Marmet Police Dept. unequivocally ina...

Marmet Police Dept. unequivocally inadequate

Posted in the Chesapeake Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ms Cross

Racine, WV

#1 Apr 5, 2014
On January 14, 2014, a 2001 Chevy Silverado was stolen from a man in Marmet. The Man immediately contacted Marmet City Police. The man was told by one of the officers in Marmet that he should just forget about the truck, it was gone. Nearly three months later, the vehicle has yet to be recovered. Marmet City Police have yet to turn a wheel to investigate the crime. Nearly three months later, the two men who stole the vehicle have been incarcerated by the Boone County Sheriffs Department on unrelated theft charges. Both are being held without bond at this time. However, the BCSD has collected substantial evidence in regards to the vehicle stolen in Marmet, including video recordings captured by a local business in Comfort, WV. Cpt D. Sutphin stated he had spoken with officer's in Marmet on several occasions and advised them of the evidence they had acquired with the expectation that Marmet officials would step up to the plate and have warrants issued. The neighboring county did all the leg work, even have the thieves detained at SWRJ. Marmet City Police officers have yet to turn a wheel. So, my question is, what is it going to take to get justice served for the citizens in Marmet? Are they scared? Lazy? or just straight up do not give a flip? How many more robberies, senseless murders, car thefts etc is it going to take being so blatantly ignored before law enforcement in Marmet are actually made to do their jobs? A day after this man's truck was stolen, the owner of the vehicle himself had already learned the identity of the thieves, AND recovered a few of his tools that had been in his truck. Had Marmet P.D. pursued the vehicle at the time it was stolen, it might have been returned to it's devastated owner by now. He states he is in the process of retaining an attorney with the intention of requiring Marmet officials be held accountable for their actions, or lack of, rather. Pathetic, utterly pathetic
idiots

Charleston, WV

#2 Apr 6, 2014
Ms Cross wrote:
On January 14, 2014, a 2001 Chevy Silverado was stolen from a man in Marmet. The Man immediately contacted Marmet City Police. The man was told by one of the officers in Marmet that he should just forget about the truck, it was gone. Nearly three months later, the vehicle has yet to be recovered. Marmet City Police have yet to turn a wheel to investigate the crime. Nearly three months later, the two men who stole the vehicle have been incarcerated by the Boone County Sheriffs Department on unrelated theft charges. Both are being held without bond at this time. However, the BCSD has collected substantial evidence in regards to the vehicle stolen in Marmet, including video recordings captured by a local business in Comfort, WV. Cpt D. Sutphin stated he had spoken with officer's in Marmet on several occasions and advised them of the evidence they had acquired with the expectation that Marmet officials would step up to the plate and have warrants issued. The neighboring county did all the leg work, even have the thieves detained at SWRJ. Marmet City Police officers have yet to turn a wheel. So, my question is, what is it going to take to get justice served for the citizens in Marmet? Are they scared? Lazy? or just straight up do not give a flip? How many more robberies, senseless murders, car thefts etc is it going to take being so blatantly ignored before law enforcement in Marmet are actually made to do their jobs? A day after this man's truck was stolen, the owner of the vehicle himself had already learned the identity of the thieves, AND recovered a few of his tools that had been in his truck. Had Marmet P.D. pursued the vehicle at the time it was stolen, it might have been returned to it's devastated owner by now. He states he is in the process of retaining an attorney with the intention of requiring Marmet officials be held accountable for their actions, or lack of, rather. Pathetic, utterly pathetic
This is outrageous! I would definitely get a lawyer. I personally think the Marmet PD is lazy & if they ignore it long enough then it will just go away. They need to hire all new cops in that department & maybe things will get accomplished around there!
citizen

Ashburn, VA

#3 Apr 6, 2014
I sympathize with you and I understand why you're so frustrated. As bad as this looks, I think finding a judge to rule in your favor might be tough. I think a lot of judges would be hesitant to issue a judgement against the police because they didn't solve a case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm no attorney. But I could see a judge being very concerned about the precedent it could set. Just something to think.about. Good luck to you.
Crosses

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Apr 19, 2014
citizen wrote:
I sympathize with you and I understand why you're so frustrated. As bad as this looks, I think finding a judge to rule in your favor might be tough. I think a lot of judges would be hesitant to issue a judgement against the police because they didn't solve a case. Don't get me wrong, I'm not disagreeing with you and I'm no attorney. But I could see a judge being very concerned about the precedent it could set. Just something to think.about. Good luck to you.
many crimes go unsolved, thats not the issue. It has been the lack of response, and this has been beyond lacking. Its been totally shoved under the city hall rug. The officer on duty at the time of the crime said to just forget about it... A couple of "officials" from city hall were over heard talking about the video footage from the towns surveillence camaras displaying the event...might be a good idea to include that in their nothing
Cross Fire

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Apr 19, 2014
Crosses wrote:
<quoted text> many crimes go unsolved, thats not the issue. It has been the lack of response, and this has been beyond lacking. Its been totally shoved under the city hall rug. The officer on duty at the time of the crime said to just forget about it... A couple of "officials" from city hall were over heard talking about the video footage from the towns surveillence camaras displaying the event...might be a good idea to include that in their nothing
you should call and get the news in on this!
Really

Charleston, WV

#6 Apr 19, 2014
If you want most of the people of marmet to understand what you are saying guit using big words and type slower
citizen

Ashburn, VA

#7 Apr 19, 2014
Crosses wrote:
<quoted text> many crimes go unsolved, thats not the issue. It has been the lack of response, and this has been beyond lacking. Its been totally shoved under the city hall rug. The officer on duty at the time of the crime said to just forget about it... A couple of "officials" from city hall were over heard talking about the video footage from the towns surveillence camaras displaying the event...might be a good idea to include that in their nothing
I don't disagree with you. Have you considered asking Boone for a copy of the footage they have? Who are these "officials"? And more importantly, is the person claiming to have overheard them willing to make a sworn statement? If they aren't, that bit of info won't help you, I'm afraid. The media might help, but you should also consider speaking during a public council meeting. But make sure you have as many FACTS, not rumors, as possible in chronological order. Names, dates, etc.
MsCross

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2014
Really wrote:
If you want most of the people of marmet to understand what you are saying guit using big words and type slower
Really??
dubble cross

Altavista, VA

#9 Apr 21, 2014
Really wrote:
get a dictionary and read it slowly. You should apply for a job with the marmet PD.
not everyone in marmet is ignorant. god, I hope u can undrstand this, took me 4 hours to type it
citizen

Ashburn, VA

#10 Apr 22, 2014
It was a packed house at the council meeting last night. Freddie was there. Nobody had any questions for him or asked him to explain anything.
Cross Bow

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Apr 23, 2014
He didn't have a ride...
Actually, had a small turn of events on Friday and waiting to see what happens.
Eww

Birmingham, AL

#12 Apr 26, 2014
What about when the truck was stolen on camera and marmet community watch posted said video ? It was a citizens teenager and his friends who stole the truck and nothing happened to them either ! Marmet just needs to burn to the ground ! Useless space of land it would be better served as a landfill
citizen

Charleston, WV

#13 Apr 26, 2014
Eww wrote:
What about when the truck was stolen on camera and marmet community watch posted said video ? It was a citizens teenager and his friends who stole the truck and nothing happened to them either ! Marmet just needs to burn to the ground ! Useless space of land it would be better served as a landfill
They were arrested but the magistrate put them back on the street with a pr bond. They were probably out before the cop got back to marmet! Lopez is the one who sprung them. Remember that at ejection time.
wow

Abbeville, LA

#14 Apr 26, 2014
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
They were arrested but the magistrate put them back on the street with a pr bond. They were probably out before the cop got back to marmet! Lopez is the one who sprung them. Remember that at ejection time.
wow thanks for letting me know thats just crazy
Really

Charleston, WV

#15 Apr 28, 2014
Eww wrote:
Amen bro already smells like one
sharon

Hurricane, WV

#16 May 4, 2014
e should just get rid of the marmet pd altogether! I Live in the apts on california ave n I couldn't tell u how many times I have called them n they either didn't show up or didn't do anything at all! I came out n saw thisstupidbitch named hannah from upstairs squirting taco sauce all over n my door, and that white haired officer said that "he's not allowed to arrest anyone unless he sees it with his own eyes" his exact words. wtf kindashit is that?? So u mean to tell me I can murder someone n get away with it as long as the police don't see me doing it?(Which has been proven true) So I can also stand in front of dollar general n sell pills with no worries? Niceeee smfh what a greatfucking town Iive in!:) way to go marmet PD! Youre really putting a bite into crime :) 2big thumbs up to u guys for "doing your jobs"
FORREAL THO FUCK MARMET POLICE DEPARTMENT THEY CAN KISS MY BIG WHITE ASS!! GOOD FOR NOTHING PIGS!!!!!! Fuck You Forreal!!!
sharon

Hurricane, WV

#17 May 4, 2014
I Would Love to know when the next town or council meeting is? bc I definitely have a few questions Myself
yea right

Charleston, WV

#18 May 7, 2014
It's the third Monday of every single month at 7:30 pm. Like all the other keyboard warriors, you won't show up and ask anything face to face.
anti paris

Presto, PA

#19 May 12, 2014
You mean Paris Workman isn't doing a good job ? Lol he should be in jail for flagrant non child support, how come he isn't in jail!!!
if they didnt know

Charleston, WV

#20 May 12, 2014
Its very alarming when the number of vehicles that have been stolen in marmet just this year alone. And how many did the finest of impersonating officers of marmet find? With the the attitude of one i heard (let it go its probably burnt) smh none. How many charges been filed? Theres been one that should be added by now and i know its not for the fact they dontknow. Hell the guy is just sitting in jail with a history a mile longplus already inditted on charges in boone county.I can say Paris would not have told the guy to forget his truck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth is you are pregnant by first baby daddy. 44 min Curious 7
Johnnie Bob & Angie Boggess (Apr '15) 51 min I see you 4
Does anyone know who owns a grey car with ozzy ... 54 min Seen it 6
Chelsey Hancock (Dec '16) 55 min Ruthlesz 29
Gal with the name amylynn (Oct '16) 57 min Oaks is the man 11
Hudnalls up horesmill 5 hr Just peachy 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr RSM 4,194

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance