House of Hope - Friday Family

Posted in the Cherryville Forum

Since: Aug 09

Hickory, NC

#1 Apr 27, 2013
Does anyone know the current status of the House of Hope that was opened by the Friday family? I was in Lincolnton last week and the store front on Aspen street looked like it had paper on the windows and was closed.
noOne

Casar, NC

#2 Apr 28, 2013
Either channel 3 news or channel 9 news did a story about this a few days ago so you might want to see that report about it.

Hickory, NC

#3 Apr 30, 2013
I found the story that Channel 3 did. House of Hope is actually going to move a couple doors down from where they currently are, and they will have regular hours. They also are now officially a nonprofit organization.
Ron Johnson

Greenville, SC

#4 May 4, 2013
noOne wrote:
Either channel 3 news or channel 9 news did a story about this a few days ago so you might want to see that report about it.
Are you refering to the story they done back in July of 2012? Or was there a recent one?

This place apparently is only open by invition or something but its funny considering people who are actually in need arent able to get the help. Plenty of locals are down on their luck because they spent their whole life working and now they barely have nothing.

The new store showed up a few weeks after the show aired this past christmas and claimed it would be open but it never did. I dont know if it ever did after their sign went up claiming they were reopening. If they are busy with other things then seek that out. If they wanna open a store to help people then open a store.

That shopping center is very very empty. Just recently a tanning place opened as well as something going on in Freds but that shopping center should see better stores. Pave the parking lot. Get a gamestop in there, an ollies, something anything...before all the brick and mortar buildings end up being just a website on the internet.

Hickory, NC

#5 May 26, 2013
The story I referred to was posted on April 18th... Here is the link: http://www.wbtv.com/category/240205/video-lan...
moonchild624

Apex, NC

#6 Jul 14, 2014
So where is the House of Hope now? Was by there on Saturday and the place is empty and the sign is gone. Anyway know?
WindsOfLove

Lincolnton, NC

#7 Aug 6, 2014
Read this article. Your answer is found at the very end of this article.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/18982031/psi-what-h...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Tue zoe298 91
Board of Elections proposes new early voting plan Oct 26 TreeHuggy 6
New Business's Opening (Aug '11) Oct 24 GaryLB 73
who knew lincolnton has new pet store Oct 21 eric 1
Former Cherryville Police Chief Oct 21 Sylvester201 1
Pop Warner football Oct 21 Wow2 23
Union Fire Department marks 50 years of serving... Oct 20 Ace Davis 5
Cherryville Dating
Find my Match

Cherryville People Search