First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ann

Portage, MI

#1 Jun 2, 2014
How many bars still in cabin creek and who owns them?
Mom 3

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Jun 2, 2014
I don't think any are left. Betty's place closed after only being open for 9 or 10 months. Saturday was the last night open. Anyone know why they closed?
Dry Branch Hollar

United States

#3 Jun 5, 2014
Mom 3; I'm very glad they closed! But they just wasn't makin no money.
What about Billos

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 6, 2014
What about Billo's is it still open. I,m talking about the one that Kenny Billo had.
Smiling

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 6, 2014
I'm so happy there is no bars up Cabin Creek no more!! People get too loud up this creek and disturb the neighbors around them, not caring who lives around them. Kids not being able to sleep and people that work 8 hrs a day 5 days a week has a rough time getting good sleep with bars around. I hope there is never a damn bar up this creek again!! Someone needs to tear down the old Betty's Place building so no more bars can go into it.
Smiling

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 6, 2014
I'd say Mr. Conley kept Betty's Place from making no money. Who would want to go to a bar to buy beer when you can go to Doug's and get it for free? Makes sense doesn't it?
Dry Branch Hollar

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 7, 2014
Smilin; I totally agree. I'm 18 yrs old and a single mother to a 1 yr old, and I'm workin' 2 jobs, and doin' EVERYTHIN' ALONE, and I come home to listen to loud music, four wheelers, and sh¡t. I'm so happy that Bettys Place is gone, and I hope for good! And hahahahaha. Good one. I agree to that one also!
Aggravated

Charleston, WV

#8 Jun 13, 2014
I don't know who in the hell keeps yelling out- "HEY" up at Doug Conleys but they need help or something. They do this all the time and when people are in the damn bed trying to sleep, that is NOT the time to be doing that shit. Next time, i will come up there with handcuffs and haul ur ass to the police myself and stuff ur mouth with a dirty ass sock and tape ur hole closed with sum duct tape. No sense in yelling like that at night time. Shit!!!!!!!!!! Shut the Hell Up!!!!
Hollar Ho has got to Go

Charleston, WV

#9 Jun 21, 2014
Dry Branch Hollar wrote:
Smilin; I totally agree. I'm 18 yrs old and a single mother to a 1 yr old, and I'm workin' 2 jobs, and doin' EVERYTHIN' ALONE, and I come home to listen to loud music, four wheelers, and sh¡t. I'm so happy that Bettys Place is gone, and I hope for good! And hahahahaha. Good one. I agree to that one also!
Girl please do yourself and everyone else a huge favor and quit showing your stupidity. So you are a single mom at eighteen and your child is a one year old. If you did not want the hardship that goes along with a hard d*ck, you should have kept those legs closed. I bet you have been giving it up since you were what, fourteen or fifteen? Please spare us all when you say you are doing it all by yourself. Who watches over your bundle of joy while you are out there doing it all by yourself? As for a bar goes? You aren't even old enough to be in one but I bet you were all higher up on something while you were getting yourself into the "family way". I am so very sick to see parents who have raised their own children have to kick in to raise their grandkids. It isn't a matter of an innocent child being unloved. It is about selfish children who think that they are old enough to climb into bed together with total disregaurd for what their four minutes of pleasure may lead up to. Were you HONESTLY prepared to give up your youth? Do you come from a long line of women who made babies when they were merely children themselves? I bet you thought your honey boy would ride it out with you, right? I hope the hard d+ck was worth the hardship. Another child raised on welfare without any real shot at life at all because his or her parent or parents don't know shit about the world when they are born. Baby girl, you are not supposed to grow up with your kids. Women are the strongest and most loving people in the world. That last part, kiddo, is what turns us all into fools.
Single Mom Too

Charleston, WV

#10 Jun 23, 2014
Hollar Ho has got to Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl please do yourself and everyone else a huge favor and quit showing your stupidity. So you are a single mom at eighteen and your child is a one year old. If you did not want the hardship that goes along with a hard d*ck, you should have kept those legs closed. I bet you have been giving it up since you were what, fourteen or fifteen? Please spare us all when you say you are doing it all by yourself. Who watches over your bundle of joy while you are out there doing it all by yourself? As for a bar goes? You aren't even old enough to be in one but I bet you were all higher up on something while you were getting yourself into the "family way". I am so very sick to see parents who have raised their own children have to kick in to raise their grandkids. It isn't a matter of an innocent child being unloved. It is about selfish children who think that they are old enough to climb into bed together with total disregaurd for what their four minutes of pleasure may lead up to. Were you HONESTLY prepared to give up your youth? Do you come from a long line of women who made babies when they were merely children themselves? I bet you thought your honey boy would ride it out with you, right? I hope the hard d+ck was worth the hardship. Another child raised on welfare without any real shot at life at all because his or her parent or parents don't know shit about the world when they are born. Baby girl, you are not supposed to grow up with your kids. Women are the strongest and most loving people in the world. That last part, kiddo, is what turns us all into fools.
Who the hell are u to judge this girl? So what if she had a baby young. At least she IS WORKING instead of just collecting a check. U need smacked in the mouth for the things u just said to her. How do u know what her situation is? U just degraded her and basically her entire family because she had a child young. I had a child young also and NEVER did my parents step in and raise my kid for me. I went to college and made a career for myself and if somebody would've said to me the things u just said, I would've beat their ass! U sound ignorant and like a bitch!

Single Mom I applaud u for working and taking care of ur responsibilities. Don't let comments from one stupid bitch bother u, ur doing what ur supposed to and ur child will grow up and respect u for it!
Dry Branch Hollar

Charleston, WV

#11 Jun 30, 2014
Hollar ho has got to go - are you f•ckin' serious ? You have no clue who tf I am ... YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW MY [email protected] NAME !!!, & you're gonna sit there & judge me ? Really ? My babydaddy was the FIRST man I have ever slept with . He watches her while I work my ass off to suport my daughter . My father is dead , & my mother isn't in my life , so my parents would never watch my girl . I knew the consequences about havin' sex . I was not complainin''bout my life ... I was complainin' about the dumb f•cks up this hollar that has 0 respect . Now , MISS ME WITH THAT BS !!!!
& thank you , single mom too .(:
Bet my last dime

Charleston, WV

#12 Jun 30, 2014
Bet my last dime that you and your (babydaddy as you so elegantly put it) are nothing more than two welfare receiving lazy ass pill heads working the system and in order to get even more of the tax payers money you'll have more kids if you haven't already. Bitch!
baffeld

Morgantown, WV

#13 Jul 3, 2014
Honestly age does not matter in this day and age. There are pill heads in their 30s having babies to play the system. But if you are on here complaining about the noise related to a bar which disturbs your sleep does not sound like a pill head. sounds like a young mother that has responsibilities she is working very hard to fulfill. Also, sometimes it is better to be single and raise your child then to be in a loveless, cruel relationship
Dry Branch Hollar

Charleston, WV

#14 Jul 21, 2014
Bet my last time, lol ! I ain't gonna sit here & argue over dumb shit . Later !!! & baffeld , I agree . Thanks .
Local 365

Charleston, WV

#15 Jul 26, 2014
I hear that Betty's Place would be back open in the near future? i think the folks of Dry Branch need to petition this because we don't want people disturbing folks at nighttime that need sleep to go to school and work. I"m a mother of 3 and when Betty's Place is open, the drunks and druggies make all kind of noise up and down this hollow. I know the folks that live within earshot of it don't want it back open either. We need a noise ordinance for all of Cabin Creek even if it is unincorporated.
Bob

Belle, WV

#16 Oct 9, 2014
Betty's Place is gonna reopen, so get over it
lol

Roanoke, VA

#17 Oct 9, 2014
there's a guy that started a "bar" in a out building cops have came up there and told him to put up a sign no one allowed under 21 and to put a tip jar out bc he can't charge for drinks so. no harm to that lol. jus sum pep wantin to drink and he gets tips aka paid lmao
As If You Knew

Charleston, WV

#18 Oct 9, 2014
Bob, if Betty's Place ever opens back up they better be ready to have cops showing up every night because we have older folks that live around/near that place and they shouldn't have to put up with that shit!! If they can't keep the noise inside then there is going to be a hell of a lot of problems. There is also school kids that live in area that need sleep for school and folks that actually WORK so they need sleep for work. Go way up mouth of Dry Branch Hollow if u wanna make noise or Kayford!!
i hope ot opens

Moseley, VA

#19 Oct 10, 2014
As If You Knew wrote:
Bob, if Betty's Place ever opens back up they better be ready to have cops showing up every night because we have older folks that live around/near that place and they shouldn't have to put up with that shit!! If they can't keep the noise inside then there is going to be a hell of a lot of problems. There is also school kids that live in area that need sleep for school and folks that actually WORK so they need sleep for work. Go way up mouth of Dry Branch Hollow if u wanna make noise or Kayford!!
it needs to open so people can stop drunken driving
As If You Knew

Charleston, WV

#20 Oct 10, 2014
Ever heard of- staying at HOME when u drink? Hopefully someone will burn Betty's Place down if they ever try reopen it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cabin Creek Grill 7 min James mullins 23
Billie Blake 21 min Hefner 11
Oct 12th UFO sighting (Oct '14) 46 min Alien 13
Nilly messer 15 hr nosy-rosy 5
mayor of belle (Oct '11) Thu Just sayin 35
Ginger Oakes n Shaun pritt Thu PamC 2
tonya howell (Sep '13) Thu PamC 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages