Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42301 Sep 6, 2013
Just to add;if our wonderful elected officals from both sides are so concerned about National Security shouldn't they take a look at the connection between Mid East terrorist and the Mexican drug cartels? Should not there be concern about terrorist from the mid east that pose as Mexicans coming over the border. Funny how it has worked out....let's help radical rebels gain control in the Mid East and dump weapons in the hands of the Mexican drug cartels.....odd way to protect America.
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#42302 Sep 6, 2013
State of Denial wrote:
I see somebody must think they're Tom Bodett for Motel 6.
WE GET IT...the light will be on. Stop the "clueless" lightbulb judging. It's wasting energy.
I think it automatically gets placed on anyone posting here who thinks their opinion means anything.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Allen

Landrum, SC

#42303 Sep 7, 2013
waco 1909 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it automatically gets placed on anyone posting here who thinks their opinion means anything.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA
Quit using waco's Topix name, freak.

“Seek Light”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#42304 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
Only those that have NEVER been to war seem to advocate war. I have never understood that. It is almost always those that never even served that chant loudest for military action. So I say to Rush LimpBalls and Sean "I know everything" Hannity.....where the hell have you been. I did not see you in Saudi in 91 or Kosovo in 99. I did not see you in Iraq or Afghan in the last 13 years.....and yes I was there at all of the above...waiting for you join me...where were you? Oh thats I right...you were busy fighting for your own self serving interests.
Certainly, you are correct Major .We should wait while the Iranians get their nukes ready.Great military tactics.After all, the Iranians are models of self restraint.Do I support an attack on Syria? No.Makes no sense.Iran is a very big problem.Iran should be addressed.According to your philosophy, potential threats to this country can only be addressed by people who have been in combat. No matter what you did, or where you did it, it doesn't give you any more say than anyone else when it comes to war.Topix is no place for people who espouse civil discourse.Topix is infamous for bad manners.So, quit sniveling about how bad war is, act like a damn man .Get off your high horse.You're no better than anyone else."SIR"
ZERO

Landrum, SC

#42305 Sep 7, 2013
Leave the General alone.We need more sensitive military men.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#42306 Sep 7, 2013
100 missions you remind me of a doctor I knew.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42307 Sep 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Certainly, you are correct Major .We should wait while the Iranians get their nukes ready.Great military tactics.After all, the Iranians are models of self restraint.Do I support an attack on Syria? No.Makes no sense.Iran is a very big problem.Iran should be addressed.According to your philosophy, potential threats to this country can only be addressed by people who have been in combat. No matter what you did, or where you did it, it doesn't give you any more say than anyone else when it comes to war.Topix is no place for people who espouse civil discourse.Topix is infamous for bad manners.So, quit sniveling about how bad war is, act like a damn man .Get off your high horse.You're no better than anyone else."SIR"
Major? You are way off base. I will not blow my own horn here as I am not the bragging type. But you are way off. Not sure where you think I am espousing civil discourse. Although civil discourse can be a good thing. It is one of things that our Constitution provides us to keep the government in check. Perhaps you have heard of Thomas Jefferson. Not sure where you think that I said that I am better than anyone else. Seems to me you have some self esteem issues as you are of the type that can only debate by passing insults instead of knowledge. Sniveling about how bad war is?.....May I ask how many times you have been?
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#42308 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
Major? You are way off base. I will not blow my own horn here as I am not the bragging type. But you are way off. Not sure where you think I am espousing civil discourse. Although civil discourse can be a good thing. It is one of things that our Constitution provides us to keep the government in check. Perhaps you have heard of Thomas Jefferson. Not sure where you think that I said that I am better than anyone else. Seems to me you have some self esteem issues as you are of the type that can only debate by passing insults instead of knowledge. Sniveling about how bad war is?.....May I ask how many times you have been?
He we go again, "I've been there more than you" but your not blowing your own horn right? You didn't enlist, you weren't drafted, I believe that was your statement right?

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#42309 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing is for sure, most of the people who have been to bad places, and seen bad things, don't usually devise a Topix name to celebrate that.If it makes you feel better, I've seen a lot of dead people, and I never drove an ambulance.I think you are a liar.Now, were you drafted or did you enlist? Usually has to be one or the other.
ZERO

Landrum, SC

#42310 Sep 7, 2013
Another lowlife pretending to be a soldier.Who thinks anyone on Topix would be a liar? My uncle lost his arm in a Sherman, but he never wore a badge saying"poor me".
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42312 Sep 7, 2013
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>He we go again, "I've been there more than you" but your not blowing your own horn right? You didn't enlist, you weren't drafted, I believe that was your statement right?
Nope....you need to read. There has been no draft since about 1975 or so. I did not enlist. I was commissioned as an officer. My statement was not about I have been there more than you. It was asking for him qualify his comment that I was whining about how bad war is. I was asking this just to know if he has seen war. If you would and others would take time to get educated to the facts you would see my point. You may not agree with my point and that is fine. This America and there is nothing that says we have to agree. Nothing says I am right and you are wrong..I never said that. But if you are going to tell me I am wrong about war then I don want to see some experience on your part. BTW Patton even hated war. He said any Son of Bitch that thinks war is good is a G Damn stupid Bastard. I am assuming you have heard of Patton.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42313 Sep 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> One thing is for sure, most of the people who have been to bad places, and seen bad things, don't usually devise a Topix name to celebrate that.If it makes you feel better, I've seen a lot of dead people, and I never drove an ambulance.I think you are a liar.Now, were you drafted or did you enlist? Usually has to be one or the other.
First my screen name has nothing to with my military background. It may sound like it but denotes something else. Second you have no knowledge of the military system. You say it has to one way or the other drafted or enlisted. No draft since the 70's. You enlist by going down to the recruiters office and joining. The other way is a commission. Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42314 Sep 7, 2013
Why are people so ignorant to miss my whole point?
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42315 Sep 7, 2013
Since it seems I am debating with self proclaimed experts that are still living in the stone ages when it comes to how the military operates or get their knowledge from movies or some clown in bar I will clear up some things. First I was commissioned as a 2/Lt. never enlisted...was commissioned. I spent most of my 30 years as a pilot and instructor pilot. I did deploy for Desert Storm, the Balkans and Iraqi Freedom and Southern Watch. I have never claimed "hero" status. I do have 7 rows of ribbons 21 in all. Most of which were awarded for routine career accomplishments and deployments. I have no purple heart or any valor medals. As I said the bulk of my career was in flight operations. Not just war but humanitarian missions as well.
The final 3 years of my career I commanded a Civil Support Team. In Afghanistan we worked close with the civil population helping to establish structure in the villages. We built schools, roads and medical facilities. We built water purification plants. We taught agriculture. Not once was I ever on a damn secret mission...not once was I in firefight. In Desert Storm I may have killed I don't really know. It is safe to safe to assume that someone 12,0000 feet below me had a bad day. But I will never nor do I wish to know. Now if you want to call me a lair about my service feel free I don't really give a shit. If you want to debate the issues in a sensible fashion I am here. My whole point has been you can't tell a Surgeon how to perform an operation if you have never done it yourself. The talking heads like Limbaugh go into talking about what strategy we should use. Having never served he has no clue. The same applies to anyone. All have an opinion as to the use of military force. That is fine. But once that force is in use let those that know do the work.The military objective is to complete the operation as fast as possible. Also to the clown that commented about my choice of screen names. My combat missions are much lower I assure you. The 100 missions denote 100 goals that I have set for myself to accomplish before the end of my life. Some are simple and will be done with ease. Others are mountains but I intend to my best to accomplish them.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42317 Sep 7, 2013
Just to cap off. Before commenting at least have enough sense to read all of my posts then you will get the point. My goal here was not to boast of accomplishments. I am proud of what I have done, but I have in no way done anything special or hollywoodish..
It is just that when one has served in a capacity for 30 years they do have some knowledge. One takes that knowledge and applies it to several areas. Today I am retired but still use that knowledge in many areas. I do some flight instruction, but I use the management and leadership skills I learned today with assisting in running a baseball program. Now as I said if you want to discuss or debate an issue with some sense and not bunch of uneducated ranting and name calling fine. Let's do it. But if you have resort to those things please keep moving.
in tke know

Winterville, NC

#42318 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
I have in no way done anything special.
This is the most believable thing you have said yet.

“Seek Light”

Location hidden

#42319 Sep 7, 2013
100 Missions wrote:
Just to cap off. Before commenting at least have enough sense to read all of my posts then you will get the point. My goal here was not to boast of accomplishments. I am proud of what I have done, but I have in no way done anything special or hollywoodish..
It is just that when one has served in a capacity for 30 years they do have some knowledge. One takes that knowledge and applies it to several areas. Today I am retired but still use that knowledge in many areas. I do some flight instruction, but I use the management and leadership skills I learned today with assisting in running a baseball program. Now as I said if you want to discuss or debate an issue with some sense and not bunch of uneducated ranting and name calling fine. Let's do it. But if you have resort to those things please keep moving.
"Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself"? I hope you did that accidentally.In any event, I enlisted.That was a long time ago.My friend,Camanetti, came back from Viet Nam in a body cast.Camanetti was a chopper pilot.There is no"glory"in being blown to bits.Camanetti died in 1998, his body never recovered from that.51 caliber round that savaged his body.I never knew a finer man.He took that bullet rescuing his friend, another pilot, who'd been shot down. My dad never talked about his own injury.All I know is that he was a Ranger, and shrapnel took his left lung out.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42320 Sep 7, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> "Google can be a useful tool to educated yourself"? I hope you did that accidentally.In any event, I enlisted.That was a long time ago.My friend,Camanetti, came back from Viet Nam in a body cast.Camanetti was a chopper pilot.There is no"glory"in being blown to bits.Camanetti died in 1998, his body never recovered from that.51 caliber round that savaged his body.I never knew a finer man.He took that bullet rescuing his friend, another pilot, who'd been shot down. My dad never talked about his own injury.All I know is that he was a Ranger, and shrapnel took his left lung out.
Yes that was a typo. Secondly thanks to you and dad for your service. The events you have laid out is part of my point. Hollywood has tainted most American's view of real war. That and that damn XBox. We have come to relish the crap from TV. Here I have been blasted and called a liar about my service..makes no sense. I have not claimed great things. I spent more time in the US instructing than deployed. In later years I spent more time doing admin work than actual flying. While in OEF I spent all of my time doing "social work" and NO combat. Not sure why all of that is so hard to believe. Maybe people want to hear the damn "hero" stories Hell I don't have any. Funny....how I have met lame brain toothless rednecks that claim they were Navy Seals, but I simply say I spent 30 years as an average "charlie brown" line officer and later commanded a Civil Support Group....I am lying. Strange. BTW...2 points: The things you described are the very reasons we should be cautious about jumping into military force. People do die and come home disabled. That is why we need to make sure that the force is needed and then let the experts run the show not politicians or news reporters. My second point..you argued with me that the only way to serve is either enlist or be drafted. Now it seems to me that if you served you would know about officer commissioning. Also I don't know where you have been for the past 40 years but there is no draft today.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#42321 Sep 7, 2013
When people post their knowledge of "military" experience, surely you would expect someone to want you to explain yourself. Patriotism runs deep, in this day and age of "Xbox" soldiers you never know when someone is full of crap. Well aware of the draft, it's discontinuation, reinstatement, changes, DCO's etc. You should not be surprised when people ask your bonifides so to speak. The political arena changes daily, technology has made every "missile in a window" live and in living color now. The "today's Army" ain't what it used to be.
100 Missions

Wallburg, NC

#42322 Sep 7, 2013
People need to realize that only a small percentage of the U.S. Military are of the Special Ops...movie bullshit status. For Gods sake I spent the vast majority of my 30 years in simple boring everyday tasks. I am not Bruce Willis and never claimed to be. From a sociological stand point I know why I was blasted, but I will leave that alone. I tried to tell my wife when I retired that N.C. was not a good place live, but she insisted. I have met some good people here, but the ignorant and rude seem to outnumber them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woodmill winery (Sep '09) Aug 23 JBaldwin 33
News Jury selection begins in trial of Lincolnton ma... (Dec '11) Aug 17 viper68 4
michael beaver jr (Jul '12) Aug 11 swagariffic85 19
A Little Pink Boutique: Local Internet scam?! Aug 11 Sheena 14
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Aug '15 cgj 71
Old Carolina Freight building (Jul '12) Jul '15 Former resident 20
News Hurry! Someone may lose out on $1 million lotte... Jul '15 abdighane abdi 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cherryville Mortgages