Since: Sep 13

Ravenswood

#30756 Nov 14, 2013
I have a serious question. What would you do if a Muslim tried to convert you to his religion, even going as far to have a "benefit"? How do you handle something like this?
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#30757 Nov 14, 2013
WASHINGTON (AP)-- U.S. mobility for young adults has fallen to the lowest level in more than 50 years as cash-strapped 20-somethings shun home-buying and refrain from major moves in a weak job market.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CEN...
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#30758 Nov 14, 2013
Obamacare enrollment low; Democrats unhappy

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEA...
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#30759 Nov 14, 2013
Leaked document adds to US-led trade deal doubts
With just over six weeks left in 2013, U.S. lawmakers are raising objections to granting President Barack Obama authority to negotiate such a wide-ranging agreement

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/leaked-documen...
beautifulmind

Heraklion, Greece

#30760 Nov 14, 2013
George wrote:
We can save thousands of children if we just "regulate" Palestinian terrorists into non-existence.
so you're advocating genocide. wow, go you.

Hitler is waiting to give you a high five in hell.

Genocide is "the deliberate and systematic destruction, in whole or in part, of an ethnic, racial, caste, religious, or national group"
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#30761 Nov 14, 2013
New polls out America trust fox news more than Obama

Fox News is the most trusted source of information on the new health care law for 19% of Americans ahead of President Obama and other major networks.

https://today.yougov.com/news/2013/11/12/fox-...
beautifulmind

Heraklion, Greece

#30762 Nov 14, 2013
George wrote:
<quoted text>The Palestinians are baby murdering terrorist scumbags by choice. How dare you say it is in their DNA.
you are, by far, the worst/most hateful, ignorant, ugly person that posts on this forum.
beautifulmind

Heraklion, Greece

#30763 Nov 14, 2013
Melissa Harris The 2nd wrote:
I have a serious question. What would you do if a Muslim tried to convert you to his religion, even going as far to have a "benefit"? How do you handle something like this?
well, i love learning about religions. so i would listen to him and discuss the part of the Quran I have read. I would also like to know how he feels about Christianity and the similarities between the two religions.

It's quite surprising, the Quran and the Bible have the same stories from the Old Testament. Jews, Christians, and Muslims all worship the same God, the God of Abraham. i wouldn't convert though, i have my own spiritual thing going on.
beautifulmind

Heraklion, Greece

#30764 Nov 14, 2013
Leighla wrote:
WASHINGTON (AP)-- U.S. mobility for young adults has fallen to the lowest level in more than 50 years as cash-strapped 20-somethings shun home-buying and refrain from major moves in a weak job market.
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_CEN...
"Generation Wait" haha i love that.

i've been putting off getting my masters degree because i've seen my friends before me go through all the stress/work and procure massive debt, only to graduate and find out there's no job waiting for them. so then they're stuck with a sh*tty job ad have to move home or live in poverty. not cool. i'd rather stay debt free (paid off undergrad, yay!) and living a care free lifestyle. there's no need to put so much stress on myself for essentially no reason. grad school can kiss it. maybe when i'm in my late 20's or early 30's i'll go back.

as for marriage/home/babies, psh. who can afford that? we're all screwed.
Leighla

Clarksburg, WV

#30765 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
i've been putting off getting my masters degree because i've seen my friends before me go through all the stress/work and procure massive debt, only to graduate and find out there's no job waiting for them. so then they're stuck with a sh*tty job ad have to move home or live in poverty. not cool. i'd rather stay debt free (paid off undergrad, yay!) and living a care free lifestyle. there's no need to put so much stress on myself for essentially no reason. grad school can kiss it. maybe when i'm in my late 20's or early 30's i'll go back.
I do not see it getting any better any time soon. Good idea to stay away from student loans as much as you can.

Ravenswood

#30766 Nov 14, 2013
beautifulmind wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive debt, someone here called me a liar for saying that. My opinion, get your masters, things may happen later on, good or bad, but at least you will have something no one can ever take away. And you may want to go on for your PhD, you seem very intelligent and young. I'm telling you the same thing I told my kids and grandkids.

Ravenswood

#30767 Nov 14, 2013
And I have a better outlook for the future. When you have an education, you do have choices, maybe not as many as we'd like. And, if you just happen to find that partner and want children, you'll be ready.
I have 5 children who have degrees and 4 with families. They aren't rice but they are comfortable, but they all have spouses who are educated. Hope this help.

Ravenswood

#30768 Nov 14, 2013
The Treasury Department reported this week that the federal budget deficit for the current fiscal year is $680 billion, a drop of over $400 billion since 2012. Overall, the deficit is less than half of what it was at when President Obama took office in 2009 and the economy was in a free-fall. It represents the fastest deficit decline since the end of World War II. In reality, spending cuts are slowing economic growth significantly and contributing to stubbornly high levels of long-term unemployment.

http://www.afscme.org/issues/legislative-week...

“Bacon says: I love you”

Since: Oct 13

Mommy and Daddy

#30769 Nov 14, 2013
And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
And, if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program (for humans). But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.
REPUBLICANS HATE WOMEN, POOR AND ELDERY AND THE VETS
The are going down!!!!!
Stupid, ignorant sheeple. You are exactly the type of person that the government needs to be helping. You are definitely too much of a moron to be responsible for yourself. Pitiful!
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30770 Nov 14, 2013
South Dakota Moves To Legalize Killing Abortion Providers
A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term of victims of rape, stalking and domestic violence to "accuser." !! But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."
Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies and kids.
Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
Maryland Republicans ended all county money for low-income kids' preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.!!
Do you know what would counter all these cuts you cry about? It is called jobs and not the part time jobs Obama is boasting about. People working means pride in ones self

Ravenswood

#30771 Nov 14, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid, ignorant sheeple. You are exactly the type of person that the government needs to be helping. You are definitely too much of a moron to be responsible for yourself. Pitiful!
You lie. You are a sheeple moron. Unintelligent, uninformed bigot.

Ravenswood

#30772 Nov 14, 2013
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/11/06/2...

Still didn't help Virginia Republicans. Lol
1 post removed
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30774 Nov 14, 2013
106,185 signed up which is 1.5% of their goal. They blame the web site, which is their fault and can only handle a dismal 20,000 at a time. The moronic left said that Romney's started out slow. They are comparing apples to oranges. They researched more and took 3 years to implement. Obamacare has had 3 plus years and can not make a web site. Did not have the penalties and did not kick people off their plans and lied about it. This administration put restrictions on the tax law so insurance companies had to comply but turn around in true left wing style and blame the companies. But the sheeple follow and have no common sense. It is plain and simple that even 30 democrats are jumping ship.
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30775 Nov 14, 2013
Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. She needs government to run her life and make decisions for her on healthcare and life. She needs bacon boy to follow and he is the biggest liar and race baiter on here. Bacon loser has been bringing up race a lot lately and wants to blame others for being racist. But she thinks he is so smart. Melissa is the true meaning of SHEEPLE
Well Duh

Harrisonburg, VA

#30776 Nov 14, 2013
http://thinkprogress.org/justi ce/2013/11/06/2898201/high-cap acity-magazines-giveaway-vote/
Still didn't help Virginia Republicans. Lol
You are right. They should have done the democrat way and gave out $5 wine and drove them to the polls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking good 3 hr dude 1
quincy business 4 hr love her 18
Cemetery 4 hr Stephen 1
Nick Confere 6 hr CallinUOut 42
Who Should Be Next Coach at Riverside? 6 hr Joe Manchin 18
Mark Alderman 7 hr Ciara 27
Buddy Tessling u gotta stop the lying 7 hr 1eyedsnake 4
Chesapeake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web