TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41277 Jul 28, 2013
The good news: The legislature has recessed. Hopefully, it will be 219 days before any more regressive legislation attacking the poor, teachers, women , children or attempts to establish a state religion are presented.
The bad news: Governor McCorey's cabinet members only got a $13,500 raise. Lawyers only got a $50,000 ADDITIONAL tax break, You can now carry your concealed pistol into a bar but you still can't get drunk while you have it.
anon

Marion, NC

#41278 Jul 28, 2013
Hagan

Gastonia, NC

#41279 Jul 28, 2013
Malcolm III wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not looking foe a debate on what the bill means, just looking to see how our state representatives voted on the budget bill.
I tried searching myself, but can't find it.
I would also like to see the list of how they voted.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#41280 Jul 28, 2013
sevenSecrets wrote:
WTF guys, do any of the old ones get on?
You've been gone too long.Silvercoast.left for Singapore in June.Bacon moved to the Virgin Islands as well.AZ said the heck with it.

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#41281 Jul 28, 2013
Butch Brokeback wrote:
<quoted text>I just flew into Texas, sweetheart and and I'm here, I can't wait to suck everybody in Texas off..
What a pervert! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#41282 Jul 28, 2013
TSF wrote:
I don't think so, but if he was: What does that have to do with republikans dismantling public education in NC? How would that change the FACT that republikans are cutting NC education by nearly 1/2 trillion dollars while coincidentally giving more tax breaks to the rich? North Carolina has tried this model before: Attention business:Come to our state where you can hire uneducated workers at minimum wage, can ignore environmental regulations and pollute our rivers, air and ground water at will , can ignore worker safety and protection. It didn't work in the past and it will not work in the future. It is a stupid mistake that puts our state closer to the bottom of an already fetid barrel.
How many people want to move to a state full of stupid ,ignorant bigots (and that's just the state legislature)? How many want to live in communities where the populous is ignorant, squalid and poor? Who wants to move here and send their children to underfunded schools? How many want to live where the rivers, groundwater and air are so polluted that you may as well live in China? Answers: few if any
<quoted text>
I beg to differ, there's been an awful lot of DAMN yankees that have migrated down here! After the Commucrats up north have destroyed almost every northern state, the yankees can sell their 1 bedroom, 800 S/F studio apt for $1.6M, move down here and buy a house on the lake, start their on business and hire the worthless, lazy, entitled generation to work for them without having to worry about unions, while putting money in their pockets! For others it's as far as they could make it on a tank of gas! Either way it's a yankees paradise!

Location hidden

#41283 Jul 28, 2013
The education bill also includes $10M for some "underprivileged" kids to attend private schools. If there is a way to track these "underprivileged" kids' progress thru private school vs govt school, I'm sure we'll find it was a $10M well spent!
For the child of course, not the govt school teacher!
john hamhock

Wadesboro, NC

#41284 Jul 29, 2013
Anyone who would vote for any dem0 needs a brain transplant.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41285 Jul 29, 2013
I find it illogical that lazy, worthless, members of the entitled generation would even accept a job or that anyone would want to hire them. Also illogical is resentment against persons who would move here and start hiring the unemployed , even if they are " damn Yankees". Exactly how all that fits into your hatred of public education is as confusing as your inability to reason past the beckerhead BS..
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>I beg to differ, there's been an awful lot of DAMN yankees that have migrated down here! After the Commucrats up north have destroyed almost every northern state, the yankees can sell their 1 bedroom, 800 S/F studio apt for $1.6M, move down here and buy a house on the lake, start their on business and hire the worthless, lazy, entitled generation to work for them without having to worry about unions, while putting money in their pockets! For others it's as far as they could make it on a tank of gas! Either way it's a yankees paradise!
crehak13

Raleigh, NC

#41286 Jul 29, 2013
I support Richard Burr for Senate.
Dang

Lenoir, NC

#41287 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
The good news: The legislature has recessed. Hopefully, it will be 219 days before any more regressive legislation attacking the poor, teachers, women , children or attempts to establish a state religion are presented.
The bad news: Governor McCorey's cabinet members only got a $13,500 raise. Lawyers only got a $50,000 ADDITIONAL tax break, You can now carry your concealed pistol into a bar but you still can't get drunk while you have it.
WASHINGTON — Mayor Bloomberg’s anti-gun club suddenly isn’t such a hot ticket.

His gun-control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns has lost more than 50 of its original mayoral members in the last few months, as disenchanted mayors quit the coalition or leave office.

Bloomberg, who pumped millions of dollars of his personal fortune into the group to make it one of the loudest voices in the gun-control debate, now is struggling to replace ex-members.

“The original focus, I thought, was going to be ... on better enforcement of our existing laws, and if anything, we have talked about not getting involved with things like banning assault weapons and banning magazine clips,” former member Rockford (Ill.) Mayor Lawrence Morrissey told BuzzFeed, which first reported the dwindling membership. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/weakene... * Top Democrats balked when Bloomberg’s group mounted a TV ad campaign targeting vulnerable Senate Democrats in red states who didn’t back a bill to expand background checks, potentially helping Republican challengers.

Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) slammed the move, saying the “mayor of New York City putting ads against people in red states is not going to be effective.” It's all about the vote. "Keep me in office" my name is Mikey, I'll agree to anything, just vote for me!!
unlikely

Hendersonville, NC

#41288 Jul 29, 2013
unlikely
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41289 Jul 29, 2013
Bloomberg and Weiner need to be banned from politics.
Dang wrote:
<quoted text>WASHINGTON — Mayor Bloomberg’s anti-gun club suddenly isn’t such a hot ticket.
His gun-control group Mayors Against Illegal Guns has lost more than 50 of its original mayoral members in the last few months, as disenchanted mayors quit the coalition or leave office.
Bloomberg, who pumped millions of dollars of his personal fortune into the group to make it one of the loudest voices in the gun-control debate, now is struggling to replace ex-members.
“The original focus, I thought, was going to be ... on better enforcement of our existing laws, and if anything, we have talked about not getting involved with things like banning assault weapons and banning magazine clips,” former member Rockford (Ill.) Mayor Lawrence Morrissey told BuzzFeed, which first reported the dwindling membership. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/weakene... * Top Democrats balked when Bloomberg’s group mounted a TV ad campaign targeting vulnerable Senate Democrats in red states who didn’t back a bill to expand background checks, potentially helping Republican challengers.
Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) slammed the move, saying the “mayor of New York City putting ads against people in red states is not going to be effective.” It's all about the vote. "Keep me in office" my name is Mikey, I'll agree to anything, just vote for me!!
waco 1909

Lenoir, NC

#41290 Jul 29, 2013
Speaking of wieners, your pope supports butt sex.
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41291 Jul 29, 2013
Pedophile priests deserve forgiveness? BS. To hell with the pope.
waco 1909 wrote:
Speaking of wieners, your pope supports butt sex.

Location hidden

#41292 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
I find it illogical that lazy, worthless, members of the entitled generation would even accept a job or that anyone would want to hire them. Also illogical is resentment against persons who would move here and start hiring the unemployed , even if they are " damn Yankees". Exactly how all that fits into your hatred of public education is as confusing as your inability to reason past the beckerhead BS..
<quoted text>
It's obvious that your govt education didn't teach you how to comprehend. It's understandable though since govt education doesn't teach students to think for themselves, rather to regurgitate what has been told to them!
Many of the lazy, worthless, entitled generation doesn't work, they still live off of mommy & daddy, hence their contribution to the high unemployment rate (that is really around 11%) while there are many of jobs left to fill.
No resentment against the "damn yankees", just pointing out where you were wrong, again, when you claimed no one would want to move here due to our new state govt. You must've never heard the joke concerning the "damn yankees" which explains your response.
My hatred toward govt schools is because I'm for less govt! Abolish the DOE, take the govt out of schools, let the private educators do the educating, and our future will be SOOOO much brighter! There's a reason govt teachers are so upset, most of them couldn't cut it in a private school setting......if they could, they would already be teaching there!

Location hidden

#41293 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Pedophile priests deserve forgiveness? BS. To hell with the pope.
<quoted text>
The Pope WILL be the anti-Christ!
TSF

Fayetteville, NC

#41294 Jul 29, 2013
Yankees are like hemorrhoids. If they come down and go back up they aren't so bad. If they come down and stay, they are a pain in the a$$. Just an old joke. If they bring a few jobs, that is helpful .
I have temporarily hired a few of the privately educated persons and some of the home schooled. Not good. It appears to have been a case of the blind leading the blind . I will pick the public school's product from now on.
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious that your govt education didn't teach you how to comprehend. It's understandable though since govt education doesn't teach students to think for themselves, rather to regurgitate what has been told to them!
Many of the lazy, worthless, entitled generation doesn't work, they still live off of mommy & daddy, hence their contribution to the high unemployment rate (that is really around 11%) while there are many of jobs left to fill.
No resentment against the "damn yankees", just pointing out where you were wrong, again, when you claimed no one would want to move here due to our new state govt. You must've never heard the joke concerning the "damn yankees" which explains your response.
My hatred toward govt schools is because I'm for less govt! Abolish the DOE, take the govt out of schools, let the private educators do the educating, and our future will be SOOOO much brighter! There's a reason govt teachers are so upset, most of them couldn't cut it in a private school setting......if they could, they would already be teaching there!

Location hidden

#41295 Jul 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Yankees are like hemorrhoids. If they come down and go back up they aren't so bad. If they come down and stay, they are a pain in the a$$. Just an old joke. If they bring a few jobs, that is helpful .
I have temporarily hired a few of the privately educated persons and some of the home schooled. Not good. It appears to have been a case of the blind leading the blind . I will pick the public school's product from now on.
<quoted text>
When I was self employed, I found the private educated to be great problem solving, management type leaders and the govt educated to be good laborers.....if they actually showed up. There were a few who got promoted into lower level mgt, but they were few and far between. The private educated I found to be more valuable in the leadership positions because they were actually taught to think for themselves and to come up with solutions on their own that benefited everybody, not just themselves. The govt educated was just worried about their beer money on Fridays!
A yankee is someone who comes down to visit, a damn yankee comes down to stay!

“Smarter Than You”

Location hidden

#41296 Jul 30, 2013
Pro-American wrote:
<quoted text>When I was self employed, I found the private educated to be great problem solving, management type leaders and the govt educated to be good laborers.....if they actually showed up. There were a few who got promoted into lower level mgt, but they were few and far between. The private educated I found to be more valuable in the leadership positions because they were actually taught to think for themselves and to come up with solutions on their own that benefited everybody, not just themsIelves. The govt educated was just worried about their beer money on Fridays!
A yankee is someone who comes down to visit, a damn yankee comes down to stay!
.I can't believe you'd say that about our half witted moronic mentally deficient Yankee lowlife scumbag friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pop Warner football 9 hr Hawks 22
Lincoln man accused of having sex with 11-year-old Sun In the know 22
Division of Workforce Solutions Job Listings Sep 20 movingon 1
Deputies charge man for 2010 breaking and entering Sep 20 movingon 1
Taste of Gaston is about more than just food an... Sep 18 Mortimer 2
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Sep 16 seriously 23
cmc lincoln sucks Sep 11 joshua 7
•••
Cherryville Dating

more search filters