|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
Silly me. I thought they moved to China for cheaper than the slave wages they were paying here and higher profit margins.. Probably the furniture factories were just going busted because they gave some laborer a nickel raise after 25 years working for them. Or maybe it was the excessive retirement packages of zero and a three dollar watch that they were providing for their laborers . There was a lot of stealing going on alright all right, but it wasn't the laborers. A gaggle of dead beat execs getting 2 million dollar "bonuses" to play golf 4 days a week couldn't have cost the company anything?
<quoted text>
LOL How true.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Sometimes, in my desire to see both sides of an issue I'm accused of"fence straddling".Make no mistake, seeing the other guys point of view isn't a weakness.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
Allen I voted for Obama because I didn't understand the ramifications of his health care package, I believed it when he said more people would be insured, they would keep their doctors,etc. In fact, my sister has not only seen her rates double, she lost all of her doctors, doctors who had been treating her heart condition for years.This isn't about Obama, it's about a health care system that won't work as ADVERTISED!
Why did she not just keep her previous insurance?
Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

In a few weeks, the U.S. will celebrate Columbus Day, but itís likely many Americans donít know that this holiday commemorates Christopher Columbus arriving in North America in 1492.Thatís because a series of recent studies have found that when it comes to our own history, Americans donít always make the grade. A 2010 survey found that more than 25% of Americans didnít know that we had gained our independence from Britain. China, Japan and France were all given as incorrect answers.And the results were even worse in a study by the U.S. Mint, which found that only 7% percent of Americans could name the first four U.S. Presidents in order: George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.In 2011, Newsweek magazine gave the official U.S. Citizenship Test to 1,000 Americans and found even more gaps in our collective knowledge. Only 27% of Americans knew which country we fought in the Cold War Ė the Soviet Union -- and even fewer, 25%, knew the name of the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is John Roberts.Scholars agree that one reason for the poor results is that America has a complex political system, which can take years to fully understand.And our unique government may never have happened if Columbus hadnít sailed across the ocean on the Titanic. At least, I think thatís the ship he took. Iím a little rusty on my U.S. HistoryÖ..

The reason that so call Americans do not know the history of Americans is the dumb down public school system.

Taxpayer

Roxboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

waco1909 wrote:
So you want Obama to use the government to steal from others for you and your sister. Do you people think this money just come out of thin air. I pay for my own insurance you need to do the same. If you made the wrong choices that is on you. If you want to live in a fascist government controlled country then get out.
Just like that stupid woman who back over her 3 year old. Now she want the government to make it mandatory that back up cameras be installed on all cars. Just because she was lazy and stupid to check before she backed up. It is on her not the world. She should known were her 3 year old was. This country is free to succeed or fail it is on you not the others.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes, and they, including you, are almost all republikans who skip class, sleep, disrupt ,will not read and blame teachers because they are not becoming nuclear scientists with no effort.
Everything is just horrible and its always someone else to blame.
It would have been better if these turds had been on the Titanic.
Taxpayer wrote:
In a few weeks, the U.S. will celebrate Columbus Day, but itís likely many Americans donít know that this holiday commemorates Christopher Columbus arriving in North America in 1492.Thatís because a series of recent studies have found that when it comes to our own history, Americans donít always make the grade. A 2010 survey found that more than 25% of Americans didnít know that we had gained our independence from Britain. China, Japan and France were all given as incorrect answers.And the results were even worse in a study by the U.S. Mint, which found that only 7% percent of Americans could name the first four U.S. Presidents in order: George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.In 2011, Newsweek magazine gave the official U.S. Citizenship Test to 1,000 Americans and found even more gaps in our collective knowledge. Only 27% of Americans knew which country we fought in the Cold War Ė the Soviet Union -- and even fewer, 25%, knew the name of the current Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, which is John Roberts.Scholars agree that one reason for the poor results is that America has a complex political system, which can take years to fully understand.And our unique government may never have happened if Columbus hadnít sailed across the ocean on the Titanic. At least, I think thatís the ship he took. Iím a little rusty on my U.S. HistoryÖ..
The reason that so call Americans do not know the history of Americans is the dumb down public school system.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Exactly how your sisters dilemma is because of Obamacare is unclear since Obamacare hasn't even started yet. I had a flat tire last week and was stranded for 10 hours. Do you think Obamacare might have caused that?
waco1909 wrote:
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

For a 45 year old single person with a $23,000 annual income, the annual premium for Silver insurance (second best) will be about $5000. With the subsidy, your out of pocket will be $118 per month.
The tax credit ( subsidy) is only available to those who buy through the insurance exchange. NC republikans have opted you out of the exchange
PD Fitzzz

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Richard Burr lost my vote, when he did not stand with/ vote with
other Republicans
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
For a 45 year old single person with a $23,000 annual income, the annual premium for Silver insurance (second best) will be about $5000. With the subsidy, your out of pocket will be $118 per month.
The tax credit ( subsidy) is only available to those who buy through the insurance exchange. NC republikans have opted you out of the exchange
Two things. One-if the government shuts down the military will continue to be paid.
Two-State of Florida told me I should move to a European Country. Moved to a country not in Europe but under British rule. Got some great socialized medicine going on and also covers anyone visiting the country should they need medical care while there.

Guess who???

Been home for just about a month getting my child married off and house sitting. Getting ready to head on back to the sun and sand.

Carry on and give Waco a break. He's a good guy and Emlu got him out of Texas up here where she can "learn" him what it's like to live in the mountains, be with the woman he loves and yes, he works. So everybody lay off him.

BTW State of Florida, haven't seen you post for a while old man. Keep it real or Truth will be after you.
PD Fitzzz

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

TSF wrote:
So for a $5,000 policy, you pay $1,416 , which means that taxpayers
pick up $3,584 of your policy, does that seem FAIR ?
Why not make changes to lower cost, TORT reform. educate more medical personnel, which would be a better investment than giving million to the Muslim Brotherhood
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>

BTW State of Florida, haven't seen you post for a while old man. Keep it real or Truth will be after you.
Maybe if you just go to the previous page, you will find me on there with 3 posts. Maybe just an oversight by you.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you just go to the previous page, you will find me on there with 3 posts. Maybe just an oversight by you.
Maybe if you go back and read your previous posts, you'll see where you told me to move to Europe. I have been reading.

Maybe just an oversight by you. Keep it real old man.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if you go back and read your previous posts, you'll see where you told me to move to Europe. I have been reading.
Maybe just an oversight by you. Keep it real old man.
And in that post you suggested that all the "illegal" Cubans go back to Cuba. I was making reference that as a European you came here first "illegally" by taking Native American land, but maybe you didn't catch that.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
And in that post you suggested that all the "illegal" Cubans go back to Cuba. I was making reference that as a European you came here first "illegally" by taking Native American land, but maybe you didn't catch that.
How was I suppose to catch all that jazz about me coming here illegally being a European and taking NAI's land? I'm not a mind reader. Just responding to your suggestion I return to Europe. You didn't bring in the NAI or the fact that yes, we did take their land.

I don't have a glove large enough to catch everything you didn't say. Say what you mean.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

My sister lost her doctors because they won't deal with Obamacare.All four of them quit, and went to work for different companies, on salary.That's FOUR DIFFERENT DOCTORS.I see a trend here.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Exactly how did it cause this and it hasn't even started yet?
waco1909 wrote:
My sister lost her doctors because they won't deal with Obamacare.All four of them quit, and went to work for different companies, on salary.That's FOUR DIFFERENT DOCTORS.I see a trend here.
TSF

Rocky Mount, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Linda Bowden

By Chris Lavender / Times-News

Published: Saturday, September 28, 2013 at 15:42 PM.

The enrollment period for the federal Health Insurance Marketplace made available by the Affordable Care Act begins Tuesday with nearly 12,000 Ala mance County residents eligible to use the marketplace to shop for health insurance coverage issued by private companies.
State of Florida

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
How was I suppose to catch all that jazz about me coming here illegally being a European and taking NAI's land? I'm not a mind reader. Just responding to your suggestion I return to Europe. You didn't bring in the NAI or the fact that yes, we did take their land.
I don't have a glove large enough to catch everything you didn't say. Say what you mean.
I thought maybe the mention of Europe would give you a clue, but apparently I was wrong. Sure, I will spell it out for you. It just pisses me off to see someone say that some other ethnic group should leave the country when we (Europeans) were the original illegal aliens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherryville Discussions

Search the Cherryville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Matthew Beaver 3 hr Victim-Supporter 1
cmc lincoln sucks Jul 27 Joker 2
help me... Jul 27 Truth Seeker 7
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Jul 26 Smitty Walker 21
Narcotics officers bust meth lab in Lincolnton Jul 25 Mick 1
Deputies: Man head butted police windshield, ho... Jul 24 Madman 5
Firefighters Burned Children Fund raiser Jul 23 info 1
•••
•••