Halloween on Oct. 30? Some Gaston tow...

Halloween on Oct. 30? Some Gaston towns say yes

There are 37 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Halloween on Oct. 30? Some Gaston towns say yes. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

Tell us what you think: Comment here or go to The Gaston Gazette or Gaston County School Closings on Facebook to tell us what you think about Halloween on Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brandy Nobles

Charlotte, NC

#1 Oct 13, 2010
Should have it on Sat not Sun because of its a pagen holiday need to have it oct 30.
CMAC

Charlotte, NC

#2 Oct 13, 2010
Halloween is an annual holiday observed on October 31. It has roots in the Celtic festival of Samhain and the Christian holiday All Saints' Day, but is today largely a secular celebration.
Many Christian holidays can trace their roots back to pagan holidays.
Google it sometime.
lulz

Gastonia, NC

#3 Oct 13, 2010
im at school
JustMe

Charlotte, NC

#5 Oct 13, 2010
Kids will be happy to get candy and havd fun of either day. Make it Saturday night so they can not mess up church of Sunday.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 13, 2010
Every day is Halloween for Mr. Logic.
Hawk

Charlotte, NC

#7 Oct 13, 2010
K Collins wrote:
In 100 years now one will care

Location hidden

#8 Oct 13, 2010
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
In 100 years now one will care
Thank you.
Hawk

Charlotte, NC

#9 Oct 14, 2010
K Collins wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you.
Wow Collins can trick or treat on topix. I know people ugly enough to trick or treat over the phone but the net!!!! I see now why he puts up a pic of Reagan. He should have used the chimp instead. JERK

Location hidden

#10 Oct 14, 2010
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Collins can trick or treat on topix. I know people ugly enough to trick or treat over the phone but the net!!!! I see now why he puts up a pic of Reagan. He should have used the chimp instead. JERK
You continue to reinforce my opinion of the current state of Mount Holly.
Hawk

Charlotte, NC

#11 Oct 14, 2010
K Collins wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to reinforce my opinion of the current state of Mount Holly.
How so by calling you out about being a JERK!!!! Or has Mt Holly become a mirror and your opinion is your own reflection. Stop being a JERK and give something back to the youth of the community. Maybe that will improve your opinion and maybe help with that stick that seems to be up your butt.
stacey

Charlotte, NC

#12 Oct 14, 2010
halloween is october 31st, why would want to change it, church is sunday morning children dont go trick or treating till 6pm, people have parties and there are other things to do on saturday night
EgThespian

Mount Holly, NC

#13 Oct 27, 2010
Actually Stacey church is also on Sunday night and most churches start around 6
MrLogic

Charlotte, NC

#14 Oct 27, 2010
K Collins wrote:
Well looky here, lol. I didnt even have to post to this thread for a personal attack, lol.

Hey Kelly, are you gonna dress up like a Mt. Holly council member?
klemon01

Gastonia, NC

#15 Oct 28, 2010
Halloween is on Oct 31....every year....celebrate it on Oct 31.....every year. And if the "pagan" holiday is getting in the way of your "christian" beliefs, then go to your local church's fall festival! Halloween is on Oct 31-----PERIOD!

Since: May 09

Cherryville and Lincolnton

#16 Oct 28, 2010
Anyone know when any churches are having trunk or treating and where they are? They are safer than going house to house. Thanks
MrLogic

Charlotte, NC

#17 Oct 28, 2010
selina grantt wrote:
Anyone know when any churches are having trunk or treating and where they are? They are safer than going house to house. Thanks
Some churches in Stanley are having "trunk or treating" on Sunday night. How is that safer than going from house to house? It take part of the experience away from your children.
I Love Mt Holly

Charlotte, NC

#18 Oct 28, 2010
Hawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You two people are killing me! I can't ever stop laughing at your remarks. I walk to the other room to brush my teeth, think about it and spew! Ahahahhaa!
I Love Mt Holly

Charlotte, NC

#19 Oct 28, 2010
I wonder if you two have ever been sitting in the same restaurant or in line one behind the other in the grocery store or post office (Kelly and Hawk) and had a civil conversation about how long it's taking in line or to get your food and didn't realize you were the posters here???? Oh my goodness!

Since: Oct 10

Charlotte, NC

#20 Oct 28, 2010
I Love Mt Holly wrote:
I wonder if you two have ever been sitting in the same restaurant or in line one behind the other in the grocery store or post office (Kelly and Hawk) and had a civil conversation about how long it's taking in line or to get your food and didn't realize you were the posters here???? Oh my goodness!
I wonder that same thing all the time.
I Love Mt Holly

Charlotte, NC

#21 Oct 28, 2010
cyclechick wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder that same thing all the time.
SMILE!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trying to contact my son Tue hmmmmmmm 2
looking for jamie walmer (Feb '14) Tue hmmmmmmm 6
Looking for a female Tue John E 6
News Lincolnton mom kidnaps and robs 18-year-old dau... Tue curious george 1
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Mar 19 Mchellebanks 74
News Crime 15 mins ago 1:11 p.m.Four people charged ... (Jul '16) Mar 19 Mchellebanks 5
News Teen remembered for wanting to help others (Jan '15) Mar 19 Mchellebanks 4

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages