Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#59159 Aug 8, 2014
Victoria, with her usual naïveté, assumes only the Evil Right Wing
uses propaganda.
How sad, to worry about the splinter in my eye, while ignoring the plank in hers.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#59160 Aug 8, 2014
Uh oh. There goes another trillion dollars. Republican must be ecstatic. We are back in the war game. What I want to know is who gets the oil?
Waco 1909 wrote:
Obama, our President, has authorized air strikes against ISIS..... imagine that...
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#59161 Aug 8, 2014
TSF, Caldwell says it's two million bucks short, will be forced to get rid of teachers assistants.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#59162 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
That doesn't answer the question. The question is how much of War and Peace could you comprehendat age 4 and relate this thought to others?
I identified with Pierre obviously.
The romantic aspects of the novel I could only guess at, after all, I was a child.
I remember thinking that Pierre was disillusioned with life, that his decision to attempt an assassination of Napoleon was a way to die, and save the lives of others at the same time.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#59163 Aug 8, 2014
Obama approved airstrikes, which just hit ISIS artillery.
Ben

Greer, SC

#59164 Aug 8, 2014
Yep, the "air war" has begun. But "we will not go back to Iraq"....on the ground at least. LMAO, anything for a vote, including eat crow.
David

Franklin, NC

#59165 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
No RWer could even begin to comprehend that. Just as some people are born to be gay, I think many others are born to be Pharisees. We have several on here.
Why would John the Baptist even exhort the Pharisees to " repent" if they were " born" that way? Something a self proclaimed liberal might consider before making hasty calls on other people's beliefs.
Ben

Greer, SC

#59166 Aug 8, 2014
Seems like every time "I'm not doing it" is said, someone around the world pushes the button. Then guess what........? It's the next crow pie. Gotta come out, find a way, and then do exactly opposite what was PROMISED not to do, black feathers everywhere.
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#59167 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you playing checkers in McArthur park with the old men by the trees?
What's wrong with old age ? With playing checkers ? I enjoy both old timer !
Ben

Greer, SC

#59168 Aug 8, 2014
"Outside of Jewish history and writings, Pharisees have been made notable by references in the New Testament to conflicts between themselves and John the Baptist[4] and with Jesus. There are also several references in the New Testament to Paul of Tarsus being a Pharisee.[5] However, the relationship between Early Christianity and Pharisees was not always hostile, e.g. Gamaliel is often cited as a Pharisaic leader who was sympathetic to Christians.[6] Christian traditions have been a cause of widespread awareness of the Pharisees."
Ben

Greer, SC

#59169 Aug 8, 2014
"Conflicts between Pharisees and Sadducees took place in the context of much broader and longstanding social and religious conflicts among Jews, dating back to the Babylonian captivity and exacerbated by the Roman conquest. " "The Babylonian captivity (or Babylonian exile) is the period in Jewish history during which a number of Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylonia. After the Battle of Carchemish in 605 BCE, Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem, resulting in tribute being paid by King Jehoiakim.[1] Jehoiakim refused to pay tribute in Nebuchadnezzar's fourth year, which led to another siege in Nebuchadnezzar's seventh year, culminating with the death of Jehoiakim, and the exile of King Jeconiah, his court and many others; Jeconiah's successor Zedekiah and others were exiled in Nebuchadnezzar's eighteenth year; a later deportation occurred in Nebuchadnezzar's twenty-third year. These deportations are dated to 597 BCE, c. 587 BCE, and c. 582 BCE, respectively. After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Jews began to return to the land of Judah." People have been kicking Jews for a long time, seems they want it to stop.
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#59170 Aug 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Obama approved airstrikes, which just hit ISIS artillery.
ISIS. I'm sure they don't have American weapons.
David

Franklin, NC

#59171 Aug 8, 2014
Ben wrote:
"Outside of Jewish history and writings, Pharisees have been made notable by references in the New Testament to conflicts between themselves and John the Baptist[4] and with Jesus. There are also several references in the New Testament to Paul of Tarsus being a Pharisee.[5] However, the relationship between Early Christianity and Pharisees was not always hostile, e.g. Gamaliel is often cited as a Pharisaic leader who was sympathetic to Christians.[6] Christian traditions have been a cause of widespread awareness of the Pharisees."
They were mostly hostile (Pharisees attempting to stamp out early Christianity). Gamaliel and very few others of his kind were tolerant of the followers of Jesus. In fact, his star pupil persecuted, imprisoned and murdered Christians. We all know what happened to his pupil later on though.
David

Franklin, NC

#59172 Aug 8, 2014
Ben wrote:
"Conflicts between Pharisees and Sadducees took place in the context of much broader and longstanding social and religious conflicts among Jews, dating back to the Babylonian captivity and exacerbated by the Roman conquest. " "The Babylonian captivity (or Babylonian exile) is the period in Jewish history during which a number of Jews of the ancient Kingdom of Judah were captives in Babylonia. After the Battle of Carchemish in 605 BCE, Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem, resulting in tribute being paid by King Jehoiakim.[1] Jehoiakim refused to pay tribute in Nebuchadnezzar's fourth year, which led to another siege in Nebuchadnezzar's seventh year, culminating with the death of Jehoiakim, and the exile of King Jeconiah, his court and many others; Jeconiah's successor Zedekiah and others were exiled in Nebuchadnezzar's eighteenth year; a later deportation occurred in Nebuchadnezzar's twenty-third year. These deportations are dated to 597 BCE, c. 587 BCE, and c. 582 BCE, respectively. After the fall of Babylon to the Persian king Cyrus the Great in 539 BCE, exiled Jews began to return to the land of Judah." People have been kicking Jews for a long time, seems they want it to stop.
Here is the thing. The Jews got exiled for a reason; not just because they were "Jews." Right?
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#59173 Aug 8, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I misunderstood. I have never been to prison. How does the use of exclamation marks relate to a person's age?
Exclamation marks. You know. Old people hard of hearing? What did you say?! I'm just messing with you sir.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#59174 Aug 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>. So, you agree, that the income gap inequality under Obama has increased?
It increased because the GOP Congress did absolutely nothing to address the problems that President Obama offered solutions for.

President Obama wanted a higher minimum wage. Republicans wanted more tax cuts for the rich. President Obama wanted increased spending to fix our crumbling infrastructure (which would created jobs for the middle class). Republicans wanted more tax cuts for the rich. President Obama wanted more job creation. Republicans want more tax cuts for the rich.

President Obama has done everything in his power to reduce inequality. Republicans have bucked him at every turn, preferring MORE TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH.

Why are you so deceitful about this issue. You know damn well where the problem lies.

If not for your deceitful comments, you would have nothing to say.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#59175 Aug 8, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Maybe someone here can illuminate why LBJ's three trillion dollar war on poverty, his "Great Society", was such an abject failure?
It wasn't a failure. Things IMPROVED until that old deceiver, Ronald Reagan, took office and put America's middle class back on the road towards poverty.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#59176 Aug 8, 2014
Franklin wrote:
<quoted text> ISIS. I'm sure they don't have American weapons.
You are correct, another disastrous result of Bush's stupid war. ISIS is killing innocent people with AMERICAN weapons.

If there was some stupid choice for Bush to make, he made it. And there are still idiots out there with "Miss Me Yet" bumper stickers with the moron's ridiculous face.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#59177 Aug 8, 2014
I did NOT mean to start a discussion on religion. I just made an observation that Right Wingers had an Old Testament, hateful version of life. While Liberals had a Jesus-style, compassionate, NEW Testament version of life.
Ben

Greer, SC

#59178 Aug 8, 2014
“The president’s decision to use force in Iraq was appropriate given the circumstances,” House Armed Services Committee Chairman Howard P. McKeon said Friday.

“We must all understand that [IS] threatens both the Iraqi people and poses a clear and present danger to the United States. It is regrettable that [IS'] rise was preventable, but we must now look forward to the task ahead.”

Obama sent more than 800 U.S. troops to Iraq after the groups’ gains, mainly to protect the U.S. embassy and its personnel. The troops have also helped to provide security cooperation to Iraq’s military." 1600 American feet on the ground. Crow feathers. http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/8/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farewell Keith Hobart Lane Apr 16 old pal 1
News Lincolnton Easter egg hunt back for 70th year Apr 12 oh well its me 1
News Store employee charged with stealing lotto tickets Apr 12 oh well its me 1
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Apr 7 jenn0098 76
I love a good woman that can squirt Apr 3 John 8 1
Looking for a Benita she use to be a Cook Mar '17 John E 11
News Belmont man charged in two more home repair fra... (Jul '08) Mar '17 Morningangel59 23

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages