Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59150 Aug 8, 2014
Red do you have any mobility issues?
My aunt, the liberals liberal, can't get around much, she's quite old.
My cousins ,and I , when I lived in Texas, always took her to vote.
She fully intends to put her vote in for Wendy Davis.
I asked her once, why she bothered to vote, knowing full well that her liberal candidates were doomed, in Texas.
She said, "sometimes, win or lose, you have to fight the fight".
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59151 Aug 8, 2014
If you don't fight the fight, win or lose, then you've lost out, non-participation is too cynical for me.
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#59152 Aug 8, 2014
The one thing that is true about Right Wingers.....they LOVE their hypocrites! If a hypocrite is on the ballot, they will get the Winger vote.

By all accounts, this hypocrite won. So all you poor Tennessee women who find yourself in a desperate situation, remember, this guy is doing his best to make something ILLEGAL for you that is fine for him, his mistress, the patients he took advantage of, his wife, and all the other RICH Republican hypocrites out there.

Geez....they make me want to vomit.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Anyone who's opened an article about Rep. Scott DesJarlais (R-Tenn.) in the past two years has read the same thing in the opening paragraph: DesJarlais, a physician and outspoken opponent of reproductive rights, is a serial philanderer who has slept with some of his patients, and pressured one of them to get an abortion, on top of the two occasions on which he pressured his ex-wife to do the same."

"Which makes a certain amount of sense, if one assumes that these organizations exist to rehabilitate the reputations of hypocritical politicians. If, however, one operates on the assumption that these groups exist to ensure that reliably anti-abortion lawmakers end up in office, it becomes harder to see what the "squandered opportunity" is. If DesJarlais returns to the House of Representatives, he'll return with his sterling anti-abortion voting record. And while he'll return with the word "hypocrite" tattooed across his glutes, let's face it -- "[THING X] for me but not for thee" is fairly standard operating procedure for [Republican] members of Congress."
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#59153 Aug 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I don't understand your continual criticism of me relating to my ability to read at an early age.
I think I've enumerated my failings in life many times here, the only thing I've excelled at in my life, is reading, and that at an early age.
State, be advised.
Not everyone on planet Earth who happens to hold an opinion that is counter to yours, is an"idiot".
I've said my piece, State.
Thank goodness I'm more mature than you, SOF.
You idiot.:-):-):-)
When someone tells me they "read" something, you expect that person to gain some thought and ideas from the process in exchange for the time spent. To say that you "read" War and Peace at age 4 is extremely questionable, but I will ask you for verification. How much of War and Peace did you compehend at age 4? You actually could read and understand all the words of this work of literature at age 4 and could relate to others it's concepts?
Victoria

Sparta, NC

#59154 Aug 8, 2014
The Big, Long, 30-Year Conservative Lie

Inequality, conservatives insist, is natural. Trying to combat it will slow growth. Well, guess who now says otherwise? Standard and Poor’s.

"Conservatives have dominated discussions of poverty for a generation with arguments like this one. It’s completely wrong. It’s more than that—it’s just a lie, concocted as cover for policies that overwhelmingly favored the rich. But it took the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression for many economists, liberal or not, to finally say publicly what many had long argued: inequality is bad for the economy.

The latest to say so is the rating agency Standard and Poor’s, not exactly a bastion of lefty propaganda. An S & P report released August 5 says that rising inequality—gaps in both income and wealth—between the very rich and the rest of us is hurting economic growth. The agency downgraded its forecast for the economy in the coming years because of the record level of inequality and the lack of policy changes to correct for it. The report’s authors argue against the notion that caring about equality necessarily involves a trade off with “efficiency,” that is, a well-functioning economy."
~~~~~~~~~~

Poor & middle class Republicans voting for their own economic failure. It has never failed to amaze me. Goebbels was correct:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

The Right Wing Propaganda Machine would make Goebbels so proud.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59155 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
When someone tells me they "read" something, you expect that person to gain some thought and ideas from the process in exchange for the time spent. To say that you "read" War and Peace at age 4 is extremely questionable, but I will ask you for verification. How much of War and Peace did you compehend at age 4? You actually could read and understand all the words of this work of literature at age 4 and could relate to others it's concepts?
Yes.
I would rather that I had been a child prodigy at piano.
My IQ is only 117, so I guess my sister was right, when she called me an idiot savant.
Sisters.
(I know I'm not an idiot savant, my sister has a strange sense of humor).
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59156 Aug 8, 2014
Maybe someone here can illuminate why LBJ's three trillion dollar war on poverty, his "Great Society", was such an abject failure?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59157 Aug 8, 2014
Victoria wrote:
The Big, Long, 30-Year Conservative Lie
Inequality, conservatives insist, is natural. Trying to combat it will slow growth. Well, guess who now says otherwise? Standard and Poor’s.
"Conservatives have dominated discussions of poverty for a generation with arguments like this one. It’s completely wrong. It’s more than that—it’s just a lie, concocted as cover for policies that overwhelmingly favored the rich. But it took the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression for many economists, liberal or not, to finally say publicly what many had long argued: inequality is bad for the economy.
The latest to say so is the rating agency Standard and Poor’s, not exactly a bastion of lefty propaganda. An S & P report released August 5 says that rising inequality—gaps in both income and wealth—between the very rich and the rest of us is hurting economic growth. The agency downgraded its forecast for the economy in the coming years because of the record level of inequality and the lack of policy changes to correct for it. The report’s authors argue against the notion that caring about equality necessarily involves a trade off with “efficiency,” that is, a well-functioning economy."
~~~~~~~~~~
Poor & middle class Republicans voting for their own economic failure. It has never failed to amaze me. Goebbels was correct:
“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
The Right Wing Propaganda Machine would make Goebbels so proud.
. So, you agree, that the income gap inequality under Obama has increased?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#59158 Aug 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Yes.
I would rather that I had been a child prodigy at piano.
My IQ is only 117, so I guess my sister was right, when she called me an idiot savant.
Sisters.
(I know I'm not an idiot savant, my sister has a strange sense of humor).
That doesn't answer the question. The question is how much of War and Peace could you comprehendat age 4 and relate this thought to others?
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59159 Aug 8, 2014
Victoria, with her usual naïveté, assumes only the Evil Right Wing
uses propaganda.
How sad, to worry about the splinter in my eye, while ignoring the plank in hers.
TSF

La Grange, NC

#59160 Aug 8, 2014
Uh oh. There goes another trillion dollars. Republican must be ecstatic. We are back in the war game. What I want to know is who gets the oil?
Waco 1909 wrote:
Obama, our President, has authorized air strikes against ISIS..... imagine that...
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59161 Aug 8, 2014
TSF, Caldwell says it's two million bucks short, will be forced to get rid of teachers assistants.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59162 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question. The question is how much of War and Peace could you comprehendat age 4 and relate this thought to others?
I identified with Pierre obviously.
The romantic aspects of the novel I could only guess at, after all, I was a child.
I remember thinking that Pierre was disillusioned with life, that his decision to attempt an assassination of Napoleon was a way to die, and save the lives of others at the same time.
Waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#59163 Aug 8, 2014
Obama approved airstrikes, which just hit ISIS artillery.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#59164 Aug 8, 2014
Yep, the "air war" has begun. But "we will not go back to Iraq"....on the ground at least. LMAO, anything for a vote, including eat crow.
David

Franklin, NC

#59165 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
No RWer could even begin to comprehend that. Just as some people are born to be gay, I think many others are born to be Pharisees. We have several on here.
Why would John the Baptist even exhort the Pharisees to " repent" if they were " born" that way? Something a self proclaimed liberal might consider before making hasty calls on other people's beliefs.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#59166 Aug 8, 2014
Seems like every time "I'm not doing it" is said, someone around the world pushes the button. Then guess what........? It's the next crow pie. Gotta come out, find a way, and then do exactly opposite what was PROMISED not to do, black feathers everywhere.
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#59167 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you playing checkers in McArthur park with the old men by the trees?
What's wrong with old age ? With playing checkers ? I enjoy both old timer !
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#59168 Aug 8, 2014
"Outside of Jewish history and writings, Pharisees have been made notable by references in the New Testament to conflicts between themselves and John the Baptist[4] and with Jesus. There are also several references in the New Testament to Paul of Tarsus being a Pharisee.[5] However, the relationship between Early Christianity and Pharisees was not always hostile, e.g. Gamaliel is often cited as a Pharisaic leader who was sympathetic to Christians.[6] Christian traditions have been a cause of widespread awareness of the Pharisees."
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#59169 Aug 8, 2014
"Conflicts between Pharisees and Sadducees took place in the context of much broader and longstanding social and religious conflicts among Jews, dating back to the Babylonian captivity and exacerbated by the Roman conquest. " "The Babylonian captivity (or Babylonian exile) is the period in Jewish history during which a number of Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylonia. After the Battle of Carchemish in 605 BCE, Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem, resulting in tribute being paid by King Jehoiakim.[1] Jehoiakim refused to pay tribute in Nebuchadnezzar's fourth year, which led to another siege in Nebuchadnezzar's seventh year, culminating with the death of Jehoiakim, and the exile of King Jeconiah, his court and many others; Jeconiah's successor Zedekiah and others were exiled in Nebuchadnezzar's eighteenth year; a later deportation occurred in Nebuchadnezzar's twenty-third year. These deportations are dated to 597 BCE, c. 587 BCE, and c. 582 BCE, respectively. After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Jews began to return to the land of Judah." People have been kicking Jews for a long time, seems they want it to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
west lincoln high school Tue mcaskey16 1
man arrested Mon rroberta46 1
A Little Pink Boutique: Local Internet scam?! Jun 14 Karen Alvarez 12
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Jun 7 FDG 102
News Gaston County teacher accused of soliciting min... May '15 Bard De Belmont 2
News Is Gaston land still over-valued? May '15 High Pitch 2
I blame you all. May '15 Huhhhh 2
More from around the web

Cherryville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages