HRUBS still experiencing billing issue

HRUBS still experiencing billing issue

There are 49 comments on the WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads story from Feb 28, 2008, titled HRUBS still experiencing billing issue. In it, WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads reports that:

Treating wastewater, is not the most glamorous job around. Hampton Roads Sanitation District, or HRSD, has been doing it since the 1940's, and the environmentally conscious company, is touted for doing it ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WAVY Norfolk Hampton Roads.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Donald McDaniel

Bracey, VA

#1 Feb 28, 2008
My dad (82),my wife (60)and myself (61)live in the same home. When my wife and I moved in with dad in April of 2003. The water bill ran around $68 every billing cycle. A new meter was put in and our bill double. Chesapeake said we had a leak. Wrong, I called a plumber. He gave us letter saying we had no leaks after spending 2 hours looking for one. Now we get bills that have quadrupled in the last year. I called Chesapeake again they said we had a leak. Come on, if they didn't know what was going on they should have at least printed out a bill with some inforemation on it to explain what was going on. Instead sending a blank piece of paper with a huge pay this amount. Don
Andy

Norfolk, VA

#2 Feb 28, 2008
I thought my bill was alot higher than usual. That "coincidence" would make sense to the adjusted amount billed....
Suffolk resident

Atlanta, GA

#3 Feb 28, 2008
This is happening in Suffolk also. My bill has been doubled for months. Residents here were billed every other month and since HRUBS took over billing, the amount due is the same, but yet I get billed EVERY month.
Suffolk resident

Atlanta, GA

#4 Feb 28, 2008
Actually let me update my post. We used to get two bills every two months. One for water/sewer, one for garbage pick up, but since these bills were combined the amount is appoximately the same, but we are billed every month. So our bills are doubled. On average, my bill every month is $280 were it used to be about $220 for two months.
James M Blair

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#5 Feb 29, 2008
Plato Said:
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up governed by your inferiors". That is what we have today. Ignorants and stupid at the top.
Shonna

Portsmouth, VA

#6 Mar 2, 2008
I moved into my Western Branch townhome December of 2007. I may have recieved one or two bills at MOST. I did recieve a letter from HRUBS stating they transferred billing service and had a problem and there was a delay but that we would be recieving our bills shortly. I still have yet to recieve one. I am certainly hoping there will be an acceptable payment plan since they are the ones who had the err.
CINDY LES

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Mar 5, 2008
I AM READING THIS AND I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE REALLY UPSET BECAUSE OF THE HIGH WATER BILLS WE ARE GETTING FOR THE COMPANY'S MISTAKE. THEY SHOULD GIVE US CREDIT BECAUSE I AM ONE OF THE CUSTOMERS THAT JUST GOT A WATER BILL SINCE I BEEN LIVING IN MY HOME SINCE AUGUST 07. IT UPSETS ME BECAUSE PEOPLE HAVE BILLS TO PAY AND THE WATER COMPANY EXPECTS YOU TO PAY THE WHOLE AMOUNT A WK LATER. THIS IS MESSED UP. THEY NEED TO GIVE US CREDIT. THIS IS THIER FALUT OT OURS.
CINDY LES

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Mar 5, 2008
AND WHEN YOU ASK FOR UTLITIY ASSISTANCE LIKE FROM THE SALVATION ARMY THEY SAY THEIR OUT OF FUNDS. MY BILL WAS ALMOST 400. HOPEFULLY WE CAN GET CREDIT. THAT WOULD BE NICE WOULDNT IT!
DEBRA H

Newport News, VA

#9 Mar 7, 2008
I RECIEVED A BILL FOR 126.00 FOR LAST YEAR JULY- DEC 07 I DON'T EVER REMEMBER A 60.00 WATER BILL FOR 3 MONTHS BUT I PAID IT BUT WHO IS TO SAY I HAVN'T PAID IT BACK THEN. I FEEL LIKE WE ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF.
New in Stonehouse Glen

Fulton, MD

#10 Mar 9, 2008
James City County residents experiencing excessively high bills as well, with some accounts totaling $700.00,$900.00,$1441.00... but the kicker was the neighbor whose bill was $1998.00!! One resident was billed for 200 gal/person/day and was told there wasn't a billing problem just excessive water consumption; however, when the homeowner began to monitor the meter daily, it turned out the usage was actually 53 gal/person/day! Now, call me silly, but either there is a problem... or a conspiracy! And I have to ask: Who, exactly, is paying for the malfunction of the extremely expensive software that we "just had to have"...even though some of the accounting still must be entered manually?! If you haven't already, contact your commissioner/council representative... and photograph your meter daily with a date/time stamp!!
Glynn Chesapeake

Norfolk, VA

#11 Mar 11, 2008
My waterbill came and it is 951.00. This is not a bill for several periods it is for only the last billing period. I have no leaks and plan to fight city hall on this one..POC
shawn henson

Norfolk, VA

#12 Mar 12, 2008
same here water bill goes from 45 to 81 in 1 month. thats even with us going out of town for 2 weeks.
Of course I get the "you have a leake " answer and they give me 2 dye packs. so te next month i turn off the main valve and guess what.. same answer again.
Sam

AOL

#13 Mar 12, 2008
The HRUBS idiots just cut off my water - No bills - no explanation - We set up automatic billing in 2000 - what are they thinking?
richard-norfolk

Norfolk, VA

#14 Mar 12, 2008
Today i got six bills from (hrubs) ranging from 147.00 all the way up to 440.69,,,all due on the 30th! Whats up with that! This is all f uped. Anyone got any sugestions????
Thank You
Richard in Norfolk
tina in suffolk

Suffolk, VA

#15 Mar 12, 2008
i received a bill for 600.00. there is noway in this life time that i could use that much water in one month. don't you think we are paying enough at the gas pumps. could it really cost that much to take a shower. i've always been use to paying 70.00 maybe 100.00. where this new bill come from is beyouned me. please someone help us...
Loxley Gardens Resident

Williamsburg, VA

#16 Mar 15, 2008
My water bills are about $220 a month! This makes no sense because all of my neighbors bills are much cheaper. We don't have a leak. We conserve water. We went down to the city hall and they did nothing for us. What can we do? I think we should start a class action law suit. We are being charged for and paying for something that we are not receiving. My house would be a swimming pool if I used as much water as they say!
Andra Luke

Norfolk, VA

#17 Mar 19, 2008
I live with my son
A Luke

Norfolk, VA

#18 Mar 19, 2008
I live with my son only, who is 5 years old. We are only there 4 nights/week. I got a $900.00 water bill. They are telling me there is a leak. I have been watching the meter, and there is NOOO leak. I have to file an unexplained water usage, and they only take off 50% , which will take off only 200.00 for water usage, and then the rest of the charges will be ther, totaling 700.00. My water bills are usually 200.00 over 3 months. We need to do something.
Allen Stanley

Norfolk, VA

#19 Mar 20, 2008
I manage commerical office buildings in Norfolk and Virginia Beach.
I have a bill for a property in Norfolk that was $19,326.87 that property normally runs between $430.00 & $600.00
Still trying to get credit back even after we paid the amount.
Tom Page Suffolk

Norfolk, VA

#20 Mar 20, 2008
I have paid over 500$ in a one month period, where my bill was normaly 60 or so.....I think we should all start a class action suit against HRUBS..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Tuffet 1,644,178
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Into The Night 64,168
direct tv: worst company of all Thu GARY BEARD 1
Virginia Department Corrections Nov 22 Failed Leadership 1
News Brazil Carnival queen who broke nudity rule wil... (Feb '09) Nov 21 weapon X 16
News Va 6-year-old takes family car after missing bus (Jan '09) Nov 21 megadeth1a 28
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Nov 18 Panty guys 83

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages