Is Cleaning Up the Chesapeake Watershed Worth the High Price? - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA Ne...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

Governor McDonnell says Virginia is beating its neighbors in the effort to remove harmful pollutants from the Chesapeake Bay, but some in the Shenandoah Valley are wondering if it's worth the price.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2012
Ronald Rump

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 30, 2012
When Romney is elected it wont be long after our rivers will burn again. Those inconvenient regulations got to go. What surprises me is the number of outdoorsmen who support deregulation by supporting republicans.
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#2 Jul 30, 2012
Is Cleaning Up the Chesapeake Watershed Worth the High Price?
Nope, I dump my motor oil in the river, it' cheap, and it's pretty.
Bluecrab

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 30, 2012
Dude wrote:
Is Cleaning Up the Chesapeake Watershed Worth the High Price?
Nope, I dump my motor oil in the river, it' cheap, and it's pretty.
You should try drinking it and see if it turns your face pretty colors. Cheaper than driving to the river too!
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#4 Jul 30, 2012
Bluecrab wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try drinking it and see if it turns your face pretty colors. Cheaper than driving to the river too!
Oh, no need; I've got massive amounts of synthetic nitrogens from fertilizers in my drinking water, you should see how red I get. I can't wait until a Monsanto affiliate moves in and starts dumping dioxins into the water... it'll take care of all those pesky ... everythings.
carrier

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 30, 2012
I can't eat fish from my local river, do you really think I give a crap about the bay?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#6 Jul 30, 2012
carrier wrote:
I can't eat fish from my local river, do you really think I give a crap about the bay?
touche
Bluecrab

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 31, 2012
Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, no need; I've got massive amounts of synthetic nitrogens from fertilizers in my drinking water, you should see how red I get. I can't wait until a Monsanto affiliate moves in and starts dumping dioxins into the water... it'll take care of all those pesky ... everythings.
Oh, I know you have plenty of "fertilizer" in you, we read it all the time from you. Seems like you have been increasing your output lately too!
Flipper

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jul 31, 2012
Of course it is worth it. Having clean water should be everyone's concern. If some are ahead of the curve, all the better. I use the bay and have not seen the red tide of other years. Too me that shows the ends justifies the means. Hopefully as our population gets smarter we can continue to undo the damage that has been done and all can benefit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min Incognito4Ever 1,100,524
Influx of illegal immigrants in hampton va 13 min moosha 6
Illegal alien has raped multiple women in North... 4 hr ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr gcaveman1 46,326
Hampton looks for more math teachers 22 hr Tabb Man 3
Hampton police arrest 3 teens in Northampton ro... 22 hr Tabb Man 1
I hate Virginia Beach & Norfolk (Apr '11) Fri lucifercupcake 80
•••
•••
•••

Chesapeake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chesapeake People Search