Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43069 Oct 10, 2013
The FACT that CONGRESS awards ALL monies from the government is a concept that you just cannot take hold of. I hope you are happy living in that anti education beckerhead fantacy land of BS. You make a great addition to the republican party. You probably chant "more tax breaks for the rich" in your sleep.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The money is gone obama and the Dems wasted it on freeloader.

“ We are not permanent”

Since: Oct 08

Gaston County

#43070 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>There is something seriously wrong with your numbers. JUST interest on the debt this year for Treasury Notes and Bonds, Savings Bonds, State and local Government Series and special purpose securities was $ 415,688,781,248.40. Lets divide that by 12 months per year and the MONTHLY interest payments would be
$34,640,731,770.70 PER MONTH not 18 billion. I do not know if republikans are lying or are just too stupid to do the numbers themselves. In either case, its just plain wrong, like everything else they do.
According to the CBO (congressional budget office) the interest payments alone consumed $220 billion annually in 2012.(On a separate note they also say by 2020 the interest payment will be $1 trillion annually)

But to the point at hand,$220 billion divided by 12 months is $18.333 billion per month.

That means that the annual interest spending is $455 billion less than the DOD spending,$330 billion less than Medicare and $30 billion less than Medicaid.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#43071 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yes, but only if he pays them out of his own pocket. What you cannot seem to understand is that Obama CANNOT SPEND MONEY THAT CONGRESS HAS NOT APPROPRIATED. When the pubs shut down the government, they were warned that this would happen. They didn't care and did it anyway. Sick, sicko republikans.
<quoted text>
Wrong. As recently as yesterday after much tap dancing around the question asked at a WH news briefing, Jay Carney, Obama's mouth piece, did say WH attorneys had the authority authorize payments to cover these benefits until the shutdown has been resolved.

I would send you the link, but my computer keeps freezing up. I'll send it when my computer stops it's partial shutdown.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#43072 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>The FACT that CONGRESS awards ALL monies from the government is a concept that you just cannot take hold of. I hope you are happy living in that anti education beckerhead fantacy land of BS. You make a great addition to the republican party. You probably chant "more tax breaks for the rich" in your sleep.
The house sent bills to Harry Reid to vote on that would fund EVERYTHING but Obamacare. The piece of shit would not even bring it to the Senate floor. Even the mayor of DC stormed into a senate meeting calling Harry Reid out. He was told by H Reid "I'm on your side, don't mess this up".

Republicans did not shutdown anything. Only 17% of the government was furloughed. That's not a shutdown, that's a vacation since they ALL will receive retro pay once the "slim down" is over.

Location hidden

#43073 Oct 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
The house sent bills to Harry Reid to vote on that would fund EVERYTHING but Obamacare. The piece of shit would not even bring it to the Senate floor. Even the mayor of DC stormed into a senate meeting calling Harry Reid out. He was told by H Reid "I'm on your side, don't mess this up".
Republicans did not shutdown anything. Only 17% of the government was furloughed. That's not a shutdown, that's a vacation since they ALL will receive retro pay once the "slim down" is over.
Obama got an earful from this lady. I hate she didn't get her hooks in Reid like she did Obama.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-poli...
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43074 Oct 10, 2013
As I pointed out, someone you depend on for information is leaving out large amounts of interest.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the CBO (congressional budget office) the interest payments alone consumed $220 billion annually in 2012.(On a separate note they also say by 2020 the interest payment will be $1 trillion annually)
But to the point at hand,$220 billion divided by 12 months is $18.333 billion per month.
That means that the annual interest spending is $455 billion less than the DOD spending,$330 billion less than Medicare and $30 billion less than Medicaid.

“ We are not permanent”

Gaston County

#43075 Oct 10, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>As I pointed out, someone you depend on for information is leaving out large amounts of interest.
That info is from the Congressional Budget Office.

So your admitting that Obamas administration is "cooking the books"

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43076 Oct 10, 2013
Apparently, mathematics is anathema to democrats, since they seem incapable of comprehending that particular subject......
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43077 Oct 10, 2013
I am saying that you ARE REPEATING wrong INFORMATION.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43078 Oct 10, 2013
With Fidelity Federal dumping T-Bills today "just for the protection of their investors" and the stock marking plunging 900 point in just days, the puppet masters of the republikans are backing off and advising their congressional puppets to cool it. Heritage Action, Freedom Partners, Freedom Works, all funded by the Koch brothers have changed their minds. Turns out that the story that he US would not default if the debt ceiling was not raised is bull shit. Looks lie the debt ceiling debate is over.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43079 Oct 10, 2013
On a brighter note for republikans, it looks like that soon you will be able to contribute over $3.5 million dollars to candidates of your choice in order to get them to vote your wishes. Congress is for sale already , but it looks like it is getting ready to become much more expensive to buy representation.
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43080 Oct 10, 2013
Interest Expense Fiscal Year 2013

September $19,843,542,012.01
August $25,487,831,947.93
July $25,076,777,459.95
June $93,031,790,187.97
May $24,378,480,861.09
April $35,951,751,963.63
March $23,472,400,737.30
February $16,901,310,565.17
January $17,816,590,831.57
December $95,736,594,801.52
November $25,068,968,472.99
October $12,922,741,407.27

Fiscal Year Total
$415,688,781,248.40

** Due to a change in the accounting method for the Department of Defense (DOD) market-based securities, a one time adjustment of $75 billion decreased the Interest Expense on the Public Debt for the month of July.
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#43081 Oct 10, 2013
The Enemy Within wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they are!
Like when they claim they spent $3500 on a toilet when we can pick one up from Lowes for $89 and $750 on a hammer that we can buy for $12!
Just like they projected the Healthcare.Gov website would cost $93 million to get up and running but they expensed $640 million.....and it STILL doesn't work! If one of my former employees would've been that far off with their projections, somebody's a$$ would be fired......but I guess when you're spending someone else's money it's ok!
Hell yes they're cooking the books!

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43082 Oct 10, 2013
Trade Obama to the Russians for Putin and a third round draft pick....
TSF

Greenville, NC

#43083 Oct 10, 2013
Just send all the republican congressmen home and let the Koch brothers have their votes.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

#43084 Oct 10, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>Sure they are!
Like when they claim they spent $3500 on a toilet when we can pick one up from Lowes for $89 and $750 on a hammer that we can buy for $12!
Just like they projected the Healthcare.Gov website would cost $93 million to get up and running but they expensed $640 million.....and it STILL doesn't work! If one of my former employees would've been that far off with their projections, somebody's a$$ would be fired......but I guess when you're spending someone else's money it's ok!
Hell yes they're cooking the books!
And this hasn't been standard procedure in other administrations? Does congress have to approve these payments?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43085 Oct 10, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
And this hasn't been standard procedure in other administrations? Does congress have to approve these payments?
Congress approves the purchase of toilets? WOW!.You'd think that would be up to a govt, agency or something.No wonder Congress can't get anything done, too busy overseeing toller seats??

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#43086 Oct 10, 2013
The Inspector General is tasked with controlling the spending habits of the Pentagon.Not very good at that, I'd say.

Location hidden

#43087 Oct 10, 2013
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
In previous administrations there was an actual budget in place and the monies were allotted to that specific program, bill, etc. I would assume that whomever had the oversight on a particular program, bill, etc, was in charge of distributing the money....but we all know what assuming does!
Were former administrations guilty of "cooking the books?" Yes, ALL politicians are crooks regardless of party affiliation.....but most Americans are willing to overlook their party's shortcomings as long as it's them that's benefiting!

Location hidden

#43088 Oct 10, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Trade Obama to the Russians for Putin and a third round draft pick....
The question is who's going to get stuck with his 6 Trillion Dollar debt? Even the Russians aren't stupid enough to make that trade!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woodmill winery (Sep '09) Aug 23 JBaldwin 33
News Jury selection begins in trial of Lincolnton ma... (Dec '11) Aug 17 viper68 4
michael beaver jr (Jul '12) Aug 11 swagariffic85 19
A Little Pink Boutique: Local Internet scam?! Aug 11 Sheena 14
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Aug 3 cgj 71
Old Carolina Freight building (Jul '12) Jul '15 Former resident 20
News Hurry! Someone may lose out on $1 million lotte... Jul '15 abdighane abdi 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages