Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43621 Oct 26, 2013
Maybe, we should just pass a law against insurance of any kind. Insurance is a socialist idea to begin with. If we all just oppose everything (except tax breaks for the rich) and support nothing, offer no solutions to anything, bitch , whine and cry, then possibly the Koch brothers will send us all checks as tea party organizers.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43622 Oct 26, 2013
The only problem with the health care sign up website is the blank about age. People don't know whether to enter their age now or the age they will be when it goes into effect.):
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what planet you are on, the Democrats are sinking just as bad, if not worse, than the Republicans. FYI, who cares about the Tea Party? They had nothing to do with Obama's disaster. Dam*, maybe if someone had read the dam* thing, this crap wouldn't have happened in the first place. Oh wait, couldn't have done that, that would have been the intelligent thing. Washington, being nothing BUT lawyers, not reading the bill, should have sent flags up everywhere. How many lawyers sign something BEFORE they read it?? Duh.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43623 Oct 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
The only problem with the health care sign up website is the blank about age. People don't know whether to enter their age now or the age they will be when it goes into effect.):
<quoted text>
TSF, thanks for starting day off with a good old belly laugh.

When I was home, I actually tried to get on the website to find out for myself several times to see if it was the screw up the media said it was. Well, it was. I finally called the number because I couldn't get past my name and email address, and DOB. This is the help I received after holding forever. The man I talked to told me to keep trying or I send in an application but the paper application would take much longer and if I tried at 2 or 3 a.m. I just might be able to apply online.

Can you believe this? Who gets up at 2 a.m. to sign up for insurance?

I finally said, "You're kidding right?" He was clueless. You guys are in a world of hurt if this is their method to the madness for signing up for health.

I read an article by CNN-pretty liberal and they had people sitting there with a clock and after 90 minutes, no one had been able to get anywhere on the healthcare.gov site. Again, why didn't the government hire a couple of high school kids to set up a program for them. If anyone can do anything on a computer high school kids can.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43624 Oct 26, 2013
With new laws going into effect to supress the voting rights of women, blacks, seniors and college students here in this state, I pulled out my voter registration card. I am registered to vote under my name given at birth. Six years ago I got married and kept my maiden name as my middle and took my husbands last name. Because the name on my drivers licence and social security card do not match the one on my voter registration card there is a possibility that I could be turned away from the polls and not be allowed to vote. So yesterday I took measures to make that correction.

ATTENTION WOMEN: If your name has changed since the last time you voted, it would be wise to contact your local Board of Elections and make the necesary changes.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43625 Oct 26, 2013
Allen wrote:
With new laws going into effect to supress the voting rights of women, blacks, seniors and college students here in this state, I pulled out my voter registration card. I am registered to vote under my name given at birth. Six years ago I got married and kept my maiden name as my middle and took my husbands last name. Because the name on my drivers licence and social security card do not match the one on my voter registration card there is a possibility that I could be turned away from the polls and not be allowed to vote. So yesterday I took measures to make that correction.
ATTENTION WOMEN: If your name has changed since the last time you voted, it would be wise to contact your local Board of Elections and make the necesary changes.
Allen, 33 years ago I married and kept my maiden name and took my husband's last name. Never have had a problem voting. Your social security number never changes and your N.C. driver's license or ID card requires you have your full name, no matter how many you use, so there should be no problem. BTW, I've never been asked for my social security card to vote. I would think if you have proper picture ID with all your names listed on it, that should suffice. It's always wise to have your social security card updated, especially if you're a senior and are getting close to the age of drawing "your old people check" as I call it.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43626 Oct 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republicans are losing credibility because they are too fractionated and just not radical enough. Think what could happen if they all united:
Republicans against children, Republicans against veterans, republicans against education, republicans against teachers , republicans against seniors, republicans against the poor, republicans against clean water, republicans against clean air, republicans against public health, republicans against Obama, republicans against the USA. republicans against blacks , republicans against Hispanics, republicans against freedom of religion, republicans against --(fill in the blank). United, these groups could achieve their ultimate goal of completely destroying the USA and becoming part of the Utopian Peoples Republic of China.
TSF, stop the stereotyping. I'm certainly not against seniors as I am one. I'm not against teachers, only ones that give a half butt education to students and then wonder why kids int he U.S. are dumb as bowling balls. I certainly am not against clean air and when I'm home, I use a well, so I'm not against clean water. I'm not against the military since I have several family members that proudly serve and have put their lives on the line for this country. I'm not against children and I believe you have probably read more than one post where I think they need to be taken from parents that don't care for them. I'm against the poor that won't help themselves, so sue me. I'm not against public health (if you mean health departments etc) or clinics for low income as I happen to think my child does a pretty good child working to help these people. I am against people that troll these places for prescription drugs, not health care. I'm not against blacks, but I don't feel the need to mollycoddle them because of the color of their skin as many are intimidated by them and feel we owe them something because they were slaves. We're all indentured servants to our government currently, so we're all slaves. I don't have a problem with Hispanics with the exception if they're not here legally. You think if we go to Mexico, that government is going to give us healthcare, free education and supplemental income that our government feels we need to do for "illegals"? I don't like Obama and IMO has done nothing to earn my respect for him and that's a personal preference, you seem to think he's the cat's meow. Again, personal preference. I'm certainly not against religion and think people ought to worship however they wish. I know if they're freedom is taken away mine would be too. I'm not against the U.S. just the pathetic state it has sunk to and that's why I chose to get out for a while and enjoy a more docile, laid back lifestyle. Nothing wrong with that. Many seniors go to Florida, but I chose to go further south and if people don't like that I don't care. I only have one life and I intend to live it the way I choose, not the government.

Think before you speak. You don't know every Republican or what they're for or against.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43627 Oct 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Maybe, we should just pass a law against insurance of any kind. Insurance is a socialist idea to begin with. If we all just oppose everything (except tax breaks for the rich) and support nothing, offer no solutions to anything, bitch , whine and cry, then possibly the Koch brothers will send us all checks as tea party organizers.
Maybe the Dems and Repubs should just switch mascots. The repubs are working hard so hopfully we will forget. You know, little things, like the fiasco with Medicare Part-D.
Allen

Robbins, NC

#43628 Oct 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Allen, 33 years ago I married and kept my maiden name and took my husband's last name. Never have had a problem voting. Your social security number never changes and your N.C. driver's license or ID card requires you have your full name, no matter how many you use, so there should be no problem. BTW, I've never been asked for my social security card to vote. I would think if you have proper picture ID with all your names listed on it, that should suffice. It's always wise to have your social security card updated, especially if you're a senior and are getting close to the age of drawing "your old people check" as I call it.
I have never had any problems in the past either. But, being a registered Democrat that is not a chance I will be taking in the future.
State of Florida

Mooresville, NC

#43629 Oct 26, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never had any problems in the past either. But, being a registered Democrat that is not a chance I will be taking in the future.
And it applies even more to minority women. It didn't work in 2012 as minorities lined up for hours to vote in Republican states where many tricks were tried to keep them from voting by reducing the voting period. Another backfired Republican plan. Keep on underestimating the power of the people. We love it when you do that.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43630 Oct 26, 2013
TSF wrote:
Maybe, we should just pass a law against insurance of any kind. Insurance is a socialist idea to begin with. If we all just oppose everything (except tax breaks for the rich) and support nothing, offer no solutions to anything, bitch , whine and cry, then possibly the Koch brothers will send us all checks as tea party organizers.
TSF, don't you hate no bid contracts? This must be the reason why:

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/michelle-ob...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43631 Oct 26, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
And it applies even more to minority women. It didn't work in 2012 as minorities lined up for hours to vote in Republican states where many tricks were tried to keep them from voting by reducing the voting period. Another backfired Republican plan. Keep on underestimating the power of the people. We love it when you do that.
Do you have proof other than your word? If it is so, maybe they took a page from the playbook of ACORN....
State of Florida

Mooresville, NC

#43632 Oct 26, 2013
Makin bacon wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have proof other than your word? If it is so, maybe they took a page from the playbook of ACORN....
Sure, google "long line of voters in 2012 election" and check out primarily Ohio and Florida for changes in voter laws as well as other Republican states. Oh, I forgot that you watched the election on Fox News where none of this was ever reported. No wonder you are ignorant of the this fact. Why do you think Karl Rove went nuts on the air when Obama carried Ohio? Why? Because the Republican suppression plan blew up in his face, that why! No ACORN here.

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#43633 Oct 26, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, google "long line of voters in 2012 election" and check out primarily Ohio and Florida for changes in voter laws as well as other Republican states. Oh, I forgot that you watched the election on Fox News where none of this was ever reported. No wonder you are ignorant of the this fact. Why do you think Karl Rove went nuts on the air when Obama carried Ohio? Why? Because the Republican suppression plan blew up in his face, that why! No ACORN here.
Watched the election on Fox.At that time I was a supporter of Obama, wanted to see their reaction.They did in fact report on lines in Ohio, Florida, and other states.
State of Florida

Mooresville, NC

#43634 Oct 26, 2013
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know what planet you are on, the Democrats are sinking just as bad, if not worse, than the Republicans. FYI, who cares about the Tea Party? They had nothing to do with Obama's disaster. Dam*, maybe if someone had read the dam* thing, this crap wouldn't have happened in the first place. Oh wait, couldn't have done that, that would have been the intelligent thing. Washington, being nothing BUT lawyers, not reading the bill, should have sent flags up everywhere. How many lawyers sign something BEFORE they read it?? Duh.
When it is up and rolling you and Waco will be going on line for coverage....Maybe even your parents will even be able to get a new Malibu they are worried about with their savings from Obamacare. Who cares about the Tea Party? I guess you don't realize that they are a faction of your party that brought on the government shut down that cost the economy $24 BILLION? Maybe you can google "Tea Party government shut down" It seems the rest of the country is aware of this. That is why The Republican approval rating is 32%. If nobody votes in the 2014 election but Tea Party members, it will be a landslide for you. I'll be gone the weekend. Happy googling!
State of Florida

Mooresville, NC

#43635 Oct 26, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Watched the election on Fox.At that time I was a supporter of Obama, wanted to see their reaction.They did in fact report on lines in Ohio, Florida, and other states.
Why did Bacon not know about it? Maybe she can tell us.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43636 Oct 26, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, google "long line of voters in 2012 election" and check out primarily Ohio and Florida for changes in voter laws as well as other Republican states. Oh, I forgot that you watched the election on Fox News where none of this was ever reported. No wonder you are ignorant of the this fact. Why do you think Karl Rove went nuts on the air when Obama carried Ohio? Why? Because the Republican suppression plan blew up in his face, that why! No ACORN here.
Arnold, give up the Fox News and Karl Rove mantra. I've told you numerous times in the past, I don't watch Fox news or hardly any news outlets on tv. Remember, I prefer to read. I can give you first hand reporting. The poedunk down of about 12000 I live in had lines. Of course I was able to drive dad to the voting for disabled people and just imagine this, there were people of all races and gender waiting in line and I'll bet they were from all political parties too. Didn't see one news truck reporting on this scandal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43637 Oct 26, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Bacon not know about it? Maybe she can tell us.
Arnold, my name is Bacon. Ask me, not Waco. I've given you an answer.
Ben

Greer, SC

#43638 Oct 26, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Dems and Repubs should just switch mascots. The repubs are working hard so hopfully we will forget. You know, little things, like the fiasco with Medicare Part-D.
Or Obamacare PartA, can't wait for partB HA!
Ben

Greer, SC

#43639 Oct 26, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
When it is up and rolling you and Waco will be going on line for coverage....Maybe even your parents will even be able to get a new Malibu they are worried about with their savings from Obamacare. Who cares about the Tea Party? I guess you don't realize that they are a faction of your party that brought on the government shut down that cost the economy $24 BILLION? Maybe you can google "Tea Party government shut down" It seems the rest of the country is aware of this. That is why The Republican approval rating is 32%. If nobody votes in the 2014 election but Tea Party members, it will be a landslide for you. I'll be gone the weekend. Happy googling!
Not me. Can't speak for anyone else. And I'll take 24 over a TRILLION any day. Take the rest of the decade off.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

#43640 Oct 26, 2013
Medicare part D was at least as big a Chinese fire drill and probably worse than the Obamacare signup. They forget. I haven't.
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Dems and Repubs should just switch mascots. The repubs are working hard so hopfully we will forget. You know, little things, like the fiasco with Medicare Part-D.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Any one else hear about Jeremy Sextons gay affair? Aug 23 Hate he got caught 3
News Crime 15 mins ago 1:11 p.m.Four people charged ... Aug 17 Bonnie 2
News 3 arrested on crack cocaine charges Updated at Aug 13 Sick of Lincoln 1
trucking (Mar '09) Jul '16 Carolinaboy77758 7
Tim Branch (Jun '09) Jul '16 agirlntheno 30
Lincolnton PD corruption or just idiots (Nov '15) Jul '16 Bob Thomas 8
The system is rigged Jul '16 Political genius 1

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages