Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45048 Nov 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all it's not called "death panels", pardon your spelling with "Penal" and maybe that's why you couldn't find it in your copy of the Affordable Healthcare Act.
Here's a link and when someone who is a physician and as far left as one can get i.e. Howard Dean calls it out, we're not talking a conservative on the subject:
http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...
I find this quote in the article particularly chilling:
“The IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them,” Dean wrote in The Wall Street Journal." The word "death panel" is not used; however, if you have a gnat's brain, you should be able to figure out if you have a catastrophic illness and treatment is stopped you'll die. A panel of 15 people who don't know you, care about you but are only worried about the bottom line of saving money at the expense of a person's life is scarey.
Thanks for then admitting that Sarah Palin is nothing but a liar since she first used the phrase "Death Panel" along with our dear friend, Waco, who used it in his initial post today. Republicans have used this phrase over and over again since Obamacare first became an issue. Now, you admit that the term was never used in the actual Affordable Care Act, but want us now to interpret a clause as being similar to "Death Panel". You Republicans are such clever devils. Does private insurance companies ever deny payment for treatment when a person is in advanced age to cut their own cost?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#45049 Nov 27, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for then admitting that Sarah Palin is nothing but a liar since she first used the phrase "Death Panel" along with our dear friend, Waco, who used it in his initial post today. Republicans have used this phrase over and over again since Obamacare first became an issue. Now, you admit that the term was never used in the actual Affordable Care Act, but want us now to interpret a clause as being similar to "Death Panel". You Republicans are such clever devils. Does private insurance companies ever deny payment for treatment when a person is in advanced age to cut their own cost?
"Death Panel" is a phrase not used in "Obamacare" which also is not called "Obamacare" but the "Affordable Healthcare Act". You used "Obamacare" too, does this make you a liar with everyone else in the country who calls it this? Does it make Obama a liar since his "Affordable Healthcare Act" isn't affordable? LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL... Is the best you have, a play on words???

I'm an educated woman but I can't speak to all the insurance companies and their policies and guidelines about how they cut cost when people are in advanced age or what they consider advanced age.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45050 Nov 27, 2013
State, I would like to ask you why you thought that Ben, who never made a racist remark in his life, was the author of the obviously fake post that someone used his name on.By responding to that post as though it was legitimate, you helped to smear someone here on Topix.That's not Topix, that's you.That's not Obama, that's you.Why would you do that? I would have come back last night, but i exceeded 4000 words.

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45051 Nov 27, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
"Death Panel" is a phrase not used in "Obamacare" which also is not called "Obamacare" but the "Affordable Healthcare Act". You used "Obamacare" too, does this make you a liar with everyone else in the country who calls it this? Does it make Obama a liar since his "Affordable Healthcare Act" isn't affordable? LOL, LOL, LOL, LOL... Is the best you have, a play on words???
I'm an educated woman but I can't speak to all the insurance companies and their policies and guidelines about how they cut cost when people are in advanced age or what they consider advanced age.
Bacon I think State is simply, and I hate to day this, so wrapped up in his political agenda that he can't respond to posters with different philosophies without resorting to hyperbole and character attacks, to divert the thrust of the conversation. LOL? THAT'S just childish and sad.
Ben

Greer, SC

#45052 Nov 27, 2013
"On July 16, 2009, former lieutenant governor of New York, Betsy McCaughey, a longtime opponent of federal healthcare legislation[3][4] said Section 1233 of HR 3200 was "a vicious assault on elderly people"[5] because it would "absolutely require" Medicare patients to have counseling sessions every five years that would "tell them how to end their life sooner". "Legislation providing for counseling patients on advance directives, living wills and end-of-life care had been on the books for years, however, the laws did not provide for physicians to be reimbursed for giving such counseling during routine physical exams of the elderly. The Patient Self-Determination Act (1991) requires health care providers, including hospitals, hospices and nursing homes to provide information about advance directives to admitted patients."
Ben

Greer, SC

#45053 Nov 27, 2013
Now that being said, first, it bothers me that was ever thought up. "Independent Payment Advisory Board IPAB (IPAB)

Established in Affordable Care Act (ACA, P.L. 111-148 and P.L. 111-152), the IPAB—a 15 member independent panel, to be appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate— is charged with enforcing a limit on Medicare spending growth. IPAB members are expected to be nationally recognized experts in health finance, payment, economics, actuarial science, or health facility and health plan management. The board will have broad authority to craft and execute new Medicare policies (including changes to provider reimbursement) with limited Congressional input. In general, unless Congress acts to block the proposals within a brief and limited time period and identify similar savings elsewhere, CMS will implement the policy recommendations. The first IPAB proposal must be submitted to Congress and the president beginning in 2014. The IPAB is expected to save $15.5 billion over 10 years. Additional information on this provision has not yet been published." The last line of this is what people should look at. Remember, "you gotta pass the bill to see what's in it.https://www.aamc.org/advoca cy/medicare/153896/independent _payment_advisory_board_ipab.h tml"

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45054 Nov 27, 2013
On another note, the first book printed in America,a collection of psalms, sold for 14.2 million dollars yesterday.
Ben

Greer, SC

#45055 Nov 27, 2013
ObamaCare’s cost-cutting board — memorably called a “death panel” by Sarah Palin — is facing growing opposition from Democrats who say it will harm people on Medicare.

Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean drew attention to the board designed to limit Medicare cost growth when he called for its repeal in an op-ed late last month.

Dean was quickly criticized by supporters of the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), who noted his ties to the healthcare industry as an adviser to a major D.C. lobbying firm.

But the former Vermont governor is not the only Democrat looking to kill the panel.

A wave of vulnerable Democrats over the past three months has signed on to bills repealing the board’s powers, including Sen. Mark Pryor (Ark.) and Reps. Ron Barber (Ariz.), Ann Kirkpatrick (Ariz.), Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.) and Elizabeth Esty (Conn.).

All five are considered vulnerable in next year’s election, highlighting the stakes and the political angst surrounding the healthcare measure.

The four House Democrats faced criticism from their party in July after voting with Republicans to delay ObamaCare's individual and employer mandates — moves widely interpreted as political positioning ahead of 2014.

Two of the lawmakers explained their opposition by suggesting the board would limit care for Medicare patients.

But the National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) blasted the four Democrats for “desperately trying to jump off the ObamaCare train.”

The cost-cutting board has been dogged with controversy over the last three years.

Major healthcare interests like the American Medical Association, the American Hospital Association and the pharmaceutical lobby have supported IPAB repeal, saying the panel would cut providers' pay arbitrarily.

Public awareness of the board shot up last year when Palin called it a “death panel,” connecting the IPAB to her previous attacks on a proposal to encourage end-of-life planning in the Affordable Care Act.

“Though I was called a liar for calling it like it is, many of these accusers finally saw that ObamaCare did in fact create a panel of faceless bureaucrats who have the power to make life and death decisions about healthcare funding,” Palin wrote on Facebook.

This claim experienced a revival on the right after Dean published his op-ed, which argued that the board would ultimately ration care for Medicare patients.

“The IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them,” Dean wrote in The Wall Street Journal.

“Getting rid of the IPAB is something Democrats and Republicans ought to agree on.” The piece quickly went viral, prompting conservative bloggers and Fox News hosts to cheer:“Dean confirms that Sarah Palin was right!”

The IPAB is designed to kick in when Medicare cost growth grows above a specified rate. It is charged with making recommendations on how to reduce Medicare spending, and its proposals are required to be fast-tracked through Congress.

The Affordable Care Act prevents the IPAB from making recommendations that would directly ration care. But critics say reducing provider reimbursements would have the same result by making it difficult for healthcare professionals to make money in Medicare." August 08, 2013, http://thehill.com/blogs/healthwatch/health-r...

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45056 Nov 27, 2013
Obama sent American B-52's to fly over disputed islands where China had extended it's airspace over.The islands, uninhabited, are claimed by both Japan and China.Also, I've noticed a vicious strain of comments in Pravda against Japan for going on three years.

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45057 Nov 27, 2013
Ben wrote:
"On July 16, 2009, former lieutenant governor of New York, Betsy McCaughey, a longtime opponent of federal healthcare legislation[3][4] said Section 1233 of HR 3200 was "a vicious assault on elderly people"[5] because it would "absolutely require" Medicare patients to have counseling sessions every five years that would "tell them how to end their life sooner". "Legislation providing for counseling patients on advance directives, living wills and end-of-life care had been on the books for years, however, the laws did not provide for physicians to be reimbursed for giving such counseling during routine physical exams of the elderly. The Patient Self-Determination Act (1991) requires health care providers, including hospitals, hospices and nursing homes to provide information about advance directives to admitted patients."
OMG! How to end their lives EARLIER! They're going to PAY doctors to talk old people into suicide to save the govt.money! SHOCKING!Kevorkian was jailed for this!

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45058 Nov 27, 2013
Bacon, let's not say"death panels"anymore, it offends our liberal friends.How about"end of life coach"? Semantically, that sounds much better! Wussies get their pants in a knot so easily!

Location hidden

#45059 Nov 27, 2013
Ben wrote:
Ben, I have seen this first hand. They send counselors in to help people so drugged out of their minds they don't know if they're the Easter Bunny to make decisions about ending their lives.

This happened to my dad and I stayed in the hospital 24/7 just for this reason, made them cease to give him unnecessary meds that made him so out of his mind he didn't know his name and then I got him out of the hospital and brought him home. He's not cured because his cancer has no cure but today he's gained 30 pounds back, he travels obviously and he's enjoying life. I had hospice reps and "hospitalists" tell me daily, let's just keep him "comfortable" until he passes. I made sure he passed right through the same ER door he came in and brought him home and assembled a team of doctors that worked in a cohesive group to make sure he was "comfortable", "cognizant" and receiving life enhancing medical care instead of "end of life" care. You gotta watch. BTW, never have heard a peep or had one insurance claim denied by Medicare or his part B with BCBS denied to this date.

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45060 Nov 27, 2013
Bacon what does your daughter, the doctor, think of Obamacare?

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45061 Nov 27, 2013
Another mom has to fight Vlad the Sebelius and the federal govt.to get life saving treatment for her three kids...good luck Doreen, most all of us are praying for you...sounds like a damn DEATH PANEL to me, you damn two-faced liberals! Good thing none of your kids is sick....

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45062 Nov 27, 2013
Liberals....always ready to sacrifice someone else for a good"cause".

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45063 Nov 27, 2013
Obama changed the rules of the Senate, that is just the start.Look for some more rules to be changed, as Obama will run for a third term.

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45064 Nov 27, 2013
Rest assured, Obama will win when he runs again."PERIOD".

“Vote”

Location hidden

#45065 Nov 27, 2013
I Won't bend the knee to Obama.

Location hidden

#45066 Nov 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Bacon what does your daughter, the doctor, think of Obamacare?
She doesn't agree with it and she works for a federally funded clinic. Might I add, until all the Obamacare crap is hashed out, they only want to take Medicaid and cash paying patients. She says this is because they know Medicaid will pay and cash is king. The government doesn't even believe enough in their healthcare plan to take insurance plans by them or private insurance companies because they're either afraid people won't buy their plans or people with private insurance have or will be canceled before payment is received. She also says if they're going to slash her pay as Obamacare will do to doctors to nothing more than to what a mechanic makes, she'll work for free, but not in this country. Many doctors have student loans to pay back and they're expected to pay back these loans, give exceptional care, be on call 24/7 and most of all be "popular"(sarcasm) and make nothing for it. There's an old saying "You get what you pay for" and if you can't pay right now, you ain't getting and even afterwards when Dr. Hundababooboo, who barely speaks English comes in from some second or third world country where they received their education to fill the doctors here that leave, be very scared. They cut corners and it might be on you.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#45067 Nov 27, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Bacon I think State is simply, and I hate to day this, so wrapped up in his political agenda that he can't respond to posters with different philosophies without resorting to hyperbole and character attacks, to divert the thrust of the conversation. LOL? THAT'S just childish and sad.
Seriously, Have you been diagnosed to be Bi Polar?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do the family events uptown have to have be... Jul 14 Angelica 1
News New Manufacturing Jobs Coming To Lincoln County... (Oct '11) Jul 14 Hmm 10
News Criminal Charges- 7-12-17 Jul 12 jlom 1
WARNING!! Sex offenders on media sites-LEGAL Jul 10 Let us pray 1
News Firefighter injured battling blaze believed to ... Jul 7 L-Town Native 1
attention!! (Aug '13) Jul 4 jlom 14
News Drug bust ends with 5 charged May '17 tax payer 3

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance