Pastor who resigned from Chesapeake c...

Pastor who resigned from Chesapeake church apologizes for affair

There are 10 comments on the PilotOnline.com story from Jul 2, 2009, titled Pastor who resigned from Chesapeake church apologizes for affair. In it, PilotOnline.com reports that:

In May, Bob Groves said he was leaving Faith Alive, a church that has grown quickly from a dozen members to more than 2,000. CHESAPEAKE Pastor Bob Groves stood in front of a packed house - surrounded by his wife, a moderator who flew in from Georgia for the night and two boxes of tissues.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at PilotOnline.com.

Boomercat

United States

#1 Jul 16, 2009
As a new beleiver I was lead to Faith Alive. At that time I was just looking for "something". Pastor Bob gave me the pasion in my heart and soul for my Lord and although his flesh failed the Lord will not.
Although I am no longer there and have not been there for years, I hope that all those who believe in the Lord my God, will pray for Pastor Bob and his family, that they fully begin to know and trust in the Lord GOD. Not in a person delivering the Word.
Kim Davis

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Dec 31, 2009
If people really believe in what Jesus taught, then why do they still remember a man's or women's sin?
Steal Horse

Chesapeake, VA

#3 Dec 31, 2009
This guy will bounce back from this and grab himself another "ministry". There is too much money in mega-churches. He even got Krasnoff on board. No wonder his wife was so quick to forgive him.
Carol Johnson

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jun 2, 2010
I could not agree more with Steal Horse. Bob is nothing but a fake, but is all about the mighty dollar. His wife stood by him just like all these other foolish women do because she has no self respect for herself. Don't let him fool you, I am sure this is not the first time he "played" around, and his affair would have still been going on, but he got "caught". Bob should be ashamed of himself. I see now he is trying to get people to follow him on his phoney blogging site - it makes me sick to my stomach!
bella

Chesapeake, VA

#7 Jun 27, 2010
If you are truly part of the Body of Christ, my suggestion to anyone reading this is to pray for all involved as well as the partioners because many lives have been impacted by the situation. Consequently, this is a call for the people of God to pray instead of gossip!!!
Dooooce

Chesapeake, VA

#8 Jun 27, 2010
bella wrote:
If you are truly part of the Body of Christ, my suggestion to anyone reading this is to pray for all involved as well as the partioners because many lives have been impacted by the situation. Consequently, this is a call for the people of God to pray instead of gossip!!!
I wonder if he is still getting some outside trim?
andrew sawyer

Pensacola, FL

#9 Aug 14, 2010
pastor bob is a wolf in sheeps clothing ,who stole money from the church,fucked the staff,and persacuted the lords apostles for his own wickdness,he will be one of the fist ones to feel the wrath of god ,the false prophet ,the judges ,and the lawyers,thus saith the lord because the army of god is coming in the name of the lord jesus and before these things come to pass i tell you of them see the breaker has come up and has passed through the gate ,and their king shall pass before them,behold i send my messenger before thy face ,so proclaim ye this among the gentiles,prepare war,wake up the mighty men ,let all the men of war draw near,let them come up,beat your plowshares into swords,and your prunning hooks in to spears,and let the weak say i am strong ,assemble your selves and come all ye heathen,and gather your selves round about hither ,cause the mighty ones to come down ,o lord ,multitudes and multitudes in the valley of decision,they will i sit to judge the heathen round about
Dooooce

Chesapeake, VA

#10 Aug 15, 2010
andrew sawyer wrote:
pastor bob is a wolf in sheeps clothing ,who stole money from the church,fucked the staff,and persacuted the lords apostles for his own wickdness,he will be one of the fist ones to feel the wrath of god ,the false prophet ,the judges ,and the lawyers,thus saith the lord because the army of god is coming in the name of the lord jesus and before these things come to pass i tell you of them see the breaker has come up and has passed through the gate ,and their king shall pass before them,behold i send my messenger before thy face ,so proclaim ye this among the gentiles,prepare war,wake up the mighty men ,let all the men of war draw near,let them come up,beat your plowshares into swords,and your prunning hooks in to spears,and let the weak say i am strong ,assemble your selves and come all ye heathen,and gather your selves round about hither ,cause the mighty ones to come down ,o lord ,multitudes and multitudes in the valley of decision,they will i sit to judge the heathen round about
Why are you s angry about this?

Did he pork your wife?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#11 Aug 16, 2010
if this suprises anyone u are all nuts churches steal money they dont have to pay taxes while everyone struggles thier family are driving bmw's and wearing 600.00 shoes and have a huge house shame on all of u that pay anything..if u believe in god u dont have to go to church ...church is a scam..............plain and simple

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#12 Aug 16, 2010
andrew sawyer wrote:
god is as fake as the easter bunny minds well believe in santa clause too... religion is lies,starts wars,centuries ago they oh and its used as a crutch for drug addicts and felons who all a suddon find god.forced indians to go to thier church.pillaged other people because of there own religion,religiouus people are negative and want to argue about religion and how much your wrong and thier right..cant wait till they pass and see that there is no god waiting for them....does anyone realize jesus might have excisted but so did david koresh did it ever dawn on u that he was another occult leader maybe the first thats why its so known oh and some stories in the bible come from the greek stories wow ...i guess there r suckers born everyday.parents dont force religion on kids please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min mdbuilder 1,641,598
News Brazil Carnival queen who broke nudity rule wil... (Feb '09) 1 hr Richard Kranium 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr RetardedAsswipesT... 64,117
Does anyone else think the yearly car inspectio... (Nov '10) Sat Josh hankins 30
ODU Night Life, where is it now? (Jun '07) Sat kaz148 3
What are you feelings on men wearing womens und... (Jul '12) Sat Panty guys 83
I remember in Newport News (Dec '07) Fri Patricia g Johnson 2,393

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages