Chesapeake School System is a sick joke!

Chesapeake School System is a sick joke!

Posted in the Chesapeake Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
lol

Winchester, VA

#2 Aug 17, 2010
I do know the meaning of the word but then again Im not a peake grad. I would have to agree with most of what you said with exception to everyone being fired. There are actually several good teachers there, just cant get past all the scandal to see them.
CHESSY ALUMNI

Flatwoods, KY

#3 Aug 17, 2010
I think that you should only be allowed to serve one or maybe two terms on the school board. The longer these people are in there the more corrupt they become. I also don't think that Dave Bennett's daughter should be allowed to go to school at South Point that doesn't reflect well on him as a board member.
Educator

AOL

#4 Aug 17, 2010
I'm pretty sure that Dave Bennett's daughter is now living in South Point. If I were his daughter, I would change schools, too. I feel sorry for the poor kid and I don't even know her. It seems that everybody in town is talking about her family--if I were her, I think I would move out of state. Dave is famous for screwing around on his wife with any female he can get, and he doesn't try to hide it. He is a cheating, low-life, thief. I know how he got his start in business, and it was not legal.
Finecitizenof Chesapeake

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Aug 17, 2010
Nepotism is favoritism granted to relatives or friends, with no regard to merit!!! Every school in the county has these same issues,some even worse than others!Its just Chesapeake turn this month.
Knowitall

Chesapeake, OH

#6 Aug 17, 2010
David's daughters live with their mother in south point now. Kim Bennett has had to move her sr year of high school b/c of this bullshit. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for talking about other people's kids. David Bennett went to work for his dad at 9 years old at the rich gas station where he became manager, started building houses and selling them for a profit and eventually built his own station. He has never been given anything in his life and has had to work for every damn dime he has earned. I don't know about anything illegal or the allegations you are stating, but it seems to me hat if people do illegal things,(judge dolen) it eventually catches up to them. He has never had Any type of criminal charges brought up against him. The youngest daughter still goes to Ben coleman's school, how the hell do you think she feels. No kid should have to endure this public ridicule of their family no matter what their parents have done. Have you people ever visited the lawrence county clerk of courts website? You can look up anyone on there that has had any type of legal issues. Maybe you should start by looking at the facts and quit making crap up about people. The last time I checked that was called slander and I think that the police should be involved with this website.
MY2CENTS

Chesapeake, OH

#7 Aug 17, 2010
Finecitizenof Chesapeake wrote:
Nepotism is favoritism granted to relatives or friends, with no regard to merit!!! Every school in the county has these same issues,some even worse than others!Its just Chesapeake turn this month.
EXACTLY! "Educator" must have been interviewed, and not hired. Sounds bitter to me. I agree. Drama and politics are everywhere - in every industry. I work for Chesapeake. I have no issues with the students. My concerns are with the ill informed BOE & our illustrious Superintendent. Butt out of issues you can't comprehend and let me do my job. Please.
lol

Winchester, VA

#8 Aug 17, 2010
to know it all, since your so concerned about trashing people and there kids being hurt why did you just feel it neccesary to drag judges name into it. He has kids that will be hurt by that as well.
99 peake

United States

#9 Aug 17, 2010
u people should go to a board meeting and speak your piece .If moonpie junior is gone and no longer employed at cms you people that luv him or luv on him dont worry he would make a fine prison guard. No disrespect to you prison guards with morals he just likes power.
Educator

AOL

#10 Aug 17, 2010
No, I didn't even apply--I knew it wouldn't do any good because I didn't plan on sleeping with anybody in the school system.
CHESSY ALUMNI

Flatwoods, KY

#12 Aug 18, 2010
Dave's daughter kim went to south point to play basketball she thinks south point will go to states this year and wants to be on a good team. She can't stand her team mates at chesapeake.
educator indeed

Wilmington, OH

#13 Sep 8, 2010
perhaps the bitter "educator" is not qualified to teach. lashing out against the school and the town that she apparently wanted to be embraced by, she shows her jealousy publicly (but anonymously) as she bashes the town she seeks sympathy from.

i think the town of chesapeake should be grateful that a biased and angry rejectee is not teaching their children with such disdain for the town she would be representing.
Chessy Mom

Ashland, OH

#14 Sep 8, 2010
educator indeed wrote:
perhaps the bitter "educator" is not qualified to teach. lashing out against the school and the town that she apparently wanted to be embraced by, she shows her jealousy publicly (but anonymously) as she bashes the town she seeks sympathy from.
i think the town of chesapeake should be grateful that a biased and angry rejectee is not teaching their children with such disdain for the town she would be representing.
You know, you're right! The parents of Chesapeake students should be grateful to the fine teachers, principals, assistants, and all of the other wonderful staff of this outstanding district! It pleases me to know that all the teachers are sleeping together! It makes me warm inside to know that the teachers (and principals) are more concerned about where their next piece of ass will come from than about what these children should be learning! I guess the only thing the Chesapeake school system would receive an "excellent" rating in would be sex education! I am enlightened every day by the new gossip flowing through our school system! Our exemplary educators should receive a standing ovation at every school function for their fine behavior. It touches me to know that these students will have such a grand education when they graduate and will be completely prepared for college - knowing the correct way to party and find the suitable weekend fling - before they walk across that stage!

So why is it that Chesapeake can't find decent teachers? There are a few teachers in this district that I personally went to school with. These people couldn't even spell their own damn names in school, but yet they are teaching others? These teachers had trouble even passing on to the next grade, but they are capable of passing their vast knowledge and intellect on to others? Are you kidding me? Has anyone ever actually gone through the Chesapeake school website staff directory and realized how many of these employees are related to one another?
cheezy_mom

Wilmington, OH

#15 Sep 8, 2010
you live in a small town. everyone is related! are there instances of preferential hiring? certainly. but to make a blanket statement that ALL the teachers are sleeping together is disrespectful to those who are not and who have earned their places honestly. you talk about gossip in school, but are you not part of the problem spreading your hate and judgement?

if education is so important to you and chesapeake is not meeting your needs, perhaps you should consider relocating?
watzthepoint

Acme, PA

#16 Sep 8, 2010
you know iv been through chesapeake schools my self and there is alot of sex talk and gossip throughout the middle and high school, now grant it i havn't been to the elementary svhool for a good sum of time but i would guess its all the same there. at the middle school there is way to much gossip goin around, and if you dont know the truth for a gosh der face KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. as for the high school there is aboout the same but most of the talk is still directed to our wonderfull EX principal Ben Coleman. the schools in this district are a joke. they need some help and should be delt with, but not with the school boared. by someone who dosent have favorites.
Chessy Mom

Ashland, OH

#17 Sep 10, 2010
cheezy_mom wrote:
you live in a small town. everyone is related! are there instances of preferential hiring? certainly. but to make a blanket statement that ALL the teachers are sleeping together is disrespectful to those who are not and who have earned their places honestly. you talk about gossip in school, but are you not part of the problem spreading your hate and judgement?
if education is so important to you and chesapeake is not meeting your needs, perhaps you should consider relocating?
I can count the number of actual respectful teachers in that whole school system on one hand. And I think it's more than "instances" of preferential hiring. I think it's EVERY hiring - okay, with maybe an exception of two or three employees in that whole system. I can't seem to recollect if there are even any teachers at Chesapeake that have actually "earned" their places honestly. They may have had their jobs for several years, but it's not because they earned it. It's only because they've been there for so long, why get rid of them now? They were hired in because they were related to someone else in the system at that time. When the next bunch became board members, they were related to someone there, too, and so on and so forth. It's the same thing over and over and over again at Chesapeake.

And, for your information, we are in the process of trying to find a school system more suitable! Nothing would please me more than to be able to get out of the Chesapeake school system before this year's end. However, it does take time to uproot a family and move them to another district. Since my family is not like many of the others in the Chesapeake area, we do not move from month to month and do not believe in putting our children in a different school every few months. We own our home and would like to sell and buy again somewhere else. Getting out of the Chesapeake area is taking some planning to make sure that the next place we settle in will be the right decision and a permanent move to a district that will benefit our children. I believe in doing my research thoroughly as I don't want to take the chance of moving to a district that is actually worse than Chesapeake, if there is one!

Personally, I don't believe I'm spreading my hate and judgment. My statements are opinions. I don't believe I was spreading any gossip, either. Anything I've stated has only been stated in this town over and over again for years. I didn't repeat any names or give exact incidences. Maybe I should next time.
cheezy_mom

Wilmington, OH

#18 Sep 10, 2010
Chessy Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I can count the number of actual respectful teachers in that whole school system on one hand. And I think it's more than "instances" of preferential hiring. I think it's EVERY hiring - okay, with maybe an exception of two or three employees in that whole system. I can't seem to recollect if there are even any teachers at Chesapeake that have actually "earned" their places honestly. They may have had their jobs for several years, but it's not because they earned it. It's only because they've been there for so long, why get rid of them now? They were hired in because they were related to someone else in the system at that time. When the next bunch became board members, they were related to someone there, too, and so on and so forth. It's the same thing over and over and over again at Chesapeake.
And, for your information, we are in the process of trying to find a school system more suitable! Nothing would please me more than to be able to get out of the Chesapeake school system before this year's end. However, it does take time to uproot a family and move them to another district. Since my family is not like many of the others in the Chesapeake area, we do not move from month to month and do not believe in putting our children in a different school every few months. We own our home and would like to sell and buy again somewhere else. Getting out of the Chesapeake area is taking some planning to make sure that the next place we settle in will be the right decision and a permanent move to a district that will benefit our children. I believe in doing my research thoroughly as I don't want to take the chance of moving to a district that is actually worse than Chesapeake, if there is one!
Personally, I don't believe I'm spreading my hate and judgment. My statements are opinions. I don't believe I was spreading any gossip, either. Anything I've stated has only been stated in this town over and over again for years. I didn't repeat any names or give exact incidences. Maybe I should next time.
you are accusing everyone in an entire school system of being incestious without any proof whatsoever, relying only on layers of gossip. yeah, i would call that gossip and hate mongering. i wouldn't expect you to understand that, however, as you apparently are still counting on your fingers. i suppose even incestious school systems can teach you that.
if this has truly been occurring for years, shouldn't that have been plenty of time to plan your exit? let us know when you're on your way out. personally, i don't believe you'll ever leave. with all of your drama, anonymous accusations, complaining, and apparent lack of strategy, this town suits you well.
cheezy_mom

Wilmington, OH

#19 Sep 10, 2010
before i utterly destroy my credibility, i meant incestuous.
Readmymistake

United States

#20 Apr 16, 2011
I was looking for phone numbers for Chesapeake and ran across this website. I went to peake, my daughter went to peake, my granddaughter is going. I have met several of the teachers and was pleased that they seemed caring. I think that if you have issues have the balls to go and say it at a meeting. Kids of all ages use websites and this one should not be available. Address the group have your issue addressed, but by those that matter. I hope that I do not know any of you.
Pop

United States

#21 Apr 16, 2011
lol wrote:
I do know the meaning of the word but then again Im not a peake grad. I would have to agree with most of what you said with exception to everyone being fired. There are actually several good teachers there, just cant get past all the scandal to see them.
Is it true that JR Clark is the new CHS football coach? His past certainly isn't pure.
The Giant Blue Turk

Butler, PA

#22 Apr 17, 2011
Andy Clark is the coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My wife is 32 and I'm 40....... 7 hr Unsure 1
Proctorville Animal Clinic (Jan '13) 10 hr dog lover. 17
drugs at lawrence village 12 hr Cheech 2
Stupid Drivers 12 hr Poo 3
Brittany smith OD with her daughter in the car 14 hr Christine Lewis 5
keri Halliburton 14 hr Christine Lewis 3
Daniel Harbolt ? Wed Tammy 12

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance