TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41940 Aug 19, 2013
YES
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
So you agree we do have communist running the government and we need to get these communist out of America both Republican and Democrat.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#41941 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans are the American version of freedom hating Taliban. They even hate tits and tried to pass a law imprisoning women who had them and let them show. Stupidity like that is the republican version of less government? What republikans fail to understand is that without women, they cannot breed more republikans.
Why do republikans hate women?.
Bro, are you expected to be taken seriously? I do not want to be insulting, but are you serious?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41942 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
But republikans on the other hand ,think things through? That is why they introduce bills to establish an official religion which is prohibited by the US constitution.. Is that why they attempt to pass laws making it a felony with a 2 year prison sentence if a woman exposes too much breast? Are they are anti education because most of modern jobs require education? Is that why they plan to attract young voters-- by preventing them from voting?
<quoted text>
As it pertains to education, it is the Republican party that has been a champion of choice. It is the Democrats that want to keep control through forcing young urban poor to remain urban and poor. Offer them free lunch, free sports, and no quality education. Any attempt to become self reliant, and you benefits are rescinded.
Splendid Tiger

Union Mills, NC

#41943 Aug 19, 2013
TSF you are insane.Democommies have destroyed freedom in America with their"political correctness", and worrying about the poor transgenders bathroom choices at school.Strain at a gnat, swallow a camel.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41944 Aug 19, 2013
The republican BS about public schools never fails to astound me.
Those chemistry teachers talking about colligative properties are not teaching collectivism. Colligative properties are those which depend on the ratio of solute particles to solvent particles, like freezing point depressions and boiling point elevations. Geeze!
There are a few excellent private schools in NC. They are widely scattered , expensive and rare. Republikans understandably want their "special" children insulated from the frustrations of life. Everyone would, and the fable is that private schools provide that.. But private schools are expensive and therefore the idea of vouchers and then subsequently, direct payments from the state to private schools to off set the cost. The public generally will not support that unless we can prove the public schools are failing to make Einstein's out of every snot nosed reprobate in their charge. So defund the public schools to insure that they fail. Spend money and a large portion of the school year testing instead of teaching. This will prove that the kids are not being taught , especially if we give the tests before any teaching has occurred on those questions..
The population cannot make wise and logical decisions without information and with only lies. That is why they vote for charlatans. that is why republikans hate education.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>These fictitious bills and claims of anti education are actually due to the govt education system itself!
Our citizens should have the common sense NOT to run around town half naked, NOT to try and vote while displaying a "college" ID instead of a valid "state" issued ID, TO observe their own moment of silence because someone else is praying to God, etc.....
If our govt schools would teach individualism instead of collectivism, our citizens WOULD have some common sense, they would be able to think for themselves and NOT what the govt is telling them to think!
It's actually sad that our govt must propose bills because our citizens are to dumb to think......for themselves.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41945 Aug 19, 2013
I am serious . Republikans here in sunny NC tried to pass an anti tit law. Fortunately it failed. Republikans here in sunny NC tried to pass a law establishing an "official" government religion. Fortunately that also failed. Codifying religion into state law is exactly the objective of the Taliban and republikans. Dictatorial intrusions into the personal lives of citizens is the objective of Taliban and republikans. Freedom of religion was the primary reason for the establishment of these United States of America. The republikans want to eliminate that. Freedom of the individual to be secure in his life and property are threatened by republikans. The similarities between republikans and Taliban are clear.
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Bro, are you expected to be taken seriously? I do not want to be insulting, but are you serious?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41946 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Those chemistry teachers talking about colligative properties are not teaching collectivism. Colligative properties are those which depend on the ratio of solute particles to solvent particles, like freezing point depressions and boiling point elevations. Geeze!
There are a few excellent private schools in NC. They are widely scattered , expensive and rare. Republikans understandably want their "special" children insulated from the frustrations of life. Everyone would, and the fable is that private schools provide that.. But private schools are expensive and therefore the idea of vouchers and then subsequently, direct payments from the state to private schools to off set the cost. The public generally will not support that unless we can prove the public schools are failing to make Einstein's out of every snot nosed reprobate in their charge. So defund the public schools to insure that they fail. Spend money and a large portion of the school year testing instead of teaching. This will prove that the kids are not being taught , especially if we give the tests before any teaching has occurred on those questions..
The population cannot make wise and logical decisions without information and with only lies. That is why they vote for charlatans. that is why republikans hate education.
<quoted text>
With all due respect, funding has little to do with schooling. Look at NYC schools where it costs $18,000 per child to educate a public school kid, and they have some of the worst results in the nation. Where, their Catholic school counterparts ‘charge’$5,000 per child with much better results. This is because; you cannot put a price on motivation. If you want to be a failure, public schooling has a seat for your child. If you want to be successful, public schooling also has a seat for your child. Unfortunately, children that want to work hard are often ostracized for being high achievers.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41947 Aug 19, 2013
Apparently you fail to understand the realities of the "choice" being offered in NC. NC will give your child's private school $4200 if you will take them out of public schools. The true cost of private school attendance is somewhere on the average of $10,00 to $12,000 per year for a high schooler. So the parent's cost in reality would be around $6000 per year per child. The working parents here generally cannot afford that, especially with around 10% unemployment. Additionally, there are few private schools available and the legislature has decreed that the private school teachers need not be educated themselves or even be subject to a criminal background check. What could possibly go wrong with that?
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>As it pertains to education, it is the Republican party that has been a champion of choice. It is the Democrats that want to keep control through forcing young urban poor to remain urban and poor. Offer them free lunch, free sports, and no quality education. Any attempt to become self reliant, and you benefits are rescinded.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41948 Aug 19, 2013
Republikans in NC.
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>This is absolutely false. And, if it were true, it would be state by state. So, which state tried this? And, how would this be a reflection of the entire party?
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41949 Aug 19, 2013
So defunding public schools and forgetting education for the masses is the answer? I have little knowledge of NY schools and the only reason I have ever or would ever be in NY is because of having occasional connector flights there when I have to take airlines..
You are 100% right about motivation. I am well pleased with the education my children and relatives received in public schools.. Their success speaks for itself and for the availability of learning--- if the individual wants it.
Nothing short of divine intervention can help those determined to be criminals and addicts, regardless of the schools or teachers..
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect, funding has little to do with schooling. Look at NYC schools where it costs $18,000 per child to educate a public school kid, and they have some of the worst results in the nation. Where, their Catholic school counterparts ‘charge’$5,000 per child with much better results. This is because; you cannot put a price on motivation. If you want to be a failure, public schooling has a seat for your child. If you want to be successful, public schooling also has a seat for your child. Unfortunately, children that want to work hard are often ostracized for being high achievers.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

#41950 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Syracuse beat me to the punch.

Private schools are run like a business. If Johnny or Jane can pass their entrance testing and their parents have the money to pay tuition, it doesn't matter about race, gender, religion or political affiliation. As Syracuse stated there's a seat there and also expectations by private schools regarding the students and teachers' performance.

Do you have a problem with teachers in a private school setting being held to a standard where their classroom performance is as important as the students attending?

You state Republicans want their "special" children insulated from the frustrations of life. Do you honestly think only Republicans send their children to private school?

I don't know what you do for a living but if you run a business, would you hire and keep incompetent employees? Would your employees be rewarded for excellent or exemplary performance? No less should be asked of any teacher in a classroom, private or public. Public schools need to run as a business, the business of educating. As employers are not there to make employees feel good about their lives that suck nine times out of ten, neither should school teachers be asked to do more than educate. Children have parents and it's their job to build their child's esteem, be involved in their education and let them know that hard work will pay off whether it's in the classroom, sports, later in college, and on down the road in the business of life.

I'll give on the fact public schools have to take everyone, but the state does provide for children with learning problems. Children with learning disabilities should be provided with teachers and tools in that area of teaching and I think public school does a good job with this challenge.

TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41951 Aug 19, 2013
That is a new one for me. Which NC public school has transgender bathrooms?
Splendid Tiger wrote:
TSF you are insane.Democommies have destroyed freedom in America with their"political correctness", and worrying about the poor transgenders bathroom choices at school.Strain at a gnat, swallow a camel.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#41952 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans in NC.
<quoted text>
NC Democrat! Typical, when you are wrong,(ID issue) you just shove your head deeper and act like the question was never posed. Your points from now on are subject to all the ridicule that can be thrown your way. It's like the current administration saying the Egypt situation is too complicated to explain. BS. If they can't explain it, then they don't need to be making the decisions on the matter.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41953 Aug 19, 2013
Just did some checking: Results:
Think Like a Baby-pre-school prep NYC tuition $29,800 per year

Convent of The Sacred Heart NYC tuition $32,680 per year

The Becken School NYC tuition $26,000 per year

Accredited Online School (Quaker) NYC tuition $30, 450 per year

The list goes on.

Didn't find the school with tuition of $5000. Which one is it?

+
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect, funding has little to do with schooling. Look at NYC schools where it costs $18,000 per child to educate a public school kid, and they have some of the worst results in the nation. Where, their Catholic school counterparts ‘charge’$5,000 per child with much better results. This is because; you cannot put a price on motivation. If you want to be a failure, public schooling has a seat for your child. If you want to be successful, public schooling also has a seat for your child. Unfortunately, children that want to work hard are often ostracized for being high achievers.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41954 Aug 19, 2013
The longest time I have ever allow a lazy incompetent employee to stay on my job was 5 days. I AM STILL ANGRY WITH MYSELF FOR THAT AND IT HAS BEEN YEARS. He cost me one of my best customers and I could never fix it.. I keep hearing the myth of extensive numbers of lazy incompetent teacher, but I have never encountered more than 3, and they were fired immediately. Who are and where are these alleged individuals?
Now if the school to which Syracuse refers charges $5000 per year per student per year, and they are not being subsidized by a church, etc., it definitely is NOT being run like a business. The only businesses that get subsidies are those who are large enough to bribe legislators into voting them subsidies. So, without subsidies, the alleged school in question has no room for profit. If that school were run like a business, their tuition would be more in line with their competitors. So without more information, I am ready to throw the BS flag.
State of Denial wrote:
<quoted text>
Syracuse beat me to the punch.
Private schools are run like a business. If Johnny or Jane can pass their entrance testing and their parents have the money to pay tuition, it doesn't matter about race, gender, religion or political affiliation. As Syracuse stated there's a seat there and also expectations by private schools regarding the students and teachers' performance.
Do you have a problem with teachers in a private school setting being held to a standard where their classroom performance is as important as the students attending?
You state Republicans want their "special" children insulated from the frustrations of life. Do you honestly think only Republicans send their children to private school?
I don't know what you do for a living but if you run a business, would you hire and keep incompetent employees? Would your employees be rewarded for excellent or exemplary performance? No less should be asked of any teacher in a classroom, private or public. Public schools need to run as a business, the business of educating. As employers are not there to make employees feel good about their lives that suck nine times out of ten, neither should school teachers be asked to do more than educate. Children have parents and it's their job to build their child's esteem, be involved in their education and let them know that hard work will pay off whether it's in the classroom, sports, later in college, and on down the road in the business of life.
I'll give on the fact public schools have to take everyone, but the state does provide for children with learning problems. Children with learning disabilities should be provided with teachers and tools in that area of teaching and I think public school does a good job with this challenge.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41955 Aug 19, 2013
Egypt? I would stop all subsidies to Egypt immediately and either spend the money on OUR crumbling infrastructure or use it to pay down the principal on the national debt. To hell with Egypt.
If the republikans want to borrow more money from China to prosecute another war of intervention, CONGRESS has the power to declare war. Would China agree to finance that? I don't know.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>NC Democrat! Typical, when you are wrong,(ID issue) you just shove your head deeper and act like the question was never posed. Your points from now on are subject to all the ridicule that can be thrown your way. It's like the current administration saying the Egypt situation is too complicated to explain. BS. If they can't explain it, then they don't need to be making the decisions on the matter.
State of Denial

Mount Holly, NC

#41956 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
That is a new one for me. Which NC public school has transgender bathrooms?
<quoted text>
None yet thankfully that I found. Another waste of my tax dollars because some screwed up kid can't decide if he's a she or she's a he. Don't bathrooms have stalls with doors that close and are private. Be gay, lesbian, transgender whatever, I don't care. I do care about my tax dollars being spent for these "special" people to ensure their comfort. How about ensuring the comfort of heterosexuals by not pissing away tax dollars on someone's choice of sexual identity.

I don't even like to see parking spots for pregnant women. Pregnancy is a condition, not a sickness. I see pregnant women walking the mall, walking tracks, at sporting events and the likes. If they can do all this walking, I'd say it's not a stretch to make it inside the grocery store.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/04/01/transgender-...

Did find this. Probably coming to our state soon.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#41957 Aug 19, 2013
(Newser)– With school budgets being slashed across the country, more and more teachers are paying for classroom supplies with their own money, according to a new study. The survey, by Horace Mann insurance, found 26% of teachers polled reported spending $400 of their own hard-earned on school supplies last year—up 3% from 2011—and 53% said their school's budget had been cut, reports USA Today. DonorsChoose.org , a charity that helps teachers raise money for supplies, says requests from teachers grew 30% last year.

A 23-year-old elementary school teacher in North Carolina says she does babysitting work on the side to help buy extra supplies for her classroom. "I only have $100 from the school for the whole year to buy supplies, and it's not enough," she tells USA Today. "I even had to buy shelves and a stool for the kids to stand on to wash their hands at the sink." "Of course we're not forced to spend our money," says another teacher in Indiana. "But some of these kids don't even get breakfast before they come to school, so we buy them snacks and treats." Who says I'm not fair and balanced?!
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#41958 Aug 19, 2013
That being said, I wonder how many complaining, will go to the website and help out with a donation?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

#41959 Aug 19, 2013
TSF wrote:
Apparently you fail to understand the realities of the "choice" being offered in NC. NC will give your child's private school $4200 if you will take them out of public schools. The true cost of private school attendance is somewhere on the average of $10,00 to $12,000 per year for a high schooler. So the parent's cost in reality would be around $6000 per year per child. The working parents here generally cannot afford that, especially with around 10% unemployment. Additionally, there are few private schools available and the legislature has decreed that the private school teachers need not be educated themselves or even be subject to a criminal background check. What could possibly go wrong with that?
<quoted text>
The cost of a private education is around $10,000 to $12,000?? I am sure you are wrong. The ‘cost’ of a private education is whatever they want to charge. This is dependent on their expenses; the greatest expense being teacher salaries. There are some that earn 6 figures, but most earn less than their public school counterparts. How do you account for a typical Catholic school education costing less the $5,000 a year, when a public education in the same city is $18,000?

And, I believe you missed my point entirely, which was; the cost of education is not as important as what motivates the child to want an education. Poor kids who want an education will succeed because they are motivated. Rich kids who do not want to go to school will not likely go too far because they are not motivated in spite of being afforded every privilege.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gay bar in cherryville 9 min watching 1
Fun Stuff: Things to do for New Year's Eve Sat PropertyGuyCLT 1
TV show to film some scenes in Lincoln County (Apr '12) Dec 25 because 5
Jennifer Punch Dec 17 www 1
Matthew Daniel Lail age 28 (Jul '13) Dec 14 fffla 7
michael beaver jr (Jul '12) Dec 13 TreeHuggy 15
who knew lincolnton has new pet store Dec 11 markc826 3
Cherryville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web