Unrelenting Rain Takes Toll On DC Area

Unrelenting Rain Takes Toll On DC Area

There are 26 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from May 11, 2008, titled Unrelenting Rain Takes Toll On DC Area. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

Around 10:30 Sunday night, a crew of DC firefighters trained to handle collapse-rescue situations began a 34-mile response to Chesapeake Beach, MD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Coleen

Frederick, MD

#21 May 12, 2008
Frederick County Roads weren't listed, so here is the list of closed roads here:
The Frederick County Office of Highway Operations has revised its road closures, as of 2:30 p.m. The following roads are closed due to flooded conditions:
Simpsons Mill Road and Claybaugh Road
North Street in Libertytown
Shank Road
Stauffer Road
Sixes Road between Sixes Bridge Road and Grimes
Hornets Nest Road
Keysville Road at Carroll County Line
Sixes Bridge Road at Monocacy River
Mumma Ford Road at Carroll County Line
Lime Kiln Way at Lime Kiln Road
New Design Road at Md. 28 (WTP)
Prices Distillery Road at Md. 75
Retreat Road at Biggs Ford Road
Greenfield Road between Md. 28 and Md. 85
The department reports that some of these roads may be closed throughout the day and that additional road closures may be reported.

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#22 May 13, 2008
R U Kidding Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Blvd, is closed because part of it is gone. Here is the pic from channel 4. http://www.nbc4.com/slideshow/weather/1623977...
Becareful out there everyone, I hope all of you have a safe ride home.
Thanks for the additional info but I walked by all this last night after I got home. Latest I heard is that emergency repairs are expected to take at least 1 week. Needless to say this is going to hamper the daily commute. I also imagine businesses in Mapledale Plaza will be badly affected as well.

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#23 May 13, 2008
PWC Citizen wrote:
"Lake Ridge
-Dale Boulevard from Maple Dale to Nassau Drive (all four lanes)"
Dale Boulevard is in Dale City, not Lake Ridge.
Leave it to the news to get that wrong also. WUSA9, ABC7, and NBC4 need to make that correction. Fox5 was right in saying Dale City.
marg

Stafford, VA

#24 May 13, 2008
NOT one closure in Charles county. Yesterday trying to get home from 210 was a joke. a lot of blocked road but did not know till you got to the blockage.. this is ridiculous .. talk about a badly planning situation
Annoyed in Charles County

Potomac, MD

#25 May 13, 2008
All of the schools in Charles Co. were closed yesterday, due to the flooding on the roads. The problem is, a lot of folks leave to go to work EARLY, and they do NOT announce the closures until half the kids are already on their way to school and this makes parents have to turn around once they get to work (in DC) and go back home and either get a babysitter, or stay home with the kids. What's wrong with the weather announcers that they have to wait for hours to close the schools - just like when it snows - a repeat of the same slow poke decisions. Yes, 210 was a night mare and even though they did close the schools, again, they waited too long and again a lot of parents had to scramble. I give the announcers an "F" for waiting so long! Get your act together and stop wasting so many hours of waiting to decide on the closures. We rec'd 6-7 inches of rain, during the night. Use some common sense and save everyone some major head aches!

SLB

“Never settle for second best”

Since: Mar 07

MD

#26 May 14, 2008
Mark JM wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's not, then this storm sure put a dent into the deficit.
Considering we have had almost a foot and a half of rain since the beginning of April, I'd say we are out of the drought. I just got back from my parents just north of Jacksonville, FL and they desperately need the rain. Hopefully, this wet pattern will head south a little bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josephine Rubolotta Capritta from Phoenix livin... (May '16) Apr '17 Truthseeker 7
Searching for Joe and Buster (Oct '16) Oct '16 Nancy 1
News Maryland police find remains in freezer (Sep '08) May '16 Guest 4
Dunkirk Mobile home Park (Jan '16) Jan '16 Dunkirk Mobile ho... 1
New2ndLt1 12569 (May '15) May '15 Bill Croney 1
Review: Hydraulic Hoses And Fittings (Oct '13) Dec '14 maryjaneprincton 2
How do I determine if Term or Whole Life Insura... (Nov '13) Feb '14 Namya 3

Chesapeake Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chesapeake Beach Mortgages