Teen killed in chase involving Highwa...

Teen killed in chase involving Highway Patrol

There are 8 comments on the WCNC story from Dec 10, 2009, titled Teen killed in chase involving Highway Patrol. In it, WCNC reports that:

LINCOLNTON, N.C. An 18-year-old died Wednesday night after she lost control of her truck while being chased by a trooper, the Highway Patrol confirms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC.

sheepdog

Lillington, NC

#1 Dec 10, 2009
Very sad. My heart goes out to this family. As is the case many times with teenagers, her death is a result of a poor decision.
I agree

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Dec 11, 2009
I do not care what reason, any one-any age, IF a police car is behind you WITH bluelights, sirens, and flashing lights on the grills, PULL OVER !!
Trying to outrun them could, and more than maybe, end your life forever, if not someone elses. IF you are going to drive, do it legally!!!!
Have a license, have insurance, have a tag before you pull onto any public highway. Keep the illegal activites out of your car...then, you will NOT have any reason to try to outrun the police in the first place.
When will people learn this??
My heart goes out to this family. SUch a tragedy over something so simple as to pulling over for an officer. Poor judgement for real!
concernedInNC

Saint Cloud, FL

#3 Dec 12, 2009
Yes, she used poor judgement by not pulling over for the police.
I have no anger toward the officers involved in this tragedy that could have been prevented so easy if only she had only obeyed the law. I am so thankful she did not kill anyone else by running away from them like that and at the same time, my heart breaks just knowing she is gone now over this.

Since: Nov 08

Ellenboro, NC

#4 Dec 12, 2009
I love the way people can never take responsibility for that person's own actions. Let's just blame everyone else.

As for the boyfriend... how fast must he have been driving to catch up to the pursuit?
Whitey

Saint Cloud, FL

#5 Dec 14, 2009
Wild ass stuff gets you killed!!!!
Billy Womble

Saint Cloud, FL

#6 Dec 14, 2009
Yes, speed kills! I am glad an innocent family was not wipped out!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Dec 15, 2009
I agree wrote:
I do not care what reason, any one-any age, IF a police car is behind you WITH bluelights, sirens, and flashing lights on the grills, PULL OVER !!
Trying to outrun them could, and more than maybe, end your life forever, if not someone elses. IF you are going to drive, do it legally!!!!
Have a license, have insurance, have a tag before you pull onto any public highway. Keep the illegal activites out of your car...then, you will NOT have any reason to try to outrun the police in the first place.
When will people learn this??
My heart goes out to this family. SUch a tragedy over something so simple as to pulling over for an officer. Poor judgement for real!
I agree...but out in a rural area, if you are unsure if it is actually a LEO....some women prefer to go to a well lit and populated area....we do have blue-light fakers out there...you can never be too safe.
Lee Wilson

Huntersville, NC

#8 Dec 15, 2009
if your not going to pull over, then continue at a normal speed with you 4way lights on until you find a well lighted spot are where a store or homes are located, but dont try to out run the police. I blame some of this on the tv shows. i know a kid who jumped from a interstate bridge into the river because he saw it on jackass. Luckly he was not injured.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
michael beaver jr (Jul '12) Apr 13 Corey Michael Tay... 20
BEWARE Sexual Offender Apr 13 Lottafun 1
Lincolnton PD corruption or just idiots Apr 6 Fagman 7
News Payseur gets 19 years for murder (Sep '10) Mar '16 slingblade9809 5
News Campaign cash rolls in for Jason Saine Feb '16 DIANE 1
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Feb '16 CGJ 72
Corrupt justice Jan '16 Joshua keener 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages