EDITORIAL: Open discussion needed in Cherryville Police Department decision

Full story: The Gaston Gazette

Cherryville City Council members have decided against partnering with Gaston County for police protection, but how they reached that decision raises some troubling questions.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2013

Since: Sep 12

Cherryville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

According to Bobby Schull all you have to do to find out how the city council reached its decision to not ask Gaston county for police protection is to go to Church with these fine upstanding Citizens.

Excuse me. But does this not scare the bejezus out of anyone else? What happened to how our elected government should conduct business? How about letting the citizens of Cherryville know exactly how the decision was made?

Seems to me that what actually happened and how the decision was made was in the back room of someones house or business in the finest tradition of the "Good Ole Boy network".

Just more of the same shenanigans that got Cherryville in the mess it is now. Woody Burgess and Captain Allred left the Cherryville under the taint of scandal. And we find that major theft of our hard earned dollars to pay for inflated utility bills that could not have gone on for as long as it did unless someone else was padding their pockets at City Hall.

Many questions of how business was handled have gone unanswered. The last thing this city council needs to do right now is to have secrets from the voters.
myway

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Alfred E Newmanm wrote:
According to Bobby Schull all you have to do to find out how the city council reached its decision to not ask Gaston county for police protection is to go to Church with these fine upstanding Citizens.
Excuse me. But does this not scare the bejezus out of anyone else? What happened to how our elected government should conduct business? How about letting the citizens of Cherryville know exactly how the decision was made?
Seems to me that what actually happened and how the decision was made was in the back room of someones house or business in the finest tradition of the "Good Ole Boy network".
Just more of the same shenanigans that got Cherryville in the mess it is now. Woody Burgess and Captain Allred left the Cherryville under the taint of scandal. And we find that major theft of our hard earned dollars to pay for inflated utility bills that could not have gone on for as long as it did unless someone else was padding their pockets at City Hall.
Many questions of how business was handled have gone unanswered. The last thing this city council needs to do right now is to have secrets from the voters.
I agree
myway

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cherryville Discussions

Search the Cherryville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 5 hr WV Mountaineer 56,628
NC woman charged with embezzlement 23 hr Josh 1
Matthew Beaver Jul 29 Victim-Supporter 1
cmc lincoln sucks Jul 27 Joker 2
help me... Jul 27 Truth Seeker 7
City Lunch in Lincolnton, NC (Aug '13) Jul 26 Smitty Walker 21
Narcotics officers bust meth lab in Lincolnton Jul 25 Mick 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cherryville Jobs

•••