EVEN LESS has no impact on their salary. Der de der.
George

Nettie, WV

#34317 Dec 12, 2013
fitness-guru wrote:
http://youtu.be/1xKszab62MY
Loved it when he asked if he would mind if an illegal took his job. That is why people like space cadet can say its no big deal. Space cadet doesnt even HAVE a job for an illegal to steal, he quit because he couldnt get his position of choice. Truth is an illegal probably already took the position he wanted so now he is out a job and on the dole. LOL
George

Nettie, WV

#34318 Dec 12, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen anyone state that 80+ million go bankrupt over medical bills. You're misreading. They FACE BANKRUPTCY every day in the event of an illness or injury serious enough to warrant a hospitalization because they either have no insurance or are grossly underinsured. 84 million of them, every day.
Hahaha even space called you out on your flat out DECEPTION. You have no integrity , it appears spacey does at least have some.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#34319 Dec 12, 2013
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#34320 Dec 12, 2013
do you libs see that ? huh ? this story is a CNN lib channel story.
George

Nettie, WV

#34321 Dec 12, 2013
I must say Spacey that you earned some respect from me tonight by calling out the 84 million number baco throws out all the time. I have done it before, but he continues to try and mislead with it. I know it probably wasnt easy considering, but people of integrity speak the truth even when it is uncomfortable.
1 post removed
firness-guru

Norman, OK

#34323 Dec 12, 2013
the facts you libbys claim don't mesh well with the liberal news reporters now do they. how are you going to worm your way out of this one ? illegal Mexicans must leave and Obama took an oath to follow federal laws. protect us mr. president. secure our borders.
George

Nettie, WV

#34324 Dec 12, 2013
firness-guru wrote:
the facts you libbys claim don't mesh well with the liberal news reporters now do they. how are you going to worm your way out of this one ? illegal Mexicans must leave and Obama took an oath to follow federal laws. protect us mr. president. secure our borders.
Was interesting in the CNN report that they pointed out what I have been saying, that the illegal are seriously hurting our OWN poor, unskilled, and uneducated workers. With this flood of illegal slave labor it screw our own poor unskilled workers right out of a job and better pay, then they end up draining our safety system. ANother double whammy. Lets face reality that illegals are hurting our own country and our own citizens. We can not help everyone in the world, we must help our OWN first, then we can worry about trying to fix everyone elses in the worlds problems. Want to help our poor and low wage workers???? Stop the illegals by SEVERELY punishing employers who hire them. WOnt take but a couple convictions and problem will solve itself. When the penalties for hiring illegals is greater then the risk for hiring them, PROBLEM SOLVED.
1 post removed

“Our founders”

Since: May 13

NEVER COMPLIED

#34326 Dec 12, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>Was interesting in the CNN report that they pointed out what I have been saying, that the illegal are seriously hurting our OWN poor, unskilled, and uneducated workers. With this flood of illegal slave labor it screw our own poor unskilled workers right out of a job and better pay, then they end up draining our safety system. ANother double whammy. Lets face reality that illegals are hurting our own country and our own citizens. We can not help everyone in the world, we must help our OWN first, then we can worry about trying to fix everyone elses in the worlds problems. Want to help our poor and low wage workers???? Stop the illegals by SEVERELY punishing employers who hire them. WOnt take but a couple convictions and problem will solve itself. When the penalties for hiring illegals is greater then the risk for hiring them, PROBLEM SOLVED.
Everyone agrees we need to change our immigration system The democrats and Republicans are considering rational approaches - securing borders, improving paper time for legal immigrants, giving illegals a reason to come out instead of hide, improving employer oversight, and Obama is already deporting at a higher rate than we've seen in decades. George is advocating irrational, impossible bullshit. We could say that any employer who is proven beyond all reasonable doubt to have knowingly hired an illegal gets the death penalty, and know what difference it would make? NONE.
George

Charleston, WV

#34327 Dec 12, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone agrees we need to change our immigration system The democrats and Republicans are considering rational approaches - securing borders, improving paper time for legal immigrants, giving illegals a reason to come out instead of hide, improving employer oversight, and Obama is already deporting at a higher rate than we've seen in decades. George is advocating irrational, impossible bullshit. We could say that any employer who is proven beyond all reasonable doubt to have knowingly hired an illegal gets the death penalty, and know what difference it would make? NONE.
The fact that you dismiss a completely rational and extremely simple fix shows me you know darn well it would work. We ALL know it would work, that is why they wont do it and you are so eager to dismiss it. What would be the harm of making it a felony with a huge fine to knowingly hire an illegal? Nothing at all, except then the problem would be solved and the cheap slave labor would be gone. American companies would actually have to pay a decent wage and Americans would have jobs. The cost of trying this solution? ALmost nothing. The cost to our economy and citizens for not even trying it???? Tremendous.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#34328 Dec 12, 2013
Bacon bit........Seems like your liberal news station seems to agree with me and yet I am considered a racist by open eyes and you. It is called common sense and economics. And sorry but documented workers pay taxes and not illegals unless the have identity theft. If we allow it then the ISA and this administration are harboring lawbreakers. They then should be easy to pick up and deport. I seen your tone changed when CNN reported what has been said about illegal immagrants. Now what sheeple, race baiter, liar, hypocrite and bigot.
George

Nettie, WV

#34329 Dec 12, 2013
https://twitter.com/JR_Delage/status/41127189...

Hahahaha I bet some people from this room are in that picture.
George

Nettie, WV

#34330 Dec 12, 2013
2 posts removed

Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#34333 Dec 13, 2013
I became bitter because of the hatred generally associated with the Republican Party and their love of God. A party based upon: homophobia, xenophobia, racism, oppression as well as violence seems to be the norm, regardless of sex or age.
A story written by reporter Sarah Jones titled-What Do You Do With a 16-Year-Old Who Calls for the Assassination of Obama? Is proof positive that the conservative party is not the party of Abraham Lincoln, Dwight Eisenhower, Ricard Nixon or arguably, Ronald Reagan. It has morphed into some evil entity that even Richard Nixon would shudder at.
Alyssa Douglas, a 16-year-old girl was questioned by the Secret Service and most likely, not be charged for making a threat, seemed to have a hatred for a man she knows nothing about, except what is spewed from Fox News or other conservative media. Her photo shows a happy-go-lucky girl who probably typed what she wrote as a naive and gullible teen. But her actions are leading to her eventual path everyone fears to follow… prison.
Many wondered why would she tweet:
@Alyssa_Douglas: Someone needs to assassinate Obama…like ASAP #DieYouPieceOfShit
This is sad. Teach your children to hate. Take their innocence away, take their childhood away.
This is how you creat a tea bagger. Replace the love and compassion in their hearts with hate.
2 posts removed

Ravenswood

#34336 Dec 13, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Melissa.......I agree a child should not say such things. But maybe there is more then the tid bit that you have wrote. Maybe her family has struggled so bad sense Obama took office that she is lashing out unproductively. You far left liberals do not believe the hurt this president has put on families. You go by your stats and believe lies that comes from this administration. Let me reiterate that I do not agree with a child saying this.
A child is taught hate. Even a poor child. Children don't know how to hate, they are taught hate. You can try to spin your shit but you know I'm right.

Ravenswood

#34337 Dec 13, 2013
Where is the post Roo just posted with Michael Savage? He's a bigger raciest than Limbaugh. And so is Roo.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#34338 Dec 13, 2013
Melissa.......I am not spinning. It is a plain fact that most of America is fas worse off then they were when Obama took office. And to your dismay that every president has had people that have wanted them no longer in office through the grave. So grow up and see reality.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#34339 Dec 13, 2013
http://youtu.be/KHHqAsrJDjw heres one for you bush/racist blamers.

Ravenswood

#34340 Dec 13, 2013
It's a plain

With the stock market hitting new highs, some people have already forgotten about the Great Recession.

Recall 2009. Things looked pretty bleak economically.

But the outlook has changed dramatically in just 4 years. And it has been a boon for investors, as even the safest indices have yielded a 250% return (>25% annualized compound return:)

Even for small investors, such as those limited to their 401(k) or IRA investments, the average annual compound return on stocks under President Obama has been more than 24% since the lows of March, 2009. This is a better result than either Clinton, Reagan or FDR – who were the prior winners in our book.
Significantly, in 2000 America had a budget surplus. By 2009 surpluses were long gone and the country was racking up historic deficits as taxes were cut while simultaneously outlays for defense skyrocketed to cover costs of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Additionally, banks were on the edge of failing due to unregulated real estate speculation and massive derivative losses.

Today the Congressional Budget Office is reporting a $200B decrease in the deficit almost entirely due to increased revenue from a growing economy and higher taxes on the wealthiest Americans. The deficit is now only 4% of the GDP, down from over 10% at the end of Bush’s administration – and projections are for it to be only 2% by 2015 (before Obama leaves office.) America’s “debt problem” seems largely solved, and almost all due to growth rather than austerity.

Besides all that, we are talking about what tea baggers teach their children (and other people's children, if they are allowed to watch their hatred remarks. Children learn by example.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Samantha Lowe-good or bad?!? (Jan '17) 1 hr Corey adkins 35
It's Corey Adkins who doesn't my family meet me... 1 hr Corey adkins 2
Whitney Thompson aka armstrong (Dec '15) 2 hr Corey adkins 39
Amber Mullins (Jul '11) 4 hr Corey adkins 13
Corey is here on topix to dog gossipers 4 hr Corey adkins 1
Jessica white sells her body 4 hr Corey adkins 1
Jesse hall Daniel o Steven who are they? 4 hr Corey adkins 1

Chesapeake Jobs

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages