Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50722 Apr 11, 2014
Interest only payments.Talk about throwing money away.
Ben

Greer, SC

#50723 Apr 11, 2014
Mike Dickinson, a 34-year-old Richmond Democrat seeking the House seat currently held by Rep. Eric Cantor, R-Va., received what was called a "chilly reception" from Spotsylvania County Democrats Monday night, fredricksburg.com reported. Local Democrats like Richard Toye reportedly expressed concerns over Dickinson's association with local strip clubs and his lack of experience.

According to Jeff Branscome, Toye told Dickinson there was “no way” the 7th District Democratic Committee would nominate him.

"So far," Branscome said, "no other Democrats have announced plans to seek the party’s nomination."

If that happens, Toye reportedly told Dickinson that he'd "have to support that no-candidate option” at the convention.

Dickinson, who admitted doing consulting work for adult businesses, recently sent a letter to the editor of The Free Lance–Star castigating some Democratic women who opposed his candidacy because of his “background in business with adult clubs.”

Dickinson, however, said that “judging people by outdated stereotypes is exactly what Democrats are supposed to be against.”

Spotsylvania Democratic Committee member Opal Stroup took exception to his letter.

“You’re asking us to donate money to you, you’re asking us to work our butts off for you but then you write a letter to the editor that attacks women in Chesterfield,” she said.“Do you think that’s a real wise strategy?”

She also asked about letters he wrote to the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

In January 2013, Dickinson claimed to be the CEO of Mid-Atlantic Showclubs, an adult business.

“But tonight you said you just consulted,” Stroup told Dickinson.“So which is it? You either misrepresented yourself to the public or you’re misrepresenting now.”

“I was a lobbyist working for a company, and I wrote what I had to write on paper to get the job done," Dickinson replied.

Recently, Dickinson accused Fox News of lying and suggested the network be monitored and regulated by the FCC.

"Fox News does nothing but tell lies and mistruths. They have unqualified political analysts. We need FCC to monitor and regulate them," he said on Twitter.

When confronted by Sean Hannity on an interview that aired Tuesday, Dickinson claimed the network lied by referring to the Affordable Care Act as Obamacare. He also claimed the network promotes hate by calling the ACA "Obamacare," apparently unaware that President Obama has called the law "Obamacare."

On Wednesday, he told Hannity the FCC should monitor all networks to ensure only news is presented.

Dickinson has also claimed the NRA descended from the KKK, and claimed the Tea Party and the KKK are "one in the same.

After Tuesday's interview, Dickinson said those who want the truth in the Benghazi terror attack suffer from a mental disorder. He doubled down on Wednesday, playing the race card.

"Benghazi truthers show the true racism in this country. Bush got treated innocent till guilty with 9/11,President Obama guilty till innocent," he said " I hope this guy stays in the race. Every vote he gets cancels another Dems vote. I sent Fox an email telling them to leave the guy alone. His lying will keep him from winning and he cancels Dems votes. It's a win win. LMAO
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50724 Apr 11, 2014
Carin Koch was selected as the captain of the European Solheim Cup today.He was immediately attacked on the floor of the Senate by Harry Reid as being"Un-American".
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50725 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Mine at Chancellorsville......The prevailing view today is that Confederate soldiers were racist scum....do you subscribe to that view?
ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!

Anyone who does has swallowed Yankee War PROPAGANDA hook line and sinker..

Slavery Had NOTHING to do with the War Between the States.

Taht War was Fought over $$$ Money, as are almost All Wars...
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50726 Apr 11, 2014
The South Chose the Name Confederacy because in the original U.S. Articles of Confederation, any State that wanted to withdraw from the Union was allowed to do so.

CSA President Jefferson Davis Was THE leading Authority on the U.S. Constitution in the United States.

The Radical Republicans wanted to take him to court and charge him with Sedition and Treason. They didn't because they were warned by the Top Lawyers in the North that Jeff Davis would PROVE in Court that the South had every right to leave the Union...

U.S. Officials went to the Prison Dungeon where Davis was chained to the wall and offered him his Freedom IF he would leave the U.S.A. for One Year...

Jefferson agreed and went to England, stayed one year, and went home to his plantation.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50727 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
ABSOLUTELY NOT !!!!
Anyone who does has swallowed Yankee War PROPAGANDA hook line and sinker..
Slavery Had NOTHING to do with the War Between the States.
Taht War was Fought over $$$ Money, as are almost All Wars...
That's odd,I didn't think you'd be of that opinion. History is written by the winners, they say.I'd rather not fight that war again, it would be even bloodier.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50728 Apr 11, 2014
It's bad form to initiate a war over filthy lucre.So, some"moral"reasons are scrounged up to make the butchery more palatable, more"glorious".
When you see a person who's been shot in the stomach with a .50 caliber, the word"glory"never pops into your head.....
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50729 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
Rock I believe the liberal Americans here are lumping all conservatives together as very bad people.This question of raising taxes to support babies who aren't aborted at birth is an example.They could raise my taxes until I couldn't afford shoes, if these babies could be saved.Black babies, white, yellow, brown, and every color in between.If every one of these babies grew up to be far left liberals I'd still count myself lucky to have contributed in a small way to their being alive.
Complete Bullshit. You rail against food stamps and welfare the way it is now. If there were more to support, you would go completely nuts! And you know.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#50730 Apr 11, 2014
And I guess Rock is too cs to answer a simple question. He has avoided the hell out of it so far.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50731 Apr 11, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
The really ironic thing is I am also from an old Southern family from.....Savannah, Georgia!! I find it amazing that StateofFlorida is too. We could be related. OMG! Who knows.
I have Confederate soldiers in my family tree. In one little old Southern town there is still a statue of an ancestor of mine, a Confederate hero. I am sure that State will answer your question but I want to answer it as well. I don't think the belief systems that are acceptable today should be used against people of past eras. Anyone who has studied and admired Jefferson knows how impossible that is to do.
The Civil War was a stupid mess. But then again, all wars are. The majority of the Confederate soldiers were just dupes for a rich man's war. Again, which is what most wars are.
You.State.Patriot.
All from Savannah? That is very interesting.Didn't know you all knew one another on a personal basis.
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50732 Apr 11, 2014
The War Between the States was fought over Lighthouses, Roads, Bridges, Infrastructure, Trade with England and France, Taxes Collected in the South and Spent in the North........

The Primary Source of Revenue at that time came fromTaxes collected by Port City Customs Officers. Look at a Map, the Yankee Ports run Only from Maine to Maryland. The Southern Port Cities run all the way down the East Coast, around Florida, and on around the coast of the Gulf of Mexico to Mexico..

The vast bulk of U.S. Taxes were collected in the South and Spent in the North.

The U.S./ Coast Guard was formed to prevent ships from offloading their cargo along the Coast without paying the Tariff Taxes on their cargo.

The Founding Fathers sowed the seeds of the War Between the States when they allowed representation in the House of Representatives by Population.
The Northern Politicians outnumbered and outvoted the Southern Politicians on every Tax Spending Proposal.

Fistfights and Hatred was common in the House of Representatives for decades BEFORE the Civil War... There was ONLY One Remedy to the intolerable situation..Secession from the Union..
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50733 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
The South Chose the Name Confederacy because in the original U.S. Articles of Confederation, any State that wanted to withdraw from the Union was allowed to do so.
CSA President Jefferson Davis Was THE leading Authority on the U.S. Constitution in the United States.
The Radical Republicans wanted to take him to court and charge him with Sedition and Treason. They didn't because they were warned by the Top Lawyers in the North that Jeff Davis would PROVE in Court that the South had every right to leave the Union...
U.S. Officials went to the Prison Dungeon where Davis was chained to the wall and offered him his Freedom IF he would leave the U.S.A. for One Year...
Jefferson agreed and went to England, stayed one year, and went home to his plantation.
Do you think that states with opposing political philosophies or views, should be forced into a federation together?
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50734 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot secession was a disaster.The agricultural South, had only two railroads.Almost no industry to speak of.There was almost no chance for real victory.The fact that the war lasted so long was a tribute to Southern toughness and desire.This also contributed greatly to the horrific casualties on both sides.The movie"Django"portray ed Southerners as slobbering morons and cowards.Still, it was an enjoyable movie.Can't take everything personally!
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50736 Apr 11, 2014
Waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Do you think that states with opposing political philosophies or views, should be forced into a federation together?
The Founding Fathers didn't think so..........
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50737 Apr 11, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Complete Bullshit. You rail against food stamps and welfare the way it is now. If there were more to support, you would go completely nuts! And you know.
State I've never been against food stamps, or welfare, you nitwit.I used to live under a bridge.I've had food stamps, and I've been on welfare.They were there, when I needed them.Now, I'm standing up, at least metaphorically. Do you just get all the conservatives rolled up together in your head? That's what racists do, they lump certain groups of people together in their heads, as"all alike".Just stop it man. Treat me like a person.I'll do the same for you.
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50738 Apr 11, 2014
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>
The Founding Fathers didn't think so..........
No state can be allowed to secede.You know this, as do I.As much as it pains me to agree with you, you are correct.Money is the reason why no state can be allowed to secede.Money trumps everything......
Waco 1909

Greer, SC

#50739 Apr 11, 2014
In the end, it comes down to this.Do you support Bulldogs, or Yellowjackets?
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50740 Apr 11, 2014
I spent weeks researching the causes of the War Between the States in Public Libraries.

I could NOT understand why Poor White People, Dirt Farmers, and Middle Class People who NEVER Owned Slaves would go out and Charge Cannons loaded with Grape Shot so that RICH White Folks could keep their Slaves.

If you believe that WHOPPER then you have to believe that MOST of The People in the South were Total Morons and Imbeciles.

One key thing to remember is that a 23 year old muscular slave cost as much or More than 600 Acres of Land... Who could afford them..

What did the Poor White Folks, the dirt farmers, the loggers, the carpenters, the harness makers, the lumber yard workers THINK about Slavery ?????

Answer: They DESPISED Slavery, which they saw as Unfair Competition for Jobs and Home Made Products for Sale...

How did they feel about the Rich Wealthy People??
Answer: the Same way they do today..

Can you picture Me fighting and risking being maimed or killed to protect the Koch Brothers' Right to hire and work thousands of Illegal Aliens???
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50741 Apr 11, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
The really ironic thing is I am also from an old Southern family from.....Savannah, Georgia!! I find it amazing that StateofFlorida is too. We could be related. OMG! Who knows.
I have Confederate soldiers in my family tree. In one little old Southern town there is still a statue of an ancestor of mine, a Confederate hero. I am sure that State will answer your question but I want to answer it as well. I don't think the belief systems that are acceptable today should be used against people of past eras. Anyone who has studied and admired Jefferson knows how impossible that is to do.
The Civil War was a stupid mess. But then again, all wars are. The majority of the Confederate soldiers were just dupes for a rich man's war. Again, which is what most wars are.
You are mistaken, My Great Grandfather was No Dope and he was Not Duped into fighting a Rich Man's War.

He was Hopping Mad with the Yankee Controlled U.S. House of Representatives and I would have been right there with him....

The Final Straw in the simmering hatred between the North and South came with the "Buy American" excessive Tariff Tax that was levied by Yankee Congressmen on Southerners.

The Yankee Manufacturers of Hardware and Farm Implements Kept Going Up on their Prices. The South discovered they could Buy those same goods of Better Quality from England and France CHEAPER and so they did.

The Yankee Businessmen went to their Representatives with the "Buy American Tariff" and got them to Pass it and drive the prices of imported goods even higher than Yankee goods.

Every Southerner was OUTRAGED... The prices for plows, hoes, axes, hammers, nails, screws, rakes, etc... went UP and Up....
Patriot

Savannah, GA

#50742 Apr 11, 2014
The North was Raping the South and Using the Yankee Congressmen to Make the South like it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Farewell Keith Hobart Lane Apr 16 old pal 1
News Lincolnton Easter egg hunt back for 70th year Apr 12 oh well its me 1
News Store employee charged with stealing lotto tickets Apr 12 oh well its me 1
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Apr 7 jenn0098 76
I love a good woman that can squirt Apr 3 John 8 1
Looking for a Benita she use to be a Cook Mar 28 John E 11
News Belmont man charged in two more home repair fra... (Jul '08) Mar 23 Morningangel59 23

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages