the double drive thru at Mc D's

Posted in the Cherryville Forum

Ronald

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Aug 11, 2013
As for the old McDonalds, I do not like the double drive thru at all. The lady at the window ask me three times what did I want to order. After the third time, I answered, "The last three times you have asked me that I have not moved yet!" She said sorry.
Then I drive up to get into the one lane finally and make it to the 1st window to pay and I ask if this was for the 2 daily double cheeseburgers, she replied "yes".
I made it to the 2nd window and the guy had the bag hanging out the window already as if I were to drive by and grab it and keep moving.
I looked in the bag and noticed a french fry was added so I knew then I had the wrong order, but, then it just came to my mind that they must have given me the fry for having to wait over the 60 sec rule ( like 5 minutes not 60 seconds) so I drove off and went home. I open the bag to discover I had the extra fry added but I only had 2 regular cheeseburgers......errrrrrrrr. I hate that place now for twice this has happened since the double drive thru has opened.
Anyone else having this issue also?
BEWARE

Morganton, NC

#2 Aug 12, 2013
I was just told that a lady went to the older McDonalds in Lincolnton and they swiped her card 3 times in a row. Each time the cashier said the card did not go through. The lady did not have any cash on her so she told the cashier to cancel her order then and left.
When the lady left, she drove to the bank teller machine to just get the cash to go on over to the new McDonalds and get her order there since the card did not work anymore.
She drove home and looked online at her statement at the bank. The old McDonalds 3 time swipes had been charged to her account. So counting those swipes plus the cash at the new McDonalds, her supper cost her over $100+. SO PEOPLE BE CAREFUL USING THOSE CARDS !!
twitty10

Cherryville, NC

#3 Aug 13, 2013
BEWARE wrote:
I was just told that a lady went to the older McDonalds in Lincolnton and they swiped her card 3 times in a row. Each time the cashier said the card did not go through. The lady did not have any cash on her so she told the cashier to cancel her order then and left.
When the lady left, she drove to the bank teller machine to just get the cash to go on over to the new McDonalds and get her order there since the card did not work anymore.
She drove home and looked online at her statement at the bank. The old McDonalds 3 time swipes had been charged to her account. So counting those swipes plus the cash at the new McDonalds, her supper cost her over $100+. SO PEOPLE BE CAREFUL USING THOSE CARDS !!
If a credit card is used and does not go through for some reason or another, MOST of the time there is a charge of $100.00 and shows only as $1.00 on your online statement, but that will be taken off in approximately 24 hours. "I" think this is a safety feature that is used by all bankcards. If you have online banking or access alerts by phone, this will let you know that either you or someone else is using or has tried to use your card and you can call the bank to refuse payment IF you did not try to make the payment. Most business, especially service stations put a $100.00 hold, but this will come off once transaction is approved and paid by your bank.
BEWARE

Forest City, NC

#4 Aug 15, 2013
Thanks twitty10, she has gotten it all straightened out on her account.

Since: Jun 13

United States

#5 Sep 7, 2013
Ronald wrote:
As for the old McDonalds, I do not like the double drive thru at all. The lady at the window ask me three times what did I want to order. After the third time, I answered, "The last three times you have asked me that I have not moved yet!" She said sorry.
Then I drive up to get into the one lane finally and make it to the 1st window to pay and I ask if this was for the 2 daily double cheeseburgers, she replied "yes".
I made it to the 2nd window and the guy had the bag hanging out the window already as if I were to drive by and grab it and keep moving.
I looked in the bag and noticed a french fry was added so I knew then I had the wrong order, but, then it just came to my mind that they must have given me the fry for having to wait over the 60 sec rule ( like 5 minutes not 60 seconds) so I drove off and went home. I open the bag to discover I had the extra fry added but I only had 2 regular cheeseburgers......errrrrrrrr. I hate that place now for twice this has happened since the double drive thru has opened.
Anyone else having this issue also?
It has nothing to do with the double drive ups, it has everything to do with the fact that the people taking and filling orders just don't pay attention to what they're doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... May 23 Solomon 1
I blame you all. May 20 Huhhhh 2
wrecks on HWY 27 West May 20 concerned 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) May 9 FDG 100
Sex Drive (Sep '10) Apr '15 sexcaliber 4
News Man airlifted after head-on collision (Sep '12) Apr '15 Irving 2
The Old Crowell Hospital on Aspen Street. (Sep '11) Apr '15 Boyce W 20
More from around the web

Cherryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE