Cost of law enforcement academy at collins career center

Posted in the Chesapeake Forum

August Class

Fenton, MI

#1 Jan 28, 2013
Don't think I will qualify for student loans because I currently earn $60,000 a year .
Collins

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Jan 29, 2013
August Class wrote:
Don't think I will qualify for student loans because I currently earn $60,000 a year .
You will qualify for loans but you will not qualify for pell grants.
Bettywhite

Alexandria, VA

#3 Jan 29, 2013
If ur making 60,000 a year why would u wanna be a cop? I'm a cop an bring home half working full time! Trust me not worth it u got no help, no ones hiring, poor equipment, always the bad guy no matter what, awl an a lot of back stabbers just giving ya a heads up
August Class

Detroit, MI

#4 Jan 29, 2013
Bettywhite wrote:
If ur making 60,000 a year why would u wanna be a cop? I'm a cop an bring home half working full time! Trust me not worth it u got no help, no ones hiring, poor equipment, always the bad guy no matter what, awl an a lot of back stabbers just giving ya a heads up
Well it has always been what I wanted to do for a living but never had the resources available to pursue my dream. Now that have a good income I have saved enough money to pursue my dream. I have tested in wv and passed but they always hire prior military over me. Ohio is different , you complete the academy first then find your job. In wv you have to be hired first and then go to the academy .
August Class

Detroit, MI

#5 Jan 29, 2013
Money isn't important to me after actually knowing what it's like to have it. I'm not happy where I am in life and have wanted to be a police officer since I was a little kid.
Local

Alexandria, VA

#6 Feb 1, 2013
If you make $60000 you should not need a loan.
Former Cop

South Point, OH

#7 Feb 1, 2013
If you are making 60k a year you don't want to be a police officer in Lawrence County unless you want to be a State Trooper. Most local cops in lawrence county only make $10 to$15 and hour and very few have benefits. State Troopers make $18+ an hour just for training in the Academy. That money for a local department is not worth risking your life for. You want to really think about the decision before you decide
august class

Southfield, MI

#8 Feb 1, 2013
Former Cop wrote:
If you are making 60k a year you don't want to be a police officer in Lawrence County unless you want to be a State Trooper. Most local cops in lawrence county only make $10 to$15 and hour and very few have benefits. State Troopers make $18+ an hour just for training in the Academy. That money for a local department is not worth risking your life for. You want to really think about the decision before you decide

I really appreciate your advice ,and I have lost a little sleep thinking about what I will be giving up. I found out the class is $3,300 which I will just stroke a check for , but it is what I want to do . If you think of any way to help gets appointed I would appreciate the help and a friendship of a fellow officer which it sounds like you are. You can contact me @ sprintpcsmanager1@yahoo.com and we can go from there Sir.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim burns 16 min brucey 1
Tyler Butcher is wired 1 hr Warm 3
hot c.v.s girl (May '12) 4 hr interesting idea 31
Bambuser app. 5 hr JohnFranklin 38
Ben Coleman (who use to be the special ed teacher) (Oct '11) 19 hr Pastor Ben 11
Chesapeake Vet Clinic (Apr '12) Sat Connie 16
kelli boyle Apr 22 Frenn 5
More from around the web

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]