Big Cat on Bent Creek
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Branch Runner

Proctorville, OH

#1 Nov 11, 2011
I heard a black panther has been dotted there. Any truth in that?
ohio gal

Proctorville, OH

#2 Nov 11, 2011
A few people saw something. It's not black though.
idk

Norwich, OH

#3 Nov 11, 2011
I live there haven't heard a thing about it.
ohio gal

Proctorville, OH

#4 Nov 11, 2011
It crosses near Blairs. A lot
Branch Runner

Proctorville, OH

#5 Nov 11, 2011
I heard it has liked some livestock and pets
I would say

United States

#6 Nov 11, 2011
I would say yes that a big cat may have been seen there. It has been around for awhile. Three years ago, we saw traces (footprints and ripped up deer carcasses) and heard it late at night on my property (60 acres). It caught the back end of one of my dogs and put some deep scratches on her back end. It cost me $400 to get her stitched and fixed up at the vet....there was even a part of a claw left. At that point, I called one of the Law. Co. Forestry guys to come out to my property because I was afraid. I showed him all of the footprints and other things and he told me he thought a panther, which seemed so unreal to me. He told me several things....like it illegal to kill them (ummmm....duh).....that no one in my family should try to hunt it because they are so intelligent and crafty that the hunter may end up being the hunted...and that panthers hunt in an approximately 75 mile radius and it would go away from my property if I was just patient. It is hard to be patient when all of these things happen. It took about 5 or 6 months and then it was just gone and hasn't been back since. No offense....but it works for me that is it somewhere else. By the way...we did catch glimpses of it and it IS BLACK....AND PRETTY BIG.
rrr

Proctorville, OH

#7 Nov 11, 2011
A panther, really. What are you growing on your 60 acres. Man you have to quit smokin that stuff. You are starting to hulicinate
Just me

Huntington, WV

#8 Nov 12, 2011
There r some pretty creepy things on bent creek
I would say

United States

#9 Nov 12, 2011
Acually I thought the Forestry Guy and Vet telling me a panther was unreal, also, but I do know it cost me big bucks to get my dog fixed up and I took for granted that the Forestry Guy knew what he was talking about. My son swears he saw it when he came in late one night...a big, black cat that scared all 6'5" of him enough to run from his car to the house.

I also know that finding the torn to shreads deer carcasses was not a usual happening.

I really think there is some kind of big cat around....whether an actual panther or not I really don't know....but I do know what I experienced on my property.

Sorry...not growing or smoking anything here.....just thought it may help others to say what happened here.
Tribune

Proctorville, OH

#10 Nov 13, 2011
To bad that big cat don't eat NOSEY TROUBLE MAKERS beacause he could just walk across the new bridge to the BENT CREEK MAYORS red brick house and have lunch! LOL
neighbor

United States

#11 Nov 18, 2011
The big cat was first seen up on greasey ridge!
That is cool

Proctorville, OH

#12 Nov 24, 2011
I wish you could kill it and show everyone what you found, and maybe people who quit acting stupid, or better yet, catch it and place it around the place of people you do not like.
Wow

Proctorville, OH

#13 Nov 27, 2011
Where was it first seen in greasy ridge?? I like no even a quarter mile away from where bent creek creek comes up greasy ridge.
akmed

Gibsonia, PA

#14 Dec 1, 2011
I seen one crossing the road several years ago after dark and also saw a footprint while 4 wheeling a few years ago!
country boy

Proctorville, OH

#15 Dec 4, 2011
theres a bob cat on bent creek, ive saw it twice. early morning an late evenin. its a big bob cat. it killed some of our chickens an tried to get the goats
Panther breeder

Proctorville, OH

#16 Dec 5, 2011
Its a purple panther, it is from chesapeake
Self Indulged

United States

#17 Dec 6, 2011
It eats green lizards
Bo Duke

Huntington, WV

#18 Dec 6, 2011
Me and Luke was out in the general lee and saw the MothMan hitch hiking on bent creek so maybe it was him!!!!!! ;-)
snoop

United States

#19 Dec 6, 2011
now folks just ask old man Heinz on greasy ridge he saw it and heard it scream!
tru

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2012
I saw one on Henson hallow in 03 .I was deer hunting. It wasn't black it was fawn colored

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coaches 1 hr Tucker 6
Jill Stapelton (Sep '14) 13 hr Ambiem King 12
Planet Fitness in old Kmart Mon lol 8
Title loan (Sep '16) Mon Brad 4
casey Kerns Sun Bahaha 2
Tyler Crabtree? (Oct '14) May 19 ThatOneBiitch 5
Rudy's pizzeria (Mar '16) May 17 Someone2 33

Chesapeake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance