HRUBS still experiencing billing issue

HRUBS still experiencing billing issue

There are 47 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Feb 28, 2008, titled HRUBS still experiencing billing issue. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Treating wastewater, is not the most glamorous job around. Hampton Roads Sanitation District, or HRSD, has been doing it since the 1940's, and the environmentally conscious company, is touted for doing it ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Sabrina

Norfolk, VA

#41 May 26, 2011
Why is the city of Norfolk, greater Hampton Roads area allowing this type of consumer rape? My home has 2 bathrooms, no leaks.$493 on 1May2011,$100 on 25May2011,$57 on 26May2011...presumably just to keep my service, with a balance of $131. To add insult this is a 21day billing cycle they use. Has anyone ever heard of this? If you do not pay in full by the 30th day, a $30 late fee is assessed. If you call and ask for an extention you're told if you don't like the service, don't use it. I am retired and receive my income monthly the beginning of the month, pay my bills the first few days of every month. So, pay the water every 21 days? I don't believe I am the only retired person in Norfolk facing this issue, but seemingly I go out to the store and come home to a doorknob hanger every single month. Never mind this wastewater issue or why I owe for water processed years ago and billing software that was useless and needed to be replaced(at my expense). I do not use city water outside, I have a well. I have yet to understand how my water is calculated, why it is more expensive to bathe than to fill my tank with gas. This impropperly managed service needs to be audited by an outside entity, and restitutions made to the consumers, the company is mismanged with improper and decieptful billing practices. However, at this time HURUBS corners the market for our service. I would embrace a class actions suit.
Wanda Hardy

Richmond, VA

#42 Aug 26, 2011
It is a shame that my water bill went from 200.00 to 300.00 all they keept saying is there a leak we
checked and there was none. These meter readers are
not checking these meters. I am a working person who can not get help from Social Services, and I
need my water for my family and household needs and
then they give you no time to pay the bill. Nobody
cares.
patricia murguia

AOL

#43 Feb 17, 2012
received a bill in December for 1,400!HRSD says their computer misread for our bill for the last three years!now they want the whole payment and are threatening to turn our water off!!B.S.!!!!
patricia murguia

AOL

#44 Feb 17, 2012
MB Norfolk wrote:
We were affected by the new billing system and reps could not locate our account. Six months later we receive a $500 water bill and was told we could make payment arrangments. Now we are paying the past due amount and the current. Our water bill is way to high for the amount that we use.
I received a $1,400 bill from HRSD in December.We called about it and they said we could make payments.Then yesterday they said pay the whole thing within 7 days or have your water shut off!What can we do!!?
LINDA STILES

Chesapeake, VA

#45 Feb 18, 2012
RECENTLY HAD ANOTHER OUTRAGEOUS WATER BILL. HRUBS ADMITTED THAT THE METER HAD "PROBABLE" NOT BEEN READ SINCE WE HAVE CONSISTANTLY FOUND 9"-12" OF MUD OVER THE METER...ONCE AGAIN ERRONEOUS DATA AVERAGING INSTEAD OF CLEARING THE METER FOR ACCURATE DATA COLLECTION.
patricia murguia

AOL

#46 Feb 19, 2012
richard-norfolk wrote:
Today i got six bills from (hrubs) ranging from 147.00 all the way up to 440.69,,,all due on the 30th! Whats up with that! This is all f uped. Anyone got any sugestions????
Thank You
Richard in Norfolk
Lets go pickett in front of their offices!!!pj
patricia murguia

AOL

#47 Feb 21, 2012
LINDA STILES wrote:
RECENTLY HAD ANOTHER OUTRAGEOUS WATER BILL. HRUBS ADMITTED THAT THE METER HAD "PROBABLE" NOT BEEN READ SINCE WE HAVE CONSISTANTLY FOUND 9"-12" OF MUD OVER THE METER...ONCE AGAIN ERRONEOUS DATA AVERAGING INSTEAD OF CLEARING THE METER FOR ACCURATE DATA COLLECTION.
Well,I'm going to pay the $1,450 tomorrow,so our water won't get turned off.Then I'm going to send a very sarcastic letter to HRSD,thanking them for upping my credit card bill.
I've sent this complaint to WAVYNEWS 10.I hope they can help!
If i could afford it,i'd hire lawyers and take them to court!!Have you tried wavy news 10?Maybe if enough people complain,we could get a refund!I'm also going to DEMAND a letter saying they won't bill me another outrageous bill.probably won't work,but i refuse to be a person that says,,oh well,i'll just pay.NO WAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr sonicfilter 1,264,683
News Virginia Beach restaurant owner charged with ru... (Aug '10) 2 hr preach 74
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Chesapeake 6 hr arogers14500 17
Debate: Marijuana - Virginia Beach, VA (Aug '10) 16 hr facetats 122
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Sun budd 54,341
News Hampton pastor's trip sparks interfaith dialogue Sun flame of truth 2
gay teens who wanna bang (Jan '15) Sun 17m Chesapeake 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages