Lonnie Lingerfelt

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2014
On the morning of January 5th my neighbor, Paula Shipley, lost pretty much everything she had in a fire she just barely made it out of. All she has left is her car and a 3 month old kitten that bit and scratched her until she woke up. A fund to help her has been set up at Woodforest Bank at Wall-Mart. Any help is very greatly appreciated.
Walkingyellowcat

Simpsonville, SC

#2 Jan 13, 2014
Is there an address I can sent money too? I do not live in Cherryville but would like to help.
Lonnie Lingerfelt

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 27, 2014
Thank you Walkingyellowcat. I would not feel comfortable asking people to send money to my address. Mrs. Shipley is a widow, and is currently staying with her nephew. The Woodforest Bank in Cherryville, Shelby and Belmont NC have accounts set up in her name. As far as I know, they are taking donations by phone or online. I have had some other neighbors come to my home with donations of money, clothing, appliances and furniture. The support has been a blessing!!! I'm also taking care of the kitten that saved her life. He is eating better than I do!! Thank you so much for any help you can give!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Threat of closures looms over Bi-Lo stores in G... 3 hr longtimebilo 2
Brent Heavner- where is he? 8 hr DumbandDumiest 95
News The noise happened sometime Sunday around 7 p.m... 11 hr updated 2
News Silver Alert issued for man with autism who wal... 12 hr updated 3
Sheriff Election part 2 Thu Todd 25
News Poker Run to aid burn victims (Jul '09) Thu Say whatttttt 7
Shane Cauthen Feb 19 tammie barra 12

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance