Chesapeake VFD stays mum on audit

Chesapeake VFD stays mum on audit

There are 5 comments on the Charleston Daily Mail story from Mar 26, 2012, titled Chesapeake VFD stays mum on audit. In it, Charleston Daily Mail reports that:

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - Ninety days after Kanawha County commissioners unanimously voted to audit the Chesapeake Volunteer Fire Department, they have yet to get so much as a peek at the department's books.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Daily Mail.

wonder why

Charleston, WV

#1 Mar 26, 2012
I think fat boy pj needs to let em in so they can see what's goin on
leery

Cedar Grove, WV

#2 Aug 3, 2012
Most players for years have known there is something amiss at that bingo hall. You can see about 200 $5 pack of early bird games being sold (half and half)so a winner should get about $100 for each game - correct? NOPE - they are lucky to get $20. Same way with end of night winnter take all. There was a $10,000 lucky 7 game for YEARS - but once PJ's wife and friend won it (They split and same friend was CLOSE with the caller who called the game off that night too)- it was never raised to that much again!! Also one night the same friend of PJ's wife told a raffle seller she had the "3" and he said it was the winner and as she went to take it out of her billfold - he told her NO WAIT, til I sell them all. I actually saw the tip #3 as she pulled it out but since I don't do tips - wasn't anything to me. People need to know the businesses that sell raffles can tell the buyer what the winner will be for each of them by some type of code, etc.

So that is the thousands monthly stole over years according to my view anyway - part of it. So the charity and the tax department are not the only losers from that game!!! Oh and look at the huge new house PJ bought and their vehicles. His family has friends in police department (His father was one) and probably in other political areas for this to go on for so long.
They are all crooks

Charleston, WV

#3 Aug 3, 2012
wonder why wrote:
I think fat boy pj needs to let em in so they can see what's goin on
If someone would audit most of these little fire departments, Belle, Malden, Cheylan, Cedar Grove, etc. they would find alot of fraud going on with the money. I wish the tax departments would look at their books, it would be interesting to see who is stealing money. If I was a betting man, I bet you would see alot of theives out there.
Mista Mista

Charleston, WV

#4 Aug 3, 2012
Someone needs to look at Smithers FD. They receive funding from Kanawha County. According to the mayor of Smithers, the fire chief took FD funds to pay his personal bills. That is just wrong. Even if he got caught and paid it back. It was like $4000. Why would he not be charged?
cottageville

Winfield, WV

#5 Aug 3, 2012
Cottageville in Jackson county is by far the worst in Jackson. The girl that takes care of the money has a nice vehicle and spends money like it grows on trees. She is an emt and doesn't make near that much money!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 26 min RSM 4,195
Does anyone know who owns a grey car with ozzy ... 8 hr Wondering 5
Hudnalls up horesmill 14 hr Truth 11
Facebook 16 hr Just peachy 3
R-Side Football _ 2017 19 hr Warrior Fan 7
Cheif Firing (Jun '16) 19 hr Chunk 56
Just wondering Fri Just wondering 1

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance