Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43983 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Being that YOU have stated that this country just couldn't make without it's rich, I can see why this might hit a nerve. You don't like it talk to God. He said it I didn't. Just thought I'd give you a reminder.
Allen, the next time you have a sack cloth and ashes retreat for the poor and down trodden, please let everyone on Topix know and tell me how many show up.

Read the story of Job and that's not "job" as in a career and tell me your interpretation. Please read and don't give me google's interpretation.

Allen

Penrose, NC

#43984 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee Allen, do you have trouble with comprehension? I believe I mentioned everything you're going off on. The rich having a difficult time getting into Heaven, taking care of the poor, elderly and widows.
If there are no jobs, speak to the government. The government has over-regulated small businesses and there is a failure by this current administration to create the jobs they boasted during not one but two campaigns. If you have a problem with the Bible speaking about if a man doesn't work, he shouldn't eat, speak to God.
The scripture you quoted I wonder what your opinion is, what about the widow's mite coins. She actually gave her 10% with those coins just as the rich. The Bible commands we give 10% of our earnings. How many people rich and poor do you think do this. She didn't give this money to help out the poor, she did it because she was following a commandant given by God.
No Deary, I believe that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. This was not about following a commandment of God. This was more about the selfishness of the wealthy. The widow gave two coins which equaled a penny, which was all she had. Even if she had only given one coin she still would have given half of all she had. So if one penny was all she had and she gave it then wouldn't that mean that she gave 100% of all she had and not 10%? Actually you didn't read what you thought you read.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43985 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
I see we shouldn't trust you. Here's some definitions of "damn". You tell me which context you used the word and then how it's used in the Bible.
Full Definition of DAMN
transitive verb
: to condemn to a punishment or fate; especially : to condemn to hell
a : to condemn vigorously and often irascibly for some real or fancied fault or defect <damned the storm for their delay>
b : to condemn as a failure by public criticism
: to bring ruin on
: to swear at : curse —often used to express annoyance, disgust, or surprise <damn him, he should have been careful> <I'll be damned>
intransitive verb
Let's try....
9. something of negligble value: not worth a damn.

As in 411. Got it?

I see that what you lack in biblical knowledge you at least try to make up for in Webster's.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43986 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Looks like defending Obamacare just got tougher.Where are the liberal knights championing Obamacare? These liberals, atheists all, have gone to Bible quotes! They must be desperate, they all worship lord Obama.
Oh Twinkie got his tutu in a wad. Spin ballerina spin.

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43987 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Twinkie got his tutu in a wad. Spin ballerina spin.
Gosh, can't take a compliment?:)

Location hidden

#43988 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
No Deary, I believe that it is you who is having trouble with comprehension. This was not about following a commandment of God. This was more about the selfishness of the wealthy. The widow gave two coins which equaled a penny, which was all she had. Even if she had only given one coin she still would have given half of all she had. So if one penny was all she had and she gave it then wouldn't that mean that she gave 100% of all she had and not 10%? Actually you didn't read what you thought you read.
No Miss Comprehension, she was commanded to give her 10% which she did. She gave ALL she had which was sacrificial giving. Jesus found favor that she gave sacrificially. How do you know it wasn't about following a commandment? You think she was up there pulling a fast one on Jesus? He could read her thoughts and what was in her heart. She did right by giving her 10% and that was more than most did, but she went above and beyond by giving all.

It's all interpretation Miss Comprehension.

Location hidden

#43989 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's try....
9. something of negligble value: not worth a damn.
As in 411. Got it?
I see that what you lack in biblical knowledge you at least try to make up for in Webster's.
Ok Allen,#9 is exactly what I think of you. Bet you didn't need to call 411 to know I thought that.:) Have a good evening Miss Comprehension.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43990 Nov 1, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Looks like defending Obamacare just got tougher.Where are the liberal knights championing Obamacare? These liberals, atheists all, have gone to Bible quotes! They must be desperate, they all worship lord Obama.
What like you and your republicon party worship CANUBAN, Ralpheal (call me Ted) Cruz? Lmao

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43992 Nov 1, 2013
Poor liberals.Thought they had it made! No one who sees what the real cost is, wants Obamacare.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#43993 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who cares about welfare?" That's a no brainer wouldn't you think? Would you agree that God himself cares about welfare?
This is part of what the Bible tells us about the poor and welfare...
Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and HE will repay him for his deeds.
Luke 3:11 And he answered them, "Whoever has two tunics is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food to do likewise.
Proverbs 14:21 Whoever despises his neighbir is a sinner, but blessed is he who is generous to the poor.
Psalms 140:12 I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted, and will execute justice for the needy.
Ezekiel 22:29 The people of the land have practiced extortion and committed robbery. The have oppressed the poor and needy, and have extorted from the sojourner (immigrant) with out justice.
Proverbs 29:7 A righteous man knows the rights of the poor; a wicked man does not understand such knowledge.
You do believe in the Bible don't you or do you just use it as a shield while you hide behind the cross like the rest of the republiCON party?
Where in the Bible is gov. welfare mentioned? I must have missed it. YOUR problem is using the Bible to promote a political agenda.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#43994 Nov 1, 2013
WTH, Obamacare going in the crapper and all of a sudden Democrats on here start quoting the Bible?? I guess they believe the end is near. Your guy lied and it will only take one "Snowden" in the White House to start the fall of this Administration.
Allen

Penrose, NC

#43995 Nov 1, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok Allen,#9 is exactly what I think of you. Bet you didn't need to call 411 to know I thought that.:) Have a good evening Miss Comprehension.
Lmao, mission accomplished. Yea, I need to get going. Got pintos and a hamhock in the crock, collard greens, pork shoulder and sweet cornbread. As much as I despise your love of the rich, you'd still be welcome to sit at my table. Maybe you too will have a good evening, after you get past the fish and mangos:) As much as you may think you're worth, I certainly don't envy you.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43996 Nov 1, 2013
Atheists, with only a superficial understanding of the Bible, often throw biblical verses around in an attempt to make some inane political point.

Location hidden

#43997 Nov 1, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, mission accomplished. Yea, I need to get going. Got pintos and a hamhock in the crock, collard greens, pork shoulder and sweet cornbread. As much as I despise your love of the rich, you'd still be welcome to sit at my table. Maybe you too will have a good evening, after you get past the fish and mangos:) As much as you may think you're worth, I certainly don't envy you.
Had pintos myself earlier this week and some not so good cornbread I let cook too long. My husband said he could use it for pavers, his usual line when the cornbread is hard as a rock. Never will get past the fish, the mangoes they're doable. Allen, I don't think I'm worth a lot because I'm not. I've worked hard and my husband too to get what is modest to a lot of people but a lot to us. If I'm not too good to work hard, then I don't think anyone else is either. With the exception of the elderly, and disabled. Wouldn't want you to envy me, because I don't envy anyone and old girl that includes you. Envy gets you nowhere, hard work will get you what you need not always what you want and as long as you have what you need, what's there to be envious about?

I am so lying. Last time we were home I bought one of those lottery tickets when the Power Ball or whatever that is was worth a gozillion dollars and I wanted to win that baby. I didn't even get one stinking number close to the winning numbers. Lesson learned, play the slots.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43998 Nov 1, 2013
Never tried meth. Just shine
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> ACCIDENTALLY? REPUBLICANS HAVE been WARNING ABOUT OBAMACARE FOR YEARS!!!! Are you mixing meth and shine again???

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#43999 Nov 1, 2013
TSF wrote:
Never tried meth. Just shine
<quoted text>
This is a good shine state.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#44000 Nov 2, 2013
Dems didn't want to hear the truth.Now, whether they like it or not, the Truth is coming.Those opposed to an un- workable and EXPENSIVE healthcare plan were called racists, anarchists, and scum.My my.The times, they are a changing.....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#44001 Nov 2, 2013
Don't forget to set your clock back 1 hour tonight.
Or 100 years if you are republican.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#44002 Nov 2, 2013
TSF wrote:
Don't forget to set your clock back 1 hour tonight.
Or 100 years if you are republican.
I'll take the 100 years over Obamacare any day. Less damage.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#44003 Nov 2, 2013
Head of Pakistani Taliban eats a drone. That's one for Obama.Gotta give props when pros are due.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who knew lincolnton has new pet store Oct 21 eric 1
Former Cherryville Police Chief Oct 21 Sylvester201 1
Pop Warner football Oct 21 Wow2 23
Board of Elections proposes new early voting plan Oct 21 Ace Davis 5
Union Fire Department marks 50 years of serving... Oct 20 Ace Davis 5
Scout partners with Lowe's Home Improvement Oct 20 Ace Davis 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lincolnton, NC (Aug '10) Oct 15 Brian_G 90
Cherryville Dating
Find my Match

Cherryville Jobs