A little change of pace
Alfred E Newman

Harrisburg, NC

#42 Aug 5, 2013
Spongebob
I am taking a stand. I live here and NO ONE is driving me out. I intend to do what I can to drive the corruption out. Even if it is only to point it out. So if you do not like me calling it as I see it Why don't YOU just move.
Former What

United States

#43 Aug 5, 2013
I have a better idea. Let's all post our real names since we are all big tough guys and gals? Who has the BALLS to post their real name?
If we truly believe in our cause then post them up.
You feel so strongly about something but won't attach your name to it????
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#44 Aug 5, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Spongebob
I am taking a stand. I live here and NO ONE is driving me out. I intend to do what I can to drive the corruption out. Even if it is only to point it out. So if you do not like me calling it as I see it Why don't YOU just move.
You are the one that says that you are, "CALLING IT, LIKE YOU SEE IT". What if there is nothing else to find, what if there is no more corruption that you want to point out"? If you know what is wrong; what is going on that is so dishonest, instead of getting on here, why not just go to the authorities. Honestly, some don't know what it is you are trying to "call it like you see it". As for you moving; nobody said they were trying to drive you out......you said that. You say,"calling it like you see it", NO. Tell it like it is! You can take a stand on something you know for a fact is true; you have seen it with your own eyes and if you haven't and it is only hear-say or you didn't see anything, then there is nothing you can do about it. You know, if it wasn't for the cameras on the store fronts in Boston, our authorities may have never found who made the bombs or may not have done so, as quickly. Thanks to our government they found the culprits that deliberately killed and hurt so many. I hate the country is full of people that are so dishonest and like you, I want them brought to justice. Some people just like drama; waiting for something to happen.
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#45 Aug 5, 2013
Former What wrote:
I have a better idea. Let's all post our real names since we are all big tough guys and gals? Who has the BALLS to post their real name?
If we truly believe in our cause then post them up.
You feel so strongly about something but won't attach your name to it????
Amen brother!
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#46 Aug 5, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Spongebob
When you get elected, I will call you "as I see you"! Hey handsome! Two big ears, a smiling face and missing teeth.
Former What

United States

#47 Aug 5, 2013
He won't be elected. You can take that to the bank.
dorky1

Cherryville, NC

#48 Aug 6, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
Dorky you just can not stand when anybody says anything bad about Cherryville and according to your name data you do not even claim Cherryville. You just take a post and make it your little vendetta about Cherryville when the subject of the post has nothing to do with Cherryville but an intellectual exercise that you have a hard time fathoming. Get a life Dorky and let us post to each other on the subject. And as far as name calling I said that your name is appropriate. And really you are a Moron as far as I can see. If it hurts then it is probably true.
You said that I have a vendetta about Cherryville.......not me. You need to look the two words up in the dictionary, because I have nothing against Cherryville. You are the one with the vendetta. Who are you to call someone Moron? You are the one that sees and hears what nobody else does.
Alfred E Newman

Harrisburg, NC

#49 Aug 6, 2013
Interesting that people get so upset about the simple idea of investigations are still ongoing. That SBI unmarked cars drive around town everyday and that the FBI have meetings with SBI investigators on the second floor of city hall about once a week. I state that if people think that everything is over that they are mistaken and I am called for indecent exposure on HWY 150?

Tell me why are people so upset about this simple idea? I came to the conclusion that they fear something in their past. I mean seriously folks why else would you be upset that the investigations continue?

As far as running for office. I have no designs for that though I have been asked more than once. I prefer to write my book.

And Spongebob you are correct about my physical description. "What me worry?" You tell your age with your recognition of me.
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#50 Aug 6, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Interesting that people get so upset about the simple idea of investigations are still ongoing. That SBI unmarked cars drive around town everyday and that the FBI have meetings with SBI investigators on the second floor of city hall about once a week. I state that if people think that everything is over that they are mistaken and I am called for indecent exposure on HWY 150?
Tell me why are people so upset about this simple idea? I came to the conclusion that they fear something in their past. I mean seriously folks why else would you be upset that the investigations continue?
As far as running for office. I have no designs for that though I have been asked more than once. I prefer to write my book. And Spongebob you are correct about my physical description. "What me worry?" You tell your age with your recognition of me.
Well, if you knew all this to begin with, why didn't you say it. As for anyone being upset, as you say, investigations are still ongoing, good.....it doesn't really matter, does it? As for your "simple idea" as you said, "investigations are still ongoing", is this just an idea, simple as it sounds. Best of luck with your book! Why would they come to Cherryville to ride around everyday and THEN have a meeting (1) time a week. Does this make sense?
cherry2000

Charlotte, NC

#51 Aug 6, 2013
Civil Rights was the most powerful event in the last 100 years...
cherry2000

Charlotte, NC

#52 Aug 6, 2013
Or could be the internet or Facebook
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#53 Aug 6, 2013
CELL PHONE? Ya hoo!
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#54 Aug 6, 2013
cherry2000 wrote:
Civil Rights was the most powerful event in the last 100 years...
Thank you, you are 100% correct.
Alfred E Newman

Harrisburg, NC

#55 Aug 7, 2013
Civil rights was/is a very powerful movement, but I think that it may be because it has not nearly gone as far or as quickly as it should have. If Dr. Martin King had lived and not have been assassinated how much further would the civil rights movement had gone by now? Would men be more likely or less likely to call each other "Brother"?
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#56 Aug 7, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
Civil rights was/is a very powerful movement, but I think that it may be because it has not nearly gone as far or as quickly as it should have. If Dr. Martin King had lived and not have been assassinated how much further would the civil rights movement had gone by now? Would men be more likely or less likely to call each other "Brother"?
The word "brother" is a figure of speach to most; as motorcycle enthusiast (they also call each other brother). Church congregations, also use the word "brother". Some only use the word to be respectful of another.
Alfred E Newman

Harrisburg, NC

#57 Aug 7, 2013
SpongeBob10 wrote:
<quoted text>
The word "brother" is a figure of speach to most; as motorcycle enthusiast (they also call each other brother). Church congregations, also use the word "brother". Some only use the word to be respectful of another.
I think that your respect use of the word is my meaning.
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#58 Aug 8, 2013
Alfred E Newman wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that your respect use of the word is my meaning.
Huh? I am going to be nice!
SpongeBob10

Cherryville, NC

#59 Aug 8, 2013
SpongeBob10 wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry....speech
Alfred E Newman

Harrisburg, NC

#60 Aug 8, 2013
Oh wow, peach, speach, speech. How did spell check miss that? Well crap happens.
whocares

Gastonia, NC

#61 Aug 9, 2013
When are the folks going to be getting their sentences in court from this great town?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cherryville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Reid scandal 9 hr Harry Pavilack Es... 11
LCSO and LPD Facebook page deletions 13 hr SEARCH YOUR SOUL 9
News Eleven indicted on felony drug charges Oct 18 MeJustMe 2
News Man accused of stealing restaurant van while po... Oct 17 posted 1
News Game of the Week: Week 7: Lincolnton at East Li... Oct 15 poster 3
gay bar in cherryville (Dec '14) Oct 15 Tuba 8
Kimberly Ledford Oct 15 poster 2

Cherryville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance