Pratt new commissioner

Pratt new commissioner

There are 22 comments on the Ironton Tribune story from Apr 6, 2011, titled Pratt new commissioner. In it, Ironton Tribune reports that:

For about two hours it was a neck and neck horse race as the county's Republican Central Committee marked ballots after ballots after ballots to pick the next county commissioner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ironton Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PeakeParent07

South Point, OH

#1 Apr 6, 2011
Excellent! Now to get rid of the other BOE members. It's better to have him worrying about guard rail and paving roads than ANYTHING to do with our kids!
demo

United States

#2 Apr 6, 2011
PeakeParent07 wrote:
Excellent! Now to get rid of the other BOE members. It's better to have him worrying about guard rail and paving roads than ANYTHING to do with our kids!
There has to be better republicans than Pratt to appoint as commissioner. Same ole, same ole. What are his credentials? Congrats Peake.
TMM

United States

#3 Apr 6, 2011
1 down and a few more to go. Wonder what we could appoint DB to, To get him out of there.
whatever

Acme, PA

#4 Apr 6, 2011
demo wrote:
<quoted text> There has to be better republicans than Pratt to appoint as commissioner. Same ole, same ole. What are his credentials? Congrats Peake.
Can't get better than a Pratt, so shut your mouth!
unbelievable

Northville, MI

#5 Apr 6, 2011
All repubes are the same. How do you tell bad from good, they all suck
Mooooo

United States

#6 Apr 7, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is his experience besides being from a political family? Raising cows and flowers? Ruining a school district? Speak up!
Notafan

United States

#7 Apr 7, 2011
Mooooo wrote:
<quoted text> So what is his experience besides being from a political family? Raising cows and flowers? Ruining a school district? Speak up!
You left out being a self righteous a$$ that hides behind religion. He thinks he is a big fish in a small pond. He comes off as a total jerk and most people don't have much respect for him.
efg

United States

#8 Apr 7, 2011
Uuumm helllo!!!!!!! He has been part of this fiasco called a BOE. They have embarrassed this school district. Let's get rid of all of them. Who is up for renewal this year, who has what left? And do you know of anyone running for an empty seat?
chessy girl

Flatwoods, KY

#9 Apr 7, 2011
One down one to go, now who will be Bennett's puppet? He is sleeping with osborne's daughter so he controls him. Hope the next election the people of chesapeake can see that Bennett is wrong for our kids and our schools.
frustrated

Russell, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2011
Can someone explain something to me. Bill Pratt is, was, one of the board members spending taxpayers' money to investigate the superintendent and his creation of a brochure. Waste of time, waste of money. So....he helps stir up all of this and then jumps ship first chance he gets. What a man! His picture in the paper....great big grin. Of course he is grinning. He is leaving the rest of the board holding the bag. Great job Bill! His reward?.....the position of county commissioner! Way to go Republicans. Way to pick the best person for the job. Just goes to show it's not how good of a job you do that matters, but rather who you are buddies with. You da man Bill!!
peake parent

Russell, KY

#11 Apr 7, 2011
i agree.
Cool Water

New York, NY

#12 Apr 7, 2011
frustrated wrote:
Can someone explain something to me. Bill Pratt is, was, one of the board members spending taxpayers' money to investigate the superintendent and his creation of a brochure. Waste of time, waste of money. So....he helps stir up all of this and then jumps ship first chance he gets. What a man! His picture in the paper....great big grin. Of course he is grinning. He is leaving the rest of the board holding the bag. Great job Bill! His reward?.....the position of county commissioner! Way to go Republicans. Way to pick the best person for the job. Just goes to show it's not how good of a job you do that matters, but rather who you are buddies with. You da man Bill!!
Sounds like a buddy of the scoundrel superintendent. The board should find out how much the super has wasted and make it public. He needs to go!
wondering

United States

#13 Apr 7, 2011
Or how much the board has wasted....
SickOfItAll

Gibsonia, PA

#15 Apr 7, 2011
MAYBE.....just MAYBE if our school board had spent more time tracking $ and dealing with issues that REALLY are related to our childrens education and school experience INSTEAD of focasing an ENTIRE year on getting rid of TWO people THEY deem to be a problem, then MAYBE our school system wouldn't be in the shape it's in! MAYBE our children would be using the football field and track! MAYBE they wouldn't be talking about cutting sporting programs...and MAYBE we wouldn't be losing teachers and personnel at the end of the year. And before I'm
blastlegit being on a side, let me just say that I definitely think the one gone and the one they are trying to get rid of now should have already been shown the door! But get real! There is SO much dead weight left! When you have someone making 90,000 dollars to sit on their rear end in a cubby at one of the schools... YOU
HAVE A REAL ISSUE!! Quite frankly, I am as it says... SICK OF IT ALL!
SickOfItAll

Gibsonia, PA

#16 Apr 7, 2011
* blasted about*

...on my cell, so didn't spell check. Sorry for any other typos...'cause I KNOW someone will point them out!!!!
vote-idiots

United States

#17 Apr 8, 2011
You all get on here and run your mouths but i am sure u are the dumba$$eS that voted them all in....Great job
voter

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2011
Notafan wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out being a self righteous a$$ that hides behind religion. He thinks he is a big fish in a small pond. He comes off as a total jerk and most people don't have much respect for him.
He's our appointed commissioner. You must be wrong or this wouldn' have happened.
KYandGlad

Chesapeake, OH

#19 Jun 25, 2013
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad Pratt doesn't live in Ashland. He would want to doze Central Park for a strip mall. LOL
tax payer

United States

#20 Jun 25, 2013
I voted for him but wish I hadn't now. At the meetings. He puts his phone on speaker to Jason Stephens so he can hear everything. Then Jason will text Pratt and tell him what to do. So sad
Country Strong

United States

#21 Jun 26, 2013
Just my opinion, but I think he's two-faced.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tyler kunze (Jun '10) 2 hr VictoriaWellman30 11
class c big stuff fireworks 9 hr oh yeah 1
Rudy's pizzeria 12 hr Just a dude 28
jimmy pine (Jan '13) Mon For a fact 15
Charles ferris Sun wondering 1
union twp trustee's (May '12) Jun 22 dodo 26
Fire in the Terraces Jun 18 johnny 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Mortgages